Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #48,301 of 62,815
After trying all the Azla TWS eartips on my Beoplay EX - I think my favourite tips on these are easily the Azla Max.

The stock eartips come in second, followed by Crystals and Xelastec. I think the super sticky/grippy tips make the buds a tad uncomfortable for me, whereas with the Max (and to a lesser degree, the stock tips) I can just leave the things in my ears until the battery dies without thinking too much about them. The fit's extremely secure for me anyway, got hit by a bike running the red light and both buds were still in my ears after I got knocked to the ground hahahaha

I know I could and should try the CP360s, but I'll enjoy this first before I try to get my hands on those!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #48,302 of 62,815
New toy
Sq is quite amazing without eq, vocal for female singer is good, bass is punchy and clean, instruments separation is there but a bit lacking in my opinion, the volume is really low as I have to crank up to 100% to hear or my buds are faulty?
Anc is kinda trash

Read the manual on how to adjust the device volume. The JVCs can go earsplittingly loud.
https://manual3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphones/contents/ha-fw1000t/en/BONDSYqspuntdu.php

Also, read this post on how ANC makes them sound more neutral and clearer:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-2968#post-16923205

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #48,303 of 62,815
Oct 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #48,304 of 62,815
I tried the volume one yesterday already and it still quite the same?
Also, what app are you using for eq?

Wait, the volume on yours doesn't increase if you triple-tap the left earpiece? Note that you have to do this repeatedly to push them to really high levels.

I just use the parametric EQ in Neutron Player. It's not a system-wide EQ, but since I mostly use Neutron for listening, it's sufficient for my needs.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #48,305 of 62,815
OK, maybe solved the charging issue on the L3P.

Using these on my walk and train ride and I am starting to warm up to these. The EQ is really good. They were a bit sibilant after my ID test which cranked up the treble regions due to hearing loss. Have not found a custom setting I like quite yet but will keep fiddling around.

I can see them maybe being to hot for younger ears or certain genres. But so far these are growing on me for Jazz and classic rock. Cymbals have a bit of brashness or metallic edge to them but are very vivid. This can be good or bad depending on if you like it or not or you find it distracting.

At $120 they are great bargain.

ANC is slightly behind the GB2P and Sony Linkbuds S but the wind reducer works pretty good and they are decent once music is playing. Note I have been unable to run the ANC detect thing as my environments are either to loud or to quiet for it to run. Will see if the ANC is any different when I can finally run that setting.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #48,306 of 62,815
Just tested the Galaxy Buds 2 ( not pro) and Final Ze3000. Had the Z7 last weekend here and I've been using the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 for a year.
The Z7 can't compete with all these buds at all. Bloated, muddy bass which drown the mids and let vocals appear super distand and quiet. The treble is also very very soft, you almost don't hear cymbal sounds. As I've heard great stuff about the Tevi (renamed to Z3), I am very disappointed.
I had the Prophile 8 Inear for quite a while and loved the UERM, Blessing 2 impressed me a lot too.. just for reference what I like.

Fit
Buds 2 >= Final Ze3000 > Buds pro. The latters gets quite umconfortable, even though there is no pressure build up with these. Buds 2 fits like a glove for me, Final ZE3000 is also very comfortable.

Soundstage size Final ZE3000 > Buds Pro > Buds 2. Final ZE3000 is by far the widest sounding, imagine is on par with Buds Pro. Buds 2 loses in both and can sound congested with busy tracks.

ZE3000 has a warm and safe tuning, it is really relaxing with nothing really standing out. It has more midbass than subbass, missing the rumble from the Samsungs. I kind of miss that, but a good clean midbass like the ZE3000 is very fun too.
I love the engaging tuning of the Buds 2, it sounds forward with a very pleasing tuning if it wasn't for the treble. I can get sibiliant.. which is a shame, I really like them otherwise. Going to do some tip rolling and if it doesn't get better I am going to send them back..., for now the ZE3000 impresses me the most. I am probably going to get my hands
on the Buds Pro 2 for the final battle. =)

Source: Realme GT Master, Ipad Mini6. Both with aac codec.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #48,307 of 62,815
Hi there,

@MisterMonsieur, it's funny, I just got the Final ZE3000 after reading a lot of reviews. I hope I will not be disappointed with their bass response (I love some extra oomph in my IEMs). It's my first set of TWS. I love wired but I thought I'd give these a try since I got them on the cheap.

I also wanted to try the Noble Audio FoKus Pro but they're nowherere to be found in Europe (minus the UK and Switzerland). They're already expensive so I don't wanna risk adding customs' fees on top.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #48,308 of 62,815
@DigDub @dweaver Any tip rolling recommendations for folks with the PBPs? I tried them again with the recent Amazon sale. Due to the stubby nozzle, stock tips still definitely don't work at all for me. I tried the CP1025 + CPA2 and it makes the PBPs useable (due to the CPA2 nozzle extension), but not perfect. CP360 don't work as they smash into the housing. Someone said CP500 work well, but I would think they'd have the same issue as the CP360s. Ideally the tips would have an inner nozzle longer than the outer tip.
I tried the tips from the Soundcore L3P and the did not fit at all. I wonder if Spinfit might have a longer tip option the 360CP I actually prefer shallow fit tips so am happy withe default tips. I have a bunch of Fiio tips at home, let me see if they will work. I will post back later tonight. I did find I could get the Sony Hybrid tips on my pair but they do have the potential to pop off so probably not a good option.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #48,309 of 62,815
I tried the tips from the Soundcore L3P and the did not fit at all. I wonder if Spinfit might have a longer tip option the 360CP I actually prefer shallow fit tips so am happy withe default tips. I have a bunch of Fiio tips at home, let me see if they will work. I will post back later tonight. I did find I could get the Sony Hybrid tips on my pair but they do have the potential to pop off so probably not a good option.

