Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 13, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #48,751 of 62,472
I sent an email to Amazon JP pleading my case, as their live chat was closed for the day. $98 to ship a one pound package seems exorbitant, and the potential for the package to be denied because of the lithium batteries is disconcerting. Buying international is always a gamble, and unfortunately this time I lost.

I tried forced pairing mode where the red lights blink once, and also a full reset where the red lights blink continuously. I'm at a loss as to why they stopped working. One day they were fine, the next they're faulty.

I really liked them for the three weeks they worked. I'm undecided about what to do next. I either buy another pair of these, or try something else.
You could always buy a set from Amazon US and return them (sending the faulty pair back and keeping the working pair). It’s not really unethical since it’s all the same company anyway and there may not be another way around it with dealing directly with Amazon JP. I’d wait to hear from them first of course.

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #48,752 of 62,472
You could always buy a set from Amazon US and return them (sending the faulty pair back and keeping the working pair). It’s not really unethical since it’s all the same company anyway and there may not be another way around it with dealing directly with Amazon JP. I’d wait to hear from them first of course.
Amazon JP responded and will be sending a replacement pair. I do not need to return the faulty pair. They were very apologetic. Considering that they would need to reimburse me $98 for the return shipping, this isn't much of a loss for them. I've been an Amazon member for over 10 years and their CS has always been great. Hopefully the new pair hold up longer.

Thanks for the support. I referenced your experience and that may have helped my case.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #48,753 of 62,472
Amazon JP responded and will be sending a replacement pair. I do not need to return the faulty pair. They were very apologetic. Considering that they would need to reimburse me $98 for the return shipping, this isn't much of a loss for them. I've been an Amazon member for over 10 years and their CS has always been great. Hopefully the new pair hold up longer.

Thanks for the support. I referenced your experience and that may have helped my case.
Do you want to sell me the faulty pairs when you received a new one?

Nov 13, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #48,754 of 62,472
Hi Guys,
in the "world" of wireless iem, at the moment what do you consider a Top 5...Give priority to sound quality....
I really love my Beoplay EX and what I have been reading here (the whole topic), its by far the most well-rounded offering with a great sound quality. SQ being one of the top 2-3 TWS’s in the market, depending on who you ask.

I was hesitant on pulling the trigger on a 400€ pair of tws, but I was able to get these for 310 € with all the discounts and I have to say Im super happy. Im sure I would be happy paying 400€ also.

The sound quality is really good and it’s a pleasant experience to listen to these. No hassle, things just sound balanced good.

The phone calls are good (best I have tried in a tws). I need to have good call quality.

The design is amazing. Great fit with many options to use different 3rd party eartips of your preference. These look amazing.

The ANC has been talked about here a lot. I have to say, that it even isn’t that bad. Initially I thought its non-existent and they shouldn’t advertise it even. BUT I was using included eartips. Now Im using Spinfit CP360 (shallow design also), I have to say, these seal for me so much better and the ANC is ok!. The Spinfit CP1025 is also a good option with little deeper insertion if that’s your preference. I rarely need ANC, but this what Im getting is totally fine for me for occasional flight etc.

Transparency I don’t use or need.

These being made by a big company and the fact, that you get 3 years of warranty, Im thinking we will have product support for some time.

My full recommendation for these. If the price is a problem, Im can honestly say you are probably happier with these than buying 2-3 different TWS’s in the next two years.

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #48,755 of 62,472
I really love my Beoplay EX and what I have been reading here (the whole topic), its by far the most well-rounded offering with a great sound quality. SQ being one of the top 2-3 TWS’s in the market, depending on who you ask.

I was hesitant on pulling the trigger on a 400€ pair of tws, but I was able to get these for 310 € with all the discounts and I have to say Im super happy. Im sure I would be happy paying 400€ also.

The sound quality is really good and it’s a pleasant experience to listen to these. No hassle, things just sound balanced good.

The phone calls are good (best I have tried in a tws). I need to have good call quality.

The design is amazing. Great fit with many options to use different 3rd party eartips of your preference. These look amazing.

The ANC has been talked about here a lot. I have to say, that it even isn’t that bad. Initially I thought its non-existent and they shouldn’t advertise it even. BUT I was using included eartips. Now Im using Spinfit CP360 (shallow design also), I have to say, these seal for me so much better and the ANC is ok!. The Spinfit CP1025 is also a good option with little deeper insertion if that’s your preference. I rarely need ANC, but this what Im getting is totally fine for me for occasional flight etc.

These being made by a big company and the fact, that you get 3 years of warranty, Im thinking we will have product support for some time.

My full recommendation for these. If the price is a problem, Im can honestly say you are probably happier with these than buying 2-3 different TWS’s in the next two years.
That's awesome, so happy you're enjoying your buds. Just one quick question - the CP1025s, do the buds charge properly with those installed?

