Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 2, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #48,571 of 62,621
No anc? I gonna skip this
Yep. Deal breaker IMHO. ANC is basically a must have feature in any TWS at this point.

Twx9, noble, ex or if you are kinky the ha fw1000t
Got my TWX9 today for the princely sum of $215. What a wonderful world we live in where Amazon delivers a product at something like 40% of the USD equivalent in 3 days from Japan! These are stupid good for the price. Sound better than my Bose which I've been using almost exclusively after choosing them over the APP2. If I had to pick between the EX and these, the EX have the edge in SQ but the gap isn't huge. Something special in the tuning of the EX that goes beyond specs. That said, the AT are definitely the poor man's EX. I appreciate the balanced tuning and restraint when it comes to bass. The app and EQ is solid as well. I haven't put the ANC to the test yet so will see if they unseat the Bose.

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #48,572 of 62,621
Yep. Deal breaker IMHO. ANC is basically a must have feature in any TWS at this point.

Got my TWX9 today for the princely sum of $215. What a wonderful world we live in where Amazon delivers a product at something like 40% of the USD equivalent in 3 days from Japan! These are stupid good for the price. Sound better than my Bose which I've been using almost exclusively after choosing them over the APP2. If I had to pick between the EX and these, the EX have the edge in SQ but the gap isn't huge. Something special in the tuning of the EX that goes beyond specs. That said, the AT are definitely the poor man's EX. I appreciate the balanced tuning and restraint when it comes to bass. The app and EQ is solid as well. I haven't put the ANC to the test yet so will see if they unseat the Bose.
Well, the twx9 will be the same price if not more with the ex when they released it here though.

Nov 3, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #48,575 of 62,621
2C3E41EF-BE17-4B22-949B-B47D5A1EBDBD.jpeg

HA-Fw1000t still is my favorite choice in sq

Nov 3, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #48,577 of 62,621
2C3E41EF-BE17-4B22-949B-B47D5A1EBDBD.jpeg
HA-Fw1000t still is my favorite choice in sq
Is that the one that is also known as the Victor? What's the deal their? Is it still JVC when it is the Victor?

Nov 3, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #48,579 of 62,621
No anc? I gonna skip this
Yeah somehow I didn't actually notice that omission.
They seem to completely focus on sound quality though, and I'm completely fine with not having ANC if the sound quality is at the level of Fokus Pro and other more audiophile-oriented TWS earbuds, since they're a lot cheaper than the Fokus Pro's, for an example. But I wouldn't want them as my only earbuds.

Now I don't believe that they WILL be as good as the Fokus Pros however, but that's a different story. I don't think these are meant to be a competitor to the Sony XM4's, MTW3's, Bose QCII's of the world that tries to be all-rounders, these seem to be all about sound. If they've succeeded I have no idea, haven't seen any reviews or anything yet.

Nov 3, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #48,580 of 62,621
You just jinxed it, bud!
Probably ... I am terribly itching to get something new .. and I see I could get the TWX9 here for 162us$ top used quality ... but but but ... someone recently also said they are not good for running .. sooooo .. I have no real reason to get them ... was running wonderfully with my Bose QCEB2 today ...
Still looking at getting the APP2 in January, when I will be in N-America :D

Somewhat curious about those Japan only 'Ambie' clip ons ... might give them a listen when I have a chance

Amazon_co_jp__ambie_sound_earcuffs_AM-TW01_WHITE__Listen_without_blisting__Fully_Wireless__Up_...jpg

Nov 3, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #48,581 of 62,621
Probably ... I am terribly itching to get something new .. and I see I could get the TWX9 here for 162us$ top used quality ... but but but ... someone recently also said they are not good for running .. sooooo .. I have no real reason to get them ... was running wonderfully with my Bose QCEB2 today ...

Somewhat curious about those Japan only 'Ambie' clip ons ... might give them a listen when I have a chance

Amazon_co_jp__ambie_sound_earcuffs_AM-TW01_WHITE__Listen_without_blisting__Fully_Wireless__Up_...jpg
Where you can get the 169 tag for the used twx9? Please tell me

Nov 3, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #48,582 of 62,621

Now you understand when folks try to pin me down to answer which is best EX or TWX9, and I am wishy washy with my answer. IMO, the TWX9 improve in sq slightly with ANC. More than likely, it won't unseat Bose in ANC level, but the TWX9 is better than the EX in ANC.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #48,583 of 62,621

I still think that looks like a sex toy meant to be used in two... let's say "places", at the same time.

Nov 3, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #48,585 of 62,621
I bought the Melomania touch a while ago but find they lack a bit of bass , even when I use the built in app to EQ.
Lets say if I spend say £200 to £300 what would you guys recommend ?

I think for the use they get , like out and about I do like a good level of bass impact .

Been reading about the NOBLE Fokus Pro and the Sony XM4

I too have the MT but honestly I don’t find them lacking in bass. Your mileage does vary. I actually like their sound. But honestly I’m tired of their connection and charging (wonky sitting in case) quirks.

So, I too am searching for the next “sensibly priced” TWS. My main goals are better SQ, but this time around I’d also like better transparency, ANC and possibly Qi.

My current short list is: Free Byrd (230€), ATH-TWX9 (230€ but only in Japan), MTW3 (250€) and APP2 (299€).

I haven’t heard any of them, hence my ongoing indecision. The MTW3 are still on the list because I’m always curious about Sennheiser. The TWX9 are there because of others praise but they are not easily attainable. The APP2 are there because I’m in an Apple environment but they’re on the “too expensive” side. The Free Byrds may be the sweet spot but I’m very skeptical of buying without listening.

I hadn’t listened to the MT before getting them. I just trusted @miserybeforethemusic , @samandhi and others comments on them. They were right. But we want more... and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back