Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 3, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #48,602 of 62,422
Seems nothing new being announced lately in the tws department. I guess companies are on edge about potential upcoming recession (we may already be in one). Conditions could get worse so companies might just be hunkering down.
I think this is what happens when the technology is mature. All that's left to do is pump out different form factors with minor upgrades. Kind of like cell phones. There's no room to innovate. Even upgrades to hi-res etc. are likely to not matter much to the masses.

Nov 3, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #48,604 of 62,422
Seems nothing new being announced lately in the tws department. I guess companies are on edge about potential upcoming recession (we may already be in one). Conditions could get worse so companies might just be hunkering down.
Don't they know that we will be spending any stimulus on new tws?

Nov 3, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #48,605 of 62,422
I mean I understand sound is subjective but I have both and it's the complete opposite. Based upon reading every post I read on these buds before getting them, I've never heard anyone say that AZ 60 have more bass bias then the XM4. I mean literally the consensus was that they had a much more balance sound than the Sony's.

And having both and using both I can definitely see how that is exactly correct.

On my XM4 I have to increase the equalizer on the higher ends. With the AZ 60 it's either a flat EQ or I boost the bass ase a little bit.
That's so strange. I left the AZ60 EQ flat and the bass was just so overpowering. Like I said, I even tried with two different sets of AZ60s. The exact same results. I got some MTW3's today, and they sound more like the XM4 after I EQ'd them using Crin's MTW3 EQ profile. The bass is definitely tighter than the XM4's, but I still prefer the XM4's sound.

I wonder if the device is the reason for the difference in audio? I'm using a OnePlus 8T with LDAC for the XM4 and the aptX Adaptive for the MTW3. I'm also using the same silicone tips with both earbuds, just so I get a proper fit. I'm not a fan of the foam tips that come with the XM4's.

Nov 4, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #48,606 of 62,422
Nov 4, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #48,607 of 62,422
Honestly, I don't know if those others will make you happy either. AFAIK the MT are still considered one of the "bassiest" models you can buy without becoming "beats like", where the bass takes over the entire presentation. I mean, if you find the MT lacking in bass, I am not sure if there is anything out there that can give you the level that you want. The MT have always been known to be VERY boosted in that area.

Unless you like nothing but bass, I might suggest that you are (possibly) having a fitment issue. That will indeed cause them to sound like they don't have much bass. Try some tip rolling and see if that might help?!

While I don't listen to them (or any TWS) as much as I used to, I still have mine and (still) don't have any issues at all. I must have gotten really, really lucky when I got mine, I think.

Thanks for trusting us (I really miss talking with @miserybeforethemusic), and glad that you approved of them. But, you are right, fast forward a few years, and I just think that buyers expect more for the money. I personally think that the sound quality alone makes them worth the asking price (still), but that is only because I haven't had any issues with mine. Now, from the standpoint of all the issues I have read about, I DON'T think they are worth that same money.

Between the 4 pairs I currently have, I don't really need to upgrade any time soon (other than out of simple curiosity). So, I will keep them until such time as the battery no longer gives enough play time to make it even worth it. :) Good luck in your hunt, though I would be 0 help to you (I am so far out of the loop for today's products).
Yes you may have a point there . I did try some comply foam tips as for me they always seem to add some bass. From what I remember they would not fit in the charging case and I don’t want to have to take them off every time I am not using them.
I looked recently to get those comply tips again too,give them another try and they are £30 on Amazon …….so I decided not to 😀😀

As I dont use IEMs a great deal then maybe I am expecting too much in the bass area.
I don’t like the bass overpowering everything but I think l do prefer more bass when I am outside .

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #48,608 of 62,422
These have been as low as $99 Cad in Canada at Visions Electronics. Wish I had jumped when that low a price...
It's so annoying how you sometimes get those sick deals in NA, seems like Europe never gets any deals like that. The cheapest I can find the Mu3's for here in my country is around $300 (USD, not CAD) and even on Kef's EU shop they're still €229 lol... And the american webstore doesn't seem to ship anywhere else but the US, it seems like.

