Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 10, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #47,131 of 63,207
Aug 10, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #47,132 of 63,207
Aug 10, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #47,133 of 63,207
Aug 10, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #47,134 of 63,207
Hmm, the design of the new Galaxy Buds reminds me of the excellent LinkBuds S, might buy them in the future when they (and my devices) supports LE-audio. Not too appeling atm since I don't have a Samsung device.

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #47,135 of 63,207
Hmm, the design of the new Galaxy Buds reminds me of the excellent LinkBuds S, might buy them in the future when they (and my devices) supports LE-audio. Not too appeling atm since I don't have a Samsung device.
Agreed; it's too bad they decided to lock all their real game-changers away behind their brand name. Still looking at the lg dolby atmos buds....preliminary reviews are promising.

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #47,136 of 63,207
Agreed; it's too bad they decided to lock all their real game-changers away behind their brand name. Still looking at the lg dolby atmos buds....preliminary reviews are promising.
Such a nice package, perfect size, hobbled by missing multipoint. Sigh....

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #47,137 of 63,207
Well my Jabra 65 have finally given up the ghost (RIP, you were a faithful Teams servant) so I’ve “relegated” my Jabra 75t’s to my multiple teams calls daily life which has left me with just my M&D MW07 for audio. Whilst I’ve enjoyed the fit better since finding the Sedna max tips I’m still hankering after a new set (and a nice tax rebate has only added to that).

Current choices;

1) B&O EX. I have H95i, Beolit 20 and beoplay A2 and love their sound, quality and ease of use.
2) MTW3; never had a sennheiser product before but you guys seem to like them
3) AirPods Pro; now this is a little left of field but bear with. People on here have raved about their ease of use (I’m tied into the Apple ecosystem including ”hi-res” Apple Music subscription), their fit (important, I struggle to get a good fit) and, don’t shoot the messenger, their sound. Am I stupid to consider these? I keep coming back to them and thinking they might just tick a lot of boxes…

What’s the collective view? Anything obvious I’m missing?

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #47,138 of 63,207
Well my Jabra 65 have finally given up the ghost (RIP, you were a faithful Teams servant) so I’ve “relegated” my Jabra 75t’s to my multiple teams calls daily life which has left me with just my M&D MW07 for audio. Whilst I’ve enjoyed the fit better since finding the Sedna max tips I’m still hankering after a new set (and a nice tax rebate has only added to that).

Current choices;

1) B&O EX. I have H95i, Beolit 20 and beoplay A2 and love their sound, quality and ease of use.
3) AirPods Pro; now this is a little left of field but bear with. People on here have raved about their ease of use (I’m tied into the Apple ecosystem including ”hi-res” Apple Music subscription), their fit (important, I struggle to get a good fit) and, don’t shoot the messenger, their sound. Am I stupid to consider these? I keep coming back to them and thinking they might just tick a lot of boxes…

Are the Linkbuds S on your radar? I'm. Very happy with mine, they'll also get an upgrade for LE audio in the future.

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #47,140 of 63,207
Honestly no as I want something more “normal” and I really struggle with fit. I think I’m likely to struggle with these (based on my “research”) but thanks for the tip (no pun intended)
Oh I see, well everyones ears are different, personally the Linkbuds S are the most comfy tws I've tried so far.

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #47,141 of 63,207

Current choices;

If you're considering the airpods pro, maybe you should wait a little bit with your purchase.
The original airpods pros came out a long time ago(2019 if I'm not mistaken) and rumors are that a new model is due to come out sometime this year.

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #47,142 of 63,207
If you're considering the airpods pro, maybe you should wait a little bit with your purchase.
The original airpods pros came out a long time ago(2019 if I'm not mistaken) and rumors are that a new model is due to come out sometime this year.
Hmmm what is this “waiting” you speak of? Is it similar to patience? 😉

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #47,143 of 63,207
I've tried many TWS headphones. Always looking for loudness, good sound quality and impactful BASS.

My daily TWS are JVC HA-XC90T (with Aptx) and Sony WF-XB700 (No Aptx, but that price is right) Both are Bass head earphones and sound great. :astonished:

Recently, I got the MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 for $85 (after discounts and points).

I was skeptical, but wow these have boom, sound great, has usable ANC that works, plus transparency mode and an application with EQs and useful features.

The MTW3 Firmware updates could be faster (20 minutes? Wut), but oh well. it's a well rounded TWS.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #47,144 of 63,207
BTW the BlitzWolf® BW-FYE9 TWS is loud and the MOST impactful Bass I ever heard. It Has 14.2mm drivers and APTx.

1660167250529.png

https://usa.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-...ency-Gaming-Headphone-with-Mic-p-1736012.html

One tiny problem : to get maximum bass thump and proper seal out of them you need to get the AhaStyle AirPod Ear Tips Silicone Earbuds Covers. But it works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V296RYV

1660167125043.png

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #47,145 of 63,207

Current choices;

FWIW - I’m using the AirPods 3 a lot right now. It has all of the H1 chip goodies and the musical SQ has grown exponentially. Half ears, so I use my MTW 3s when I need ANC. I’m looking forward to seeing what Apple has in store with the APP 2, and maybe they’ll give them the same musicality as their new half ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back