Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 22, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #47,881 of 62,436
I have really good experience with my Sony Linkbuds S for sound and call quality. They sound much more balanced than my WF-1000XM3 and definitely have much better call quality. All reviews I listened to also showed they beat the XM4 for call quality as well.

They are still my most used TWS I own.
Ditto. Comfy, great performing for calls and audio. Curious about Audio Technica ATH-TWX9 but I love my Linkbuds S.

Sep 22, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #47,882 of 62,436
Not sure they're meant as sports buds. Are they? I could be wrong. They'll probably release a new version of their sports buds soon. Bose tips are never great for impact.
I disagree, I love the Stay Hear tips, I just had a run with my old old Soundsport Free and because of that kind of semi in ear fit, there is hardly any thud .. same for the QC1 ... funny enough, I tried the sport buds a few months back and did not like their fit which I think was to be blamed on different weight distribution since they are smaller that the QC1 ... ... now, the QC2 are a whole new animal ...

Sep 23, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #47,883 of 62,436
secondpity via eBay has Sony WF-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Wireless Earbuds (Refurbished) for $101.15 after you apply promo code SAVE15REFURB at checkout. Shipping is free.

Legit seller. I've bought tons of stuff from them in the past with no issues. They also include a 2-year warranty serviced by Allstate for the extra peace of mind. White/ Silver ones are the same price as well.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #47,884 of 62,436
secondpity via eBay has Sony WF-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Wireless Earbuds (Refurbished) for $101.15 after you apply promo code SAVE15REFURB at checkout. Shipping is free.

Legit seller. I've bought tons of stuff from them in the past with no issues. They also include a 2-year warranty serviced by Allstate for the extra peace of mind. White/ Silver ones are the same price as well.
Can vote for this as I bought the xm5 from them

Sep 23, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #47,885 of 62,436
Grabbed the APP2 this morning, so far they sound good and I'd say more than an incremental improvement over the APP. The bass impact is much better than on the APP1 which really lifts them up quite a bit. ANC is better than 1, little worse than XM4 but perfectly fine for office use!

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #47,886 of 62,436
Picked up APP 2nd gen when the shop opened.
It's amazing, simple as that.
The most complete TWS out there, by a mile (if you use an iPhone/Apple TV/Macbook Pro as I do).
Keywords:
Great ANC, better sound (especially bass compared to 1st gen), Mic/phone calls, comfort, no noise with chewing etc, better battery (on paper, haven't tested yet) and I love Spatial audio! And now with volume controls on the buds!
9,5 out of 10. (not 10 because they still look stupid :) )

I'm selling my 1st gen, and MTW3...

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #47,887 of 62,436

Thanks for the tip. Might be a good time to check them out at last !
Do they only come with "comply type" foams ? Are they more durable ? Must say I've never been a fan as they degrade quickly and don't enjoy having to "shape them" before using them.

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #47,888 of 62,436
Thanks for the tip. Might be a good time to check them out at last !
Do they only come with "comply type" foams ? Are they more durable ? Must say I've never been a fan as they degrade quickly and don't enjoy having to "shape them" before using them.
I bought them from there, at this same price, about 6 weeks ago. They look totally new. My brother also bought some after I told him, he had the same experience. No box, everything comes in a zip lock, minus the box everything is included. The Sony tips are horrible. I would recommend the Final TWS or the Spinfit. The SQ will be greatly improved, IMO, once you ditch the Sony tips.

Honestly, I never use EQ except on this Sony along with the silicone final. That said, I experimented and found these settings check my box.
Screenshot_20220923_073212_Headphones.jpg

https://audio46.com/products/final-audio-true-wireless-silicon-type-e-eartips

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #47,889 of 62,436
Grabbed the APP2 this morning, so far they sound good and I'd say more than an incremental improvement over the APP. The bass impact is much better than on the APP1 which really lifts them up quite a bit. ANC is better than 1, little worse than XM4 but perfectly fine for office use!

Some initial sound comparison to XM4 would be more than welcome :)

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #47,890 of 62,436
The most complete TWS out there, by a mile (if you use an iPhone/Apple TV/Macbook Pro as I do).
Keywords:
Great ANC, better sound (especially bass compared to 1st gen), Mic/phone calls, comfort, no noise with chewing etc, better battery (on paper, haven't tested yet) and I love Spatial audio! And now with volume controls on the buds!

https://www.theverge.com/23365910/apple-airpods-pro-second-generation-review

They said “If you do intend to use the AirPods Pro with Android, be aware there’s currently a significant bug where playback cuts out after 20 seconds or so.”

Anyone tried the APP2 on Android?

Also, if anyone has the QC2 and APP2 can they compare voice call quality, sound, fit and ANC please?

Sep 23, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #47,891 of 62,436
Keywords:

Gonna get mines today. This is promising. I still think it will be neck and neck with the Bose. Fit may be the deciding factor for me. I remember the APP being fussy particularly when sweat was introduced.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #47,892 of 62,436
I disagree, I love the Stay Hear tips, I just had a run with my old old Soundsport Free and because of that kind of semi in ear fit, there is hardly any thud .. same for the QC1 ... funny enough, I tried the sport buds a few months back and did not like their fit which I think was to be blamed on different weight distribution since they are smaller that the QC1 ... ... now, the QC2 are a whole new animal ...

Might need to try the QC1 again then...it seems you don't use them for running anymore, did they come into harm's way ?

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #47,893 of 62,436
I wish there was a TWS with both great sound quality AND good call quality. I have not tried many tws, but it seems to me from reading reviews that you can't get both worlds. Ex is way too expensive for my wallet, but that seems to be the only option if you want close to both worlds? Nothing cheaper than $400?

I am still switching between my cambridge audio melomania touch for music and wired IEMs for phone calls. Not very convenient, but it works for now. I'm still in search of tws that does both very well without spending insane money.
It's unbelievable that this goal is not commonly achieved. I bet many of us mentally organize our tws' in two buckets -- the ones that make great ohone calls and the ones that sound great.

Samsung and jabra, in general, pull off a good balance between sound quality and call quality

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #47,894 of 62,436
You're lucky. Those stay hear tips killed my ears. Never fit right. The new ones with the QCII are just perfect for me. Using them right now!

I did have a bug last night where they didn't sync properly after taking them out of the case. Sound was awful and I suddenly had that ANC feedback when adjusting them in my ears folks mentioned. Popped them on and out of the case and the problem resolved. 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back