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #48,609 of 62,422
Yes you may have a point there . I did try some comply foam tips as for me they always seem to add some bass. From what I remember they would not fit in the charging case and I don’t want to have to take them off every time I am not using them.
I looked recently to get those comply tips again too,give them another try and they are £30 on Amazon …….so I decided not to 😀😀

As I dont use IEMs a great deal then maybe I am expecting too much in the bass area.
I don’t like the bass overpowering everything but I think l do prefer more bass when I am outside .
For me, fitment has always been an issue. The MT can only use the shorter "TWS" tips and still be able to fit into the charging case. This presents a problem for me because the way my ears are shaped, I cannot use any TWS/IEMs that just sit on the outside of my ear canals.

Having said that, I think in the end I finally settled on the Spinfit 360s IIRC. They aren't perfect, and I have to work with them a bit more to get them to be seated in my ears, but it seems that once I get them settled, they are fine. These also fit into the case (though only just) to charge them.

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #48,610 of 62,422
Honestly, I don't know if those others will make you happy either. AFAIK the MT are still considered one of the "bassiest" models you can buy without becoming "beats like", where the bass takes over the entire presentation. I mean, if you find the MT lacking in bass, I am not sure if there is anything out there that can give you the level that you want. The MT have always been known to be VERY boosted in that area.

Unless you like nothing but bass, I might suggest that you are (possibly) having a fitment issue. That will indeed cause them to sound like they don't have much bass. Try some tip rolling and see if that might help?!

You’re reading my mind. And it’s not the first time, hehe.

While I don't listen to them (or any TWS) as much as I used to, I still have mine and (still) don't have any issues at all. I must have gotten really, really lucky when I got mine, I think.

Thanks for trusting us (I really miss talking with @miserybeforethemusic), and glad that you approved of them. But, you are right, fast forward a few years, and I just think that buyers expect more for the money. I personally think that the sound quality alone makes them worth the asking price (still), but that is only because I haven't had any issues with mine. Now, from the standpoint of all the issues I have read about, I DON'T think they are worth that same money.

Between the 4 pairs I currently have, I don't really need to upgrade any time soon (other than out of simple curiosity). So, I will keep them until such time as the battery no longer gives enough play time to make it even worth it. :) Good luck in your hunt, though I would be 0 help to you (I am so far out of the loop for today's products).

Of course I trusted you, in more than one issue. And I don’t regret it at all. I miss him too.

I had mine replaced and I too was lucky with the replacement. It’s just that lately the right bud has been acting up with connectivity and playing music while in the case and sometimes not charging. That’s why, although I still like the sound and fit, which really ARE important, there’s not much else I like about them. Hence my desire for an upgrade.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #48,612 of 62,422
Darn ... was just switching back and forth between the Bose QCEB2 and the Airpods Max over ears ... and wow, the Bose beat those as well in SQ and ANC ... and they are so much more comfy ...
Curious how that will play out on next plane trip ...
On last trip I did not bring the Airpods Max because they are just so much heavier than the Bose QC35, my travel go-to over ears ...

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #48,613 of 62,422
Alright, I usually like to write my reviews a little tipsy. Other than the 2 bottles of wine tonight I'm sober as a bean. So here goes.

Unboxed the recently finished crowdfunded Morph Infiniconnect today. If you aren't clued up these are the most recent crowdfunding campaign of TWS that comes with a charging case that doubles as a control panel. You can easily switch between devices using the panel rather than your phone, laptop or tv (Writing that makes me feel like i've been reading too much marketing for this project).

Design
Part of me feels bad for the Morph team, this was all designed and thought out before the last year of non stop multi point connection devices were released. Also JBL have recently had an article written up about them being the first smart case designed tws, now had this crowdfunding campaign gone any longer they might have been. But the morph arrived late although not too late to claim #1.

That being said the JBL looks a lot more like the original conception of the Morph Inficonnect. Which leads me to the first thing you are going to hear every reviewer mention about them. The case is, well, you know the meme of Wardy Joubert? You know, the guy on the edge of the bed, naked, with pixels being the only things to hide his member......A lot....of pixels.

Well these are also a two handed job. Once you take the protective outer rubber layer off them the size is dramatically reduced and since you are going to hear about their size non stop in the coming months (Or even worse, you won't hear anything about Morph, nothing worse than irrelevance) I will leave it there.

Connection
The connection is simple, you prepare bluetooth connection from the case and then pair on your device. Swapping between two Android phones is so far seamless.

Features (kinda)
They have transparency and ANC, both of which comes with more than a slight noise before audio is played. My brain quickly adapted to this and before I knew it I thought the noise was simply a by product of a fan I was around, all of a sudden....no noise, turning them off and on again confirmed that I wasn't crazy and simply that the mind is a marvelous thing.