Also just for anyone who has yet to pull the trigger on a pair of EXs and are considering it - I very much agree with the sentiment of this comment, these are nice and they do a lot of things right - I've neglected to mention these are just better than everything else on the call quality front! I however stand by my comments on ANC; if you get rid of the stock tips (I run the Azla Sedna Max) that will help on sound isolation front, but just to temper expectations I will say it still will not be great.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #48,756 of 62,472
I got Nothing Ear 1 tws but have some difficulty with the original eartips. Does anyone know how to find compatible tips for example in aliexpress?

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #48,757 of 62,472
That's awesome, so happy you're enjoying your buds. Just one quick question - the CP1025s, do the buds charge properly with those installed?

Also just for anyone who has yet to pull the trigger on a pair of EXs and are considering it - I very much agree with the sentiment of this comment, these are nice and they do a lot of things right - I've neglected to mention these are just better than everything else on the call quality front! I however stand by my comments on ANC; if you get rid of the stock tips (I run the Azla Sedna Max) that will help on sound isolation front, but just to temper expectations I will say it still will not be great.
The CP1025 charge fine. Depth is between the CP360 and CP100. There are size charts if you google.

The ANC is not great, but like I said, compared to what it was before for me, it's usable the rare times I even need one. Today I was at a noisy cafe. Big open space, about 80 ppl or something. Everyone talking, drinking and eating. I sat down and put EX on. Took about 5-8 seconds until the ANC kicked in. I would questimate it took out about 60-70% of all the noise. Some frequencies come through more than others.

If ANC is something you are focusing on, no, definitely not the tws for you. But, if its just a feature you might use from time to time, I doubt it will be a problem. But like with all ANC, you need a good seal. I at least am getting totally different results with the Spinfits than the stock tips. Also I used the Sedna's in the beginning for a while also, but to my recollection the ANC was similar with stock tips. I would need to do some a/b testing on this.

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #48,758 of 62,472
There, finally ordered the JVC HA-FX150T! Will compare these against the MTW3, in the end I'm just a sucker for tiny TWS/IEMs that promises great SQ. :)

Just a shame about Amazon Japans difficult of returns so I would have to sell them in case their not to my liking.

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #48,759 of 62,472
More thoughts on the Cyberblade now that I have some time to sit with them. First thing is the thinness is due to the "booster" system they are using when their "main hub" is connected via USB. Once I switch to Bluetooth, these sound so much better.

Now onto some proper thoughts, some mini review for it! Of course, it has been ages since I wrote any sort of audio review, so be gentle with me on it... :laughing:

They sound REALLY good. I think they are actually technically very solid with decent soundstage and instrument separations. Very W sound signature with the Cyberblade. Very strong punchy bass with sparkly trebles and relatively forward mids. The bass is seriously rumbly and got a big oomph but it doesn't bleed to the mids. Of course, knowing that these earphones are designed to be Gamer-First and Audiophile-Second, that's not surprising at all. Overall, it's a very energetic and bright earphone to meet the sort of sounds that gamers usually hear.

Unfortunately, these technical abilities are shot by the fact they don't support LDAC or AptX. So your hi-res music isn't going to get its fullest potential with these.

Fit and design
Very comfortable in my books. Of course, as inspired by Horizon Zero Dawn's focus, the embedded LED in them will turn heads. thankfully you can turn the LEDs off if you don't want to come off as pretentious 😂

I do love the design of it though, it just looks really special in comparison to your usual bud-and-stem approach nowadays.

The packaging is REALLY nice unsurprisingly if you know Angry Miao from the keyboard world, but the accessories are what you'd expect from any earphones. Comes with four silicon tips and three foam tips of different sizes.

ANC performance and noise
There's something interesting about Cyberblade's ANC. This is the first TWS that have listened to that doesn't sound like your ear canals get muffled with ANC. However, I can tell they are working when I am playing music because I can barely hear anything while out on my walk. The wind noise was also very barely noticeable. Didn't even have any stomping sound when walking! I suspect these will do well with running. According to them, it is because it is mixed with environmental feedback and cancellation as well:

One of the hiccups however is that the mic is quite big and nested on top of the earbuds. As a result, when you move the earpiece or if your ears itself brush against the mic, it can create a bit of a warble effect because of the ANC trying to remove that sound. Turning off fixes this, but a TWS earphone without ANC is just sad. Not entirely sure if this is something they can fix. Because otherwise, this ANC is REALLY solid.

