Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 6, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #46,501 of 62,437
Looks like it's not just Amazon, but all large online retailers; Target, Best Buy.. etc..
The article also said in some cases, if you don't like the product, just keep it, and they'll refund your money..
Now this sounds completely non sustainable, but who knows. Maybe there's hundreds of free headphones in our future.. There is a Santa... 😃
Not sure about Amazon themselves but many of the third-party brands were willing to give full refunds in exchange for 5-star reviews so I'm not surprised! Amazon did crack down on many of these brands which now typically sell on their own sites but I'd suspect some of those still remaining on Amazon do it but more stealthily.

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #46,502 of 62,437
Tried the B&O EX with comply tips (L). As expected, the standard EQ setting doesn't sound very good with them...bassy, no real bass extension and very subdued highs. Things get better when switching to the "Comply Tips" EQ preset in the app, though.

So, people who use or have used the EX with comply or foam tips, what EQ setting do you use?

Jul 6, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #46,503 of 62,437
Have recently received a pair of Linkbud s after some of The recent positive feedback on here on them.
Initial reaction is oh my god they are so much comfier, but compared to my xm4s they definitely don’t sound as rich throughout the spectrum.

Has anyone any recommended Eq settings or tips? Have stuck a pair of crystal tips on and sounds fairly similar to the stock tips for me.
Core listening is probably electronic and rap, and a little bit of everything else.

They’re perfect for my trip to the gym and can already feel the benefit on my ears compared to xm4, but would be great if I could eek out a touch more audio quality

Jul 6, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #46,504 of 62,437
So basically just lie about returning the product returning then get a refund? Most of them will turn up in the special dumpsters anyway lol like those money grubbers want the buyers to have free stuffs
They actually sell pallets of random returned stuff to companies for cents on the dollar. There's a store near me that gets shipments in once a week, rolls them into a empty store, and the line of 100s of people who have been waiting since the night before in some cases, descends like sharks to a feeding frenzy. I've only been there a few days after the "drop" and people are still picking over the junk.

Jul 6, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #46,505 of 62,437
Have recently received a pair of Linkbud s after some of The recent positive feedback on here on them.
Initial reaction is oh my god they are so much comfier, but compared to my xm4s they definitely don’t sound as rich throughout the spectrum.

Has anyone any recommended Eq settings or tips? Have stuck a pair of crystal tips on and sounds fairly similar to the stock tips for me.
Core listening is probably electronic and rap, and a little bit of everything else.

They’re perfect for my trip to the gym and can already feel the benefit on my ears compared to xm4, but would be great if I could eek out a touch more audio quality

Sorry I can't help in that regard as I have not owned the XM4. I can see anyone who has owned that model struggling with the Linkbuds S though unless you didn't like the XM4 signature. But if you like that signature or have gotten used to it. The S is going to be a big adjustment. Hopefully someone can recommend the EQ they found works best for you. I would think you will need to boost the bass, lower the upper midrange a smidge, and lower the treble a bit to get a darker signature.

I recommend if you can to just use the Linkbuds S for a day or 2. This will give your brain and ears a chance to get used to the different signature. If you want to switch back and forth to give your ears a break from the size of XM4 you might want to tweak both IEM's EQ to find a middle ground signature wise.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #46,506 of 62,437
They actually sell pallets of random returned stuff to companies for cents on the dollar. There's a store near me that gets shipments in once a week, rolls them into a empty store, and the line of 100s of people who have been waiting since the night before in some cases, descends like sharks to a feeding frenzy. I've only been there a few days after the "drop" and people are still picking over the junk.
I think overstock and woot does something similar except they still charge good amount of money so not exactly the same. I wish there was a website that was like that store you mentioned charging lol. I would never stand hours in a line.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #46,507 of 62,437
So I guess Amazon doesn't go through a cleaning process to re-sell all returned products? I always thought they did.
I really wonder what the process is sometimes, I have received items (backpack) that was described as 'Used - Acceptable' and the description said something about a major damage somewhere .. which I was not able to find

It appears with IEMs / TWS the rule is now to resell them without eartips, which is a bummer and probably a cost consideration when some buds come with their own 'special' tips ... take this nugget of a 'Used - Good' description ... makes me really rather take the new item ... Amazon Warehouse used to be fun, I found the very first Sony 1000X there for less than 10€ ... or some overears that used to be 400€ for 95€ ... these days the 'savings' is so little, then I rather get new (and return :D )