The presence of activity appears to remove the noise, but while in standby it's apparent. Another thing that surely would have been solved had this campaign started today and finished in 2024, however by then there would be a whole lot more things we would be expecting that I'm starting to think a crowdfunding campaign just isn't agile enough for.

I think ANC is on by default when buds are pulled from the case which I think is a psychotic decision. I am starting to think I am one of the few people who doesn't appreciate ANC, but I don't listen to ambient music when I'm out for a run nor do I like the silent sweeps of a James Blake track when I'm slamming weights at the gym and not putting them away afterwards. Default ANC Stopped me getting the very cool looking Earfun/Edifier Neobuds Pro.

Oh there is also in ear detection which I think is only good for turning music off when you pull a bud out, maybe there are more uses to it.

Comfort
Very comfortable, I ordered mine with ear hooks for sports which they didn't forget and for that I am very grateful (Grateful for a company not forgetting the thing you paid for? Welcome to the future of crowdfunding)

Very different from the original design which is a bit of a shame, i preferred the oval bone shaped design that was pitched than the round design we ended up with, but they look pretty decent once in.

SOUND QUALITY
The only thing that I think actually matters. And clearly if everyone is happy with that weird ass-looking L3P then it's the only thing you care about too. Be honest, those look about as cool as grandma in a backwards cap. Which is still kinda cool, but not as cool as grandma on a skateboard. I'm off topic.

I've recently been testing the Earfun Free Pro 2, then again with Oluv's presets and my Nuarls which are more or less regarded as neutral. So i've pretty much stuck myself with neutral buds despite a quest for big bassy boys, I'm starting to think the bass I've so far experienced is about as good as it gets. crap, i'm digressing again.

These are about as good as any of them. Low ends become more apparent at higher volumes and give you a bit of a shake. The mids are clear and powerful. The V shape description doesn't make sense to me, I wont get into it but to me it implies heavy bass, no mids and piercing highs. Who would make sound like that? Mids are the best bit, then bass then high's. So these are good. It isn't particularly messy in the few Goa tracks I ran them through, there is plenty of thump and although highs were occasionally piercing I hope after a little burn in that subsides.

Their isn't the worlds best separation but after ****ing around with bud after bud and eq presets and blah blah blah I currently appreciate a set of buds that are just as they are.

I don't have anything to compare them too really, they are better than my Fiil T1 and my crowdfunded Hyphens, there, happy?

And that's about it, got to use them a lot more over the next few weeks to get a real feel for their utility but so far happy I got em. Well done Morph, hope the animals on the crowdfunding campaign don't destroy what is left of your human spirit. Good luck out there

IMG20221104192834.jpg
IMG20221104231706.jpg

Nov 4, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #48,614 of 62,422
You’re reading my mind. And it’s not the first time, hehe.

Of course I trusted you, in more than one issue. And I don’t regret it at all. I miss him too.

I had mine replaced and I too was lucky with the replacement. It’s just that lately the right bud has been acting up with connectivity and playing music while in the case and sometimes not charging. That’s why, although I still like the sound and fit, which really ARE important, there’s not much else I like about them. Hence my desire for an upgrade.
I don't blame you for wanting to upgrade. There shouldn't exist the issues that persist with these. Don't get me wrong. I very much appreciate that CA kept trying to fix issues throughout, but in all honesty, there shouldn't have been all these issues before they released them to begin with.

For the amount of money they were asking for them (in the beginning), the QC should have been spot-on IMHO. It seems that more and more companies (nowadays) are skipping this step, or at least not doing it properly, to save money (or actually make more). I am of the opinion that an exorbitant amount of greed will (at some point) bite them in the "you know what"... :wink:

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #48,615 of 62,422
Darn ... was just switching back and forth between the Bose QCEB2 and the Airpods Max over ears ... and wow, the Bose beat those as well in SQ and ANC ... and they are so much more comfy ...
Curious how that will play out on next plane trip ...
On last trip I did not bring the Airpods Max because they are just so much heavier than the Bose QC35, my travel go-to over ears ...
Completely agree. The Bose render over ear noise cancelling cans of the consumer variety (i.e. Apple, Bose themselves and Sony) unnecessary. They are every bit as good at both SQ and ANC. I sold off my APM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back