Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 30, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #49,682 of 63,207
Got the transmitter and finally tried it out today. Yes, you can really hear a difference with the Nuratrue Pro. At first play, I was like, huh... wow. That said, I can't seem to figure out what codec it's streaming outside of Hi-Res Apple Lossless in my Apple Music app. Have to keep playing with it... er uh, the adapter.
Does the adapter work with other TWS earbuds? Or just Nuratrue Pro?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #49,683 of 63,207
Does the adapter work with other TWS earbuds? Or just Nuratrue Pro?
I've only connected with my Nuratrue Pro and my B&W PX8. So that would lead me to believe yes, they do. I just can't see what codec they're using via my iPad Pro to my B&Ws. I have to find a non-Apple device to try the adapter with. You put the adapter in pairing mode, then the headphones you want to connect into pairing mode and they auto-connect with one another.

Dec 30, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #49,684 of 63,207
I've only connected with my Nuratrue Pro and my B&W PX8. So that would lead me to believe yes, they do. I just can't see what codec they're using via my iPad Pro to my B&Ws. I have to find a non-Apple device to try the adapter with. You put the adapter in pairing mode, then the headphones you want to connect into pairing mode and they auto-connect with one another.
How do they sound with the adapter? I might buy adapter for pc and use with some other TWS. Nuratrue Pro looks too big for comfort tbh

Dec 30, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #49,685 of 63,207
How do they sound with the adapter? I might buy adapter for pc and use with some other TWS. Nuratrue Pro looks too big for comfort tbh
It's just the outer shell of the NTP that is large... the inner portion is not and sits well in your ears. I have large ears and no issues. Swapped the wings to no wings and then added the stock XL tips. Works well. They sound incredible. I put them on Spatial audio mode and watched Alice in Borderlands via my Nreal Air glasses in bed while everyone else was asleep. Talk about immersion. So much fun.

Again, I have to figure out what codec it's transmitting.

https://help.nurasound.com/hc/en-us...Supported-Source-Devices-and-Bluetooth-Codecs

Edit: Found this on the Nura site: The transmitter will automatically enable the highest quality codec supported by the transmitter and the connected device.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #49,686 of 63,207
Dec 31, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #49,687 of 63,207
I still haven't found a pair of TWS's I enjoy as much as the Liberty 3 Pro's.
Bought the Nuratrue Pro's the other day and they can't hold a candle to the L3P's regarding sound, like not even close. Especially don't like how they (Nuratrue) sound with more guitar-based music.
The L3P's are just ridiculously good value for the money. But I like how they sound and how good they are for phone calls, bur I'm not crazy about their size (neither buds nor case), the wingtips, the mediocre ANC, etc.

So I'm really itching for an upgrade though... But I'm not sure where to throw my money at this point.
Fokus Pro would be good but it seems to be out of stock everywhere that seems trustworthy, Beoplay EX seems to be slightly too poor regarding ANC for the asking price.
Also kinda want to check out the Bose QC II's, but I'm only expecting ANC to be better, not the other parts.

Dec 31, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #49,688 of 63,207
I still haven't found a pair of TWS's I enjoy as much as the Liberty 3 Pro's.
Bought the Nuratrue Pro's the other day and they can't hold a candle to the L3P's regarding sound, like not even close. Especially don't like how they (Nuratrue) sound with more guitar-based music.
The L3P's are just ridiculously good value for the money. But I like how they sound and how good they are for phone calls, bur I'm not crazy about their size (neither buds nor case), the wingtips, the mediocre ANC, etc.

So I'm really itching for an upgrade though... But I'm not sure where to throw my money at this point.
Fokus Pro would be good but it seems to be out of stock everywhere that seems trustworthy, Beoplay EX seems to be slightly too poor regarding ANC for the asking price.
Also kinda want to check out the Bose QC II's, but I'm only expecting ANC to be better, not the other parts.
New Noble coming out soon.

The thing with this hobby is I find its hard to just be content with the bud you have. It seems easier with iems that don't have all the expected features. We don't seem as forgiving with TWS. I'd say you already have one of the top 3-5 tws (maybe #1 for value) and you aren't going to upgrade to a more expensive option without losing one of the things you like about the L3P. Even the focus still won't exhibit ANC and that might be the one that's worth it for an sq upgrade.

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #49,691 of 63,207
Assume you need a cck to use with iPhone? Ordered my pros 3 days ago. No shipping notification. Irritating.

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #49,693 of 63,207
Had at launch, not my cup of tea SQ or ANC.

FYI Bose have the best ANC for now.
Same here, I really did not like the XM4's AT ALL. The sound was not to my liking no matter how much I EQd them, and I had horrible fit with them as well.

I've been looking at buying the Bose but the ANC seems to be about the only really impressive thing about them, though.
New Noble coming out soon.

The thing with this hobby is I find its hard to just be content with the bud you have. It seems easier with iems that don't have all the expected features. We don't seem as forgiving with TWS. I'd say you already have one of the top 3-5 tws (maybe #1 for value) and you aren't going to upgrade to a more expensive option without losing one of the things you like about the L3P. Even the focus still won't exhibit ANC and that might be the one that's worth it for an sq upgrade.
Yeah for sure, definitely makes you picky. It's because when you have that many features compared to regular IEMs. IEM's basically need to sound good and be comfortable. TWSs need to sound good, be comfortable, have good call quality, decent ANC, good control scheme, have good battery life in both buds and case, and also needs a good size on the case itself.

But yeah back to that point, I'm completely okay with TWS omitting ANC if they're among the top dogs for sound. So with Fokus Pro/Mystique or whatever the new ones were called, I'm completely fine with it. I usually either buy for audio quality or for the "all-rounder"/everyday earbuds where I obviously care about sound, but good ANC, pocketable case and good call quality is equally important.

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #49,694 of 63,207
@Juturna, don't sleep on the Bose as being only about the ANC. They have excellent SQ and fit. While I don't think the SQ is on the Fokus level, its still excellent. Worst case scenario, you return them. And the ANC is really good. At their current sale price, for an all around TWS, I'm not sure there's anything better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back