Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 22, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #47,851 of 62,546
I wish there was a TWS with both great sound quality AND good call quality. I have not tried many tws, but it seems to me from reading reviews that you can't get both worlds. Ex is way too expensive for my wallet, but that seems to be the only option if you want close to both worlds? Nothing cheaper than $400?

I am still switching between my cambridge audio melomania touch for music and wired IEMs for phone calls. Not very convenient, but it works for now. I'm still in search of tws that does both very well without spending insane money.

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #47,852 of 62,546
So I tried running with the QCII and it was a complete disaster, same wind problems as described above and a horrible "runner's thud", one of the worst ever !

Sep 22, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #47,854 of 62,546
I wish there was a TWS with both great sound quality AND good call quality. I have not tried many tws, but it seems to me from reading reviews that you can't get both worlds. Ex is way too expensive for my wallet, but that seems to be the only option if you want close to both worlds? Nothing cheaper than $400?

I am still switching between my cambridge audio melomania touch for music and wired IEMs for phone calls. Not very convenient, but it works for now. I'm still in search of tws that does both very well without spending insane money.
Have you considered full size wireless cans? They tend to perform better for phone calls. Surprised a wired IEM is giving you good call quality but maybe the microphone is good.

Sep 22, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #47,855 of 62,546
Have you considered full size wireless cans? They tend to perform better for phone calls. Surprised a wired IEM is giving you good call quality but maybe the microphone is good.
Wireless cans are too bulky imo and doesn't have the convenience of tws. I also use tws a lot in bed, which wireless cans probably not work well for. I just don't like the idea of switching back and forth depending on the day and what I need that hour.

Convenience is pretty much the reason why I entered the tws game last year. I would hate to give it up now! :beerchug:

Sep 22, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #47,856 of 62,546

There are a number of TWS sets with good to excellent call quality, and most if not all of them have stems. If that's OK with you, for the best sound quality in the < $200 range, try the Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2 or Oppo Enco X2. I can only speak for the former, but it has excellent call quality and sound quality.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #47,857 of 62,546
Got the QCII. Anybody notices a hiss when not playing music? Also tried to connect to Bose Music app multiple times (un-install, re-install, unpair, repair, ....) on my LG V50, but still not succeed yet. Any special tricks or just pure luck?
All that said, ANC is unbelievable!

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #47,858 of 62,546
I've read here that the XM4s can actually have ANC on and not pick up much/any wind noise, does it really work ? There was a setting like that on the XM3s (you had to lower ANC I think) but it wasn't very convincing.

Yeah, it has an anti-wind feature and works really well in most conditions. The XM3 are awful for wind noise.

Sep 22, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #47,859 of 62,546
Got the QCII. Anybody notices a hiss when not playing music? Also tried to connect to Bose Music app multiple times (un-install, re-install, unpair, repair, ....) on my LG V50, but still not succeed yet. Any special tricks or just pure luck?
A slight hiss is pretty normal for that level of ANC. Mine is more of a noise floor.

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #47,860 of 62,546
Yes there is too much white noise, disappointing. Sending them back because of this.

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #47,861 of 62,546
Reviews on the APP2 are rolling in. As expected and in a very apple like way, an incremental improvement. Would it ever kill Apple to just knock it out of the park someday? Everything is a refinement and never an innovation. 3 years later, we get a slightly improved APP. Sigh.

Based on the reviews, it appears the Bose will sound better and have better ANC. APP will have better call quality. The APP will of course have the fun apple tricks. I guess we will see how it goes. My original APP had all sorts of issues and Apple denied me a replacement out of warranty. Still, I'm dumb enough to buy them and see.
I felt pretty knocked out of the park when the first APP came out. While the sound was safe, down the middle, mainstream, the ANC from this kind of ‘weird’ fit was killer.

That being said, with the APP2 apple had made the decision for me

Bose2 official price 299$ - here 32700¥ (229$)
APP2 official price 249$ - here 39800¥ (280$)

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #47,862 of 62,546
I felt pretty knocked out of the park when the first APP came out. While the sound was safe, down the middle, mainstream, the ANC from this kind of ‘weird’ fit was killer.

That being said, with the APP2 apple had made the decision for me

Bose2 official price 299$ - here 32700¥ (229$)
APP2 official price 249$ - here 39800¥ (280$)
Yeah at those prices no brainer.

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #47,863 of 62,546
Yeah, it has an anti-wind feature and works really well in most conditions. The XM3 are awful for wind noise.
Thanks, sounds like I need to give them a try then. Hopefully someone can comment on ANC on the QCII (best ever to my ears) vs the XM4.

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #47,865 of 62,546
A slight hiss is pretty normal for that level of ANC. Mine is more of a noise floor.
Yeah it's there but acceptable to my ears too, comes with ANC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back