Awesome. Thanks, @dweaver ! Definitely would love to find a longer silicone tip that fits well in the case without needing the Spinfit adapter. Looking forward to your findings! Issue I had with the CP 360 was it sat too close to the housing body vs the CP1025 + CPA2.

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #48,310 of 62,815
Hi there,

@MisterMonsieur, it's funny, I just got the Final ZE3000 after reading a lot of reviews. I hope I will not be disappointed with their bass response (I love some extra oomph in my IEMs). It's my first set of TWS. I love wired but I thought I'd give these a try since I got them on the cheap.

I also wanted to try the Noble Audio FoKus Pro but they're nowherere to be found in Europe (minus the UK and Switzerland). They're already expensive so I don't wanna risk adding customs' fees on top.
I was on the fence with the Ze3000 since they are so bare bones and miss a lot of features of the competition. But I'm glad I gave them a try in the end.

Hmm depends which IEM's you are coming from. It definitely misses the oomph from the harman-curve tuned IEM's, but the bass a really good kick to it and nice definition.
I've had further listening to it. It is double the price of the Buds 2 right now, but it also sounds much more refined. I really can't find any faults... it might sound a little bit damped compared to my Galaxy Buds pro, but it works very well for the ZE3000 since the treble is very present yet remains inoffensive.
The build quality is superb, the material definitely feels like my Sony A7iii camera. :gs1000smile:

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #48,311 of 62,815
OK, maybe solved the charging issue on the L3P.

Using these on my walk and train ride and I am starting to warm up to these. The EQ is really good. They were a bit sibilant after my ID test which cranked up the treble regions due to hearing loss. Have not found a custom setting I like quite yet but will keep fiddling around.

I can see them maybe being to hot for younger ears or certain genres. But so far these are growing on me for Jazz and classic rock. Cymbals have a bit of brashness or metallic edge to them but are very vivid. This can be good or bad depending on if you like it or not or you find it distracting.

At $120 they are great bargain.

ANC is slightly behind the GB2P and Sony Linkbuds S but the wind reducer works pretty good and they are decent once music is playing. Note I have been unable to run the ANC detect thing as my environments are either to loud or to quiet for it to run. Will see if the ANC is any different when I can finally run that setting.
I had the exact same issue. I went into the custom setting of Hear ID and dialled down the treble several DB and now they sound close to my iems. Gotta hand it to the Anker app. really lets you change everything.

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #48,312 of 62,815
I've ended up using an old pair of RHA tips I had lying about to get a better seal. They just about fit in the case.

My only ongoing issue is that none of the wings stay on my ear, eventually hanging in free air - yet the seal from the tips stays good.

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #48,313 of 62,815
Add me to the fan club of the ATX-TWX9. Arrived yesterday from Amazon.jp. Wow! They sound incredible, with such clarity, balance, speed, precision, and a lovely soundstage. I haven't done a direct comparison with my other TWS's other than MW08 (see above), but when I do it will probably be no contest (I'm in the honeymoon phase, of course, so time will tell). The default EQ sounds great and I've created a couple of my own EQ settings also. I will say that if you're a total basshead or prefer a warm, comforting, smeary/imprecise sound, these may not be for you. So far, they sound good with anything I've played--Pink Floyd's The Wall was delicious!

As for features/controls, for the most part, I really like them. These are my first pair with Google fast-pairing (or Snapdragon or whatever it is) and it's cool to have them pair so instantly. I find them comfortable with the long-stems and they are secure in-ear. For the first time ever, may not do any tip-rolling. ANC is plenty solid for me, Ambient is good. Played some Asphault 9 with the low-latency mode and they were good. I've only played them with a Samsung phone, so only regular Apt-X so far. When I have time, I'll drag out the Creative BT-W4 adapter and see how they sound with Apt-X adaptive. Connection so far seems solid. I like the hybrid button/touch setup, although I wish the app gave you more options to customize them. Haven't tried them outdoors yet, so don't know about wind.

All of that said, despite one firmware update, things are still somewhat buggy. Some of the buttons stopped working for some or all functions. Re-pairing didn't entirely fix it. Long-pressing the left button to turn the earbud off, then long-pressing to turn back on, seems to have fixed it for now. Time will tell.
After further testing, I realize that the touch controls and most of the button commands do not work EVERY time I take them out of the case. Factory reset did not solve it. The work-around that always works is to turn both earphones off with a long-press of the mechanical buttons, then turn them on the same way. It is obviously a software/firmware issue since the buttons operate after the work-around.

Am I the only one having this issue with the TSX9?

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #48,314 of 62,815
After further testing, I realize that the touch controls and most of the button commands do not work EVERY time I take them out of the case. Factory reset did not solve it. The work-around that always works is to turn both earphones off with a long-press of the mechanical buttons, then turn them on the same way. It is obviously a software/firmware issue since the buttons operate after the work-around.

Am I the only one having this issue with the TSX9?
Did you try switching the controls around in settings? I recall my buttons not doing what I expected at very first, but now all is ok -- I don't remember how I got there though.

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #48,315 of 62,815
Wait, the volume on yours doesn't increase if you triple-tap the left earpiece? Note that you have to do this repeatedly to push them to really high levels.

I just use the parametric EQ in Neutron Player. It's not a system-wide EQ, but since I mostly use Neutron for listening, it's sufficient for my needs.
Yep, I cranked them to max, but I still need them to be like 80/100 to hear the full sound
Can you help me to eq with this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221018-145301696.jpg
    Screenshot_20221018-145301696.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back