A7AD99BF-4C6A-4E97-99E8-2B5F7572631E.JPEG

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #46,508 of 62,437
I really wonder what the process is sometimes, I have received items (backpack) that was described as 'Used - Acceptable' and the description said something about a major damage somewhere .. which I was not able to find

It appears with IEMs / TWS the rule is now to resell them without eartips, which is a bummer and probably a cost consideration when some buds come with their own 'special' tips ... take this nugget of a 'Used - Good' description ... makes me really rather take the new item ... Amazon Warehouse used to be fun, I found the very first Sony 1000X there for less than 10€ ... or some overears that used to be 400€ for 95€ ... these days the 'savings' is so little, then I rather get new (and return :D )

A7AD99BF-4C6A-4E97-99E8-2B5F7572631E.JPEG
I’ve gotten pretty good deals on Amazon US but the descriptions aren’t entirely accurate. Oftentimes in one’s favor, where you cannot even see marks, but last two times there were no extra eartips because the returner must have kept them, but description didn’t say they were missing.

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #46,509 of 62,437
I’ve gotten pretty good deals on Amazon US but the descriptions aren’t entirely accurate. Oftentimes in one’s favor, where you cannot even see marks, but last two times there were no extra eartips because the returner must have kept them, but description didn’t say they were missing.
I had that with my very first amazon warehouse experience back in 2018, the Gear Icon X .. came without tips .. and somehow the menu voice was in French :D was also my first warehouse return ...
Which reminds me .. no one even bothered to put memory & a player into TWS ... that used to be a thing some had ...

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #46,510 of 62,437
Damn, I need to find those places cause there might be good things hidden inside

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #46,511 of 62,437
I tried the B&O EX today for the first time on my lunch break, went into a Hi-Fi shop here where I live.
I really liked them, they impressed me on my first listen unlike the MTW3's that I felt were unremarkable to me on a similar short listen.

However I don't think they're $400-remarkable, I went back to my Galaxy Buds Pro's right after and didn't necessarily even think they sounded worse in comparison, on the contrary I think they sounded better in some regards, and I paid $50 for mine, so for me they're a... I would want them, and if money wasn't an issue for me I'd get them, easy. I actually like their EQ wheel-thingie, even though I'd prefer a full 10+ band EQ I think this is way more intuitive and changes the sound more to your preference than just a 3-band EQ like Sennheiser has for an example.
Honestly I do really like the Samsung pros. They really did a good job with those.

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #46,512 of 62,437
Honestly I do really like the Samsung pros. They really did a good job with those.
If only they would stay in better.....

Jul 7, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #46,513 of 62,437
What about these? The new Beyerdynamic Free BYRD, their first TWS:

https://www.beyerdynamic.de/free-by...utm_campaign=freebyrd_launch&utm_content=juli

Available now. Seem a bit big but have quite a bit going for them as well, very good battery (11h) life as well as sound personalization, BT 5.2, aptX adaptive, wireless chargin, allegedly great call quality e.g. ANC and transparency mode on deck of course. No multipoint and no customizable touch controls + only IPX4, though.

Here's an unboxing video:

Price seems relatively reasonable as well (229€). Anybody willing to try them? :D

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #46,514 of 62,437
Well after buying a pair of M&D MW07 in the sale a while ago and never getting a good fit on them I gave them up as a bad job.

Fast forward a year, I dug them out and did a little DIY on some old tips and came up with a fix to allow more tip choice and have finally found a pair of tips that allow a good seal and stay in place. With Apple Music lossless that they are astounding. Really full sound and comfortable to boot.

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #46,515 of 62,437
Well after buying a pair of M&D MW07 in the sale a while ago and never getting a good fit on them I gave them up as a bad job.

Fast forward a year, I dug them out and did a little DIY on some old tips and came up with a fix to allow more tip choice and have finally found a pair of tips that allow a good seal and stay in place. With Apple Music lossless that they are astounding. Really full sound and comfortable to boot.
Yep, it's all about that perfect seal with TWS (and regular In ears), isn't it? Even the best ones sound rubbish without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back