Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 26, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #47,942 of 62,573
The FWD-02 IMO. Missing some feature, but I found them to be better than the other offerings by Adidas.

It’s not that I’m crazy about adidas buds but I might have the chance to get a pair through a connect.

Is the missing feature you mention ANC? I was trying to compare between these two. Not much info at adidas... Have you or anyone tried both? How do they compare sound wise?

Thanks again.

Attachments

• D740FA95-CDAD-4CBE-87F9-2AD2884036F3.jpeg
    D740FA95-CDAD-4CBE-87F9-2AD2884036F3.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 70A49AD7-FCDD-4E46-8F61-EC21DC00AD7D.jpeg
    70A49AD7-FCDD-4E46-8F61-EC21DC00AD7D.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 0
Sep 26, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #47,945 of 62,573
Got the APP2 a couple days ago and gave them all of Saturday and Sunday to decide if I was keeping them.

I didn’t feel like there were stark differences between the 1st gen and these.

I will say that they are the most comfortable I’ve tried and the transparency mode is the best I’ve heard on any wireless set. Works a treat with my iPhone and MacBook Air, seamless almost like magic multipoint transitioning is amazing! Top marks Apple.

However, there’s something about the sound, that while good, doesn’t get me excited about the music. Bit sterile.
Also, the noise cancelling, I keep hearing how good it is, was disappointing to say the least.

Returned them and went back to the xm4, which give music a warmth and sounds so much better than the APP2. Completely different level.

Also on another level is the ANC. Sony are the best for me, as well as their speak to chat and wind cutting feature, very handy and couldn’t live without them. I do miss the APP2 transparency and comfort though but can live without that until APP3 or xm5 in ears.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #47,946 of 62,573
It’s not that I’m crazy about adidas buds but I might have the chance to get a pair through a connect.

Is the missing feature you mention ANC? I was trying to compare between these two. Not much info at adidas... Have you or anyone tried both? How do they compare sound wise?

Thanks again.
It's been a while, so I can't really say too much about sound. I did like the FWD-02 better. I returned the ZNE, but have the FWD here. They don't have ANC, no volume controls and no wireless charging. The ZNE has wireless charging. I had bt issues with the ZNE but not the FWD. I preferred the fit of the buds and the case of the FWD. It has a strange cloth removable lid, but it's very thin and fits in your pocket great. The buds are made by Zound Industries who also make the Marshall TWS buds. Their tuning sounds great to me. If you can get them cheap, not a bad deal at all. I got mine for under 100 USD.

Sep 26, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #47,947 of 62,573
Hi. I'm planning to buy Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3 or Sony WF-1000XM4. In terms of sound quality, what wired IEM are they comparable to?

I have both of those buds. I can't really compare them to a wired pair but I can say that between the two I feel the Sennheiser have a superior sound that requires no EQ. The XM4 do sound great with some EQ tweaks and I really have fun with those too especially when I want a little bump in bass.

The sennheisers have a much better interface be at the touch controls which are all customizable. To get in and out of ambient mode and noise canceling is superior. If you don't use those a lot then about an issue.

For phone calls indoors I find them both very very good but outdoors when you start getting more noise the XM4 are slightly better.

Also the sennheiser's are much smaller buds, but the XM4 battery life is definitely better

Sep 26, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #47,952 of 62,573
I would **greatly** appreciate it if anyone who is a Mac user and also got, or is getting, the Audio Technica ATH-TWX9 can advise how well these work on macOS specifically; especially pertaining to solidity of BT connection and any latency/audio lag issues when watching video. I'm a somewhat weird case in that I'll pretty much never use TWS with my iPhone, but am wanting wireless for use with my Macbook pro.

Sep 26, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #47,954 of 62,573
The way he said N400's and buds+ upper-mids are higher than preference, and theses have lower. I'm sold. I just ordered. The past Samsung/AKG TWS had higher upper-mids than I prefer, and I hope these are at a comfortable level. Man I hope it's not hot at 3k. Looks like it maybe hot.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #47,955 of 62,573
The way he said N400's and buds+ upper-mids are higher than preference, and theses have lower. I'm sold. I just ordered. The past Samsung/AKG TWS had higher upper-mids than I prefer, and I hope these are at a comfortable level.

I have the n400 and buds+ too. I agree the treble sounds too hot on them. The buds2 pro tame the highs very well and adds lots of details retrieval in the mids.

If you are using a Samsung phone which supports the seamless codec, the 24 bit sound brings even more refinement to the sound. Switching between seamless codec and AAC in developer options, AAC sounds congested when the music gets busy, whille seamless codec separates the sound nicely and has a more "uncompressed" sound, the soundstage gets "taller" and "wider". So the seamless codec not only benefits high quality music formats, it also has a better transmission chain which benefits lossy compressed files sound quality as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back