Usability:
Some notes about misc. items relating to these earphones.
Pros:
  • Amazing battery life -- 6 hours of straight listening with the earbuds alone. Don't know about the case battery just yet, but considering the size of the case, it should be quite a bit. Their website says that it has 24 hours of listening time in total. Have yet to put that to test though!
Cons:
  • Cyberblade's touch buttons are limited to only ANC, pause/play, previous/next track, and LED. No volume control on it, I find that a little bit annoying. They currently don't have button customization either. I hope they will change that with future firmware
  • Don't have multipoint
  • App still in development, limited as discussed above
  • Case is BIG, very not pocket-friendly
  • Have I mentioned the volume control? There have been way too many times I find myself unable to tweak the volume because I've walked too far from my phone and can't adjust my volume at all.
Vs. TWX9 Comparison:
They are actually technically superior to the TWX9. Of course, these are also an extra $60 with my Kickstarter price compared to how much I paid for my TWX9 in Japanese price. For official price, we seem to be looking at a $50 difference at Cyberblade's retail price ($329) and TWX9 US price ($279). In terms of value per buck, TWX9 is still an excellent choice for its cost. TWX9 is more laidback in comparison to the Cyberblade and that is not necessarily a bad thing! It is more musical and makes for a more enjoyable listen when you want to relax.

Outside of sound, there are also some things I like about TWX9 in terms of usability:
  • More buttons and abilities to control via your earpiece
  • Quick hear through is... just REALLY good. More Bluetooth earphones need this function! I find myself missing this a lot when I am without my TWX9.
  • Pretty much any cons that the Cyberblade has, TWX9 got me covered
Summary
I do like these earphones a lot! These earphones will likely stay in my reservoir and be in my rotation because I have such fun listening to that W-signature. But it is very clear that they made these earphones with gamers in mind instead of audiophiles. Some of the most common functionalities we normally expect a TWS earphone will have at that $329 price point, Cyberblade is clearly missing them. Here's hoping that they will make some updates to the firmware to fix some of those little issues because they are really good actually.
Definitely find myself agreeing (never got around to making my own review), and would also recommend remembering that if you slap these on the charger base at night and don't like glaring lights you can hit the lid three times to turn them on/off. Passthrough is also basically a superpower with these 😅 I can hear more with them in then out. Definitely agree on the case size being unwieldy, and locking the different eq signatures behind a lab password (AM8888) is a bit weird, but I have decent earbuds that pretty much just stay connected and an excellent fidget toy now 🙂 these may be it for me for the time being. Would only consider trying the nuras at this point.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #48,760 of 62,472
The only review I can find online translated from a Japanese reviewer who tested them briefly in a store confirms what you're saying. The basic tuning is so so, but with the EQ applied it becomes quite impressive (from what they say).

Btw where did you find out about the new Kenwood?

JVC released the pair of brothers as I call them at around the same time a while back about 6 months ago. The JVC is called the XC72T and the Kenwood is called the BIZ70T. Some reviews and videos showing some elementary over video ANC testing but you can tell it is better than the old Kenwood, or I can tell since I have it. Light on the ANC esp. since they fit so shallow but today is certainly made a difference on a windy day.

The FXT100T is capable of more isolation so I have hope for the FX150T to have better ANC plus better passive isolation. Should be a worthy step up though it will not make Sony or Bose break a sweat. Of course better mics should be in there from 2 years ago to make bot the ANC and ambient do better. Size they might have tweaked the shape but they won't get much smaller nor would you want that for the sake of easier fit and the touch controls becoming an issue when inserting or adjusting.
1668367429921.png

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #48,761 of 62,472
There, finally ordered the JVC HA-FX150T! Will compare these against the MTW3, in the end I'm just a sucker for tiny TWS/IEMs that promises great SQ. :)

Just a shame about Amazon Japans difficult of returns so I would have to sell them in case their not to my liking.

You mean pre-ordered. :) Hope the Yen drops a bit by release. It went up bit recently. Maybe they will go down below $130 before shipping.

Like I sold the FX100T and Yamaha E5B, and ATH-CKR70TW etc. that I bought from JP. Though it is probably as hard now as ever to sell and get most of your $$ back.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #48,762 of 62,472

So glad that worked out for you.

Btw it may be too late but when they placed my replacement order for me, it had standard shipping but it allowed me to upgrade to faster shipping at no cost. Might want to check that out if they haven’t shipped yet.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #48,763 of 62,472

Is there a way with Spinfits to buy a pack with 2 pair of the same size tips? I bought a pack of CP360 ML thinking it would be two pair of the one size “medium/large” like AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal. Instead one package comes with one medium and one large. I would like to buy a few pairs of large and I don’t want any other sizes. Kinda expensive to buy a package with 2 pair in it and only get 1 usable pair :frowning2:

It appears all Spinfits mix sizes in each package?

EDIT:
BTW, I love the EX as well! So much presence and texture! However I don't hear ANC or transparency doing much, but it's not a big deal to me anyway. Weird, I usually like one or the other on, vs "neutral", (neither on). It just has a bit more body to it.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #48,764 of 62,472
So glad that worked out for you.

Btw it may be too late but when they placed my replacement order for me, it had standard shipping but it allowed me to upgrade to faster shipping at no cost. Might want to check that out if they haven’t shipped yet.
The Amazon rep said they will be delivered on 11/17, so if they ship tomorrow that's three day shipping. That's how long the original pair took to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back