Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 1, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #46,441 of 62,437
Forgot about that potential on the Linkbuds S will report if I have that issue.
If it helps, I have a pixel 6 pro 😊 I hope it doesn't for you, it was a great little earbud otherwise (although it didn't stay in as well as the mtw3 does when masks are involved).

Jul 1, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #46,442 of 62,437
what is the, er, link between the Linkbuds S and the "original" Linkbuds? When I saw they were doing an IEM under that name, I figured it must have some kind of hole in the design to let more sound through than your average TWS... but it's just another TWS IEM with an ambient mic mode?

Jul 1, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #46,443 of 62,437
what is the, er, link between the Linkbuds S and the "original" Linkbuds? When I saw they were doing an IEM under that name, I figured it must have some kind of hole in the design to let more sound through than your average TWS... but it's just another TWS IEM with an ambient mic mode?
I think they're both meant to be earbuds you can use in daily life? They both have excellent ambient one way or another.....

Jul 1, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #46,445 of 62,437
Isn't it closer in execution to the XM4 than the Linkbuds?

Maybe "Linkbuds" is their TWS branding going forward, instead of some random string of letters and numbers.
Unless they rebrand their cheaper models as well I kinda doubt it, but I suppose we shall see 😊

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #46,446 of 62,437
Does anyone have any experience with redmi buds?

I see the redmi buds pro 4 are out and have good features for £50.

Unsure of the redmi sound signature / quality though.

Jul 2, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #46,447 of 62,437
Beoplay EX diary, part whatever...

I've just spent 2 hours walking outside with the EX in hot summer weather. It was windy nonetheless, so perfect weather to test the call quality. The quality was great, both I could clearly understand my counterpart and vice versa it was the same thing. The EX are probably the best TWS besides Airpods perhaps, which I have tested so far in that regard.

ANC was still just okay, but the music was loud enough to block out everything else anyway. I also used the transparency mode to have a longer conversation outside and it worked surprisingly well, especially since I thought (and still think) that the mode is rather weak and might maybe need a bit more amplification. It worked really neatly, though.

The sound quality was absolutely excellent and the volume is more than adequate as well. I never went higher than 75% and that was almost uncomfortably loud then. Absolutely nothing to complain with regard to volume.

The EX were comfortable and stable in the ear all the time. I had one short connection dropout in the right ear, otherwise the connection was stable all the time. Due to the hot weather I also sweated a bit, so it's really good to have that IP57 certification :D

Impact noise while walking was not a problem and wind noise was also not noticeable or annoying in ANC mode (adaptive).

Despite the many small criticisms I've mentioned about the EX so far, it was a very nice experience today! The sound in particular really was a blast.

Jul 2, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #46,448 of 62,437

I've just spent 2 hours walking outside with the EX in hot summer weather. It was windy nonetheless, so perfect weather to test the call quality. The quality was great, both I could clearly understand my counterpart and vice versa it was the same thing. The EX are probably the best TWS besides Airpods perhaps, which I have tested so far in that regard.

ANC was still just okay, but the music was loud enough to block out everything else anyway. I also used the transparency mode to have a longer conversation outside and it worked surprisingly well, especially since I thought (and still think) that the mode is rather weak and might maybe need a bit more amplification. It worked really neatly, though.

The sound quality was absolutely excellent and the volume is more than adequate as well. I never went higher than 75% and that was almost uncomfortably loud then. Absolutely nothing to complain with regard to volume.

The EX were comfortable and stable in the ear all the time. I had one short connection dropout in the right ear, otherwise the connection was stable all the time. Due to the hot weather I also sweated a bit, so it's really good to have that IP57 certification :D

Impact noise while walking was not a problem and wind noise was also not noticeable or annoying in ANC mode (adaptive).

Despite the many small criticisms I've mentioned about the EX so far, it was a very nice experience today! The sound in particular really was a blast.
It is the best TW I have heard from a sound quality standpoint, obviously subjective. Call quality is excellent, everyone always says I am crystal clear. The EX has it's niggles, yes even at its price point. I have not had a TW that didn't have its annoyances. The ANC is okay, but between ANC and music it blocks well! Biggest downside, price tag.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #46,449 of 62,437
It is the best TW I have heard from a sound quality standpoint, obviously subjective. Call quality is excellent, everyone always says I am crystal clear. The EX has it's niggles, yes even at its price point. I have not had a TW that didn't have its annoyances. The ANC is okay, but between ANC and music it blocks well! Biggest downside, price tag.
Seems like, yeah.

They seem to have more audio leakage, though, at least according to the wife. She says that she cannot hear my music when I listen with the MTW3 and said the EX (admittedly with fairly loud music) sounded like "party mode" next to her. Cannot verify of course but I was surprised by that.

Jul 2, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #46,450 of 62,437
Seems like, yeah.

They seem to have more audio leakage, though, at least according to the wife. She says that she cannot hear my music when I listen with the MTW3 and said the EX (admittedly with fairly loud music) sounded like "party mode" next to her. Cannot verify of course but I was surprised by that.
The same happened in bed with my wife. Using Comply, no, silicone, yes.

Jul 2, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #46,451 of 62,437
The same happened in bed with my wife. Using Comply, no, silicone, yes.
It was with silicone tips here. Haven't used comply much yet as I had to order size L and they haven't arrived yet :)

Do you use them more with silicone or with foam tips?

Jul 2, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #46,452 of 62,437
It was with silicone tips here. Haven't used comply much yet as I had to order size L and they haven't arrived yet :)

Do you use them more with silicone or with foam tips?
I have never liked Comply, but this is the first. I A/B'ed and I like both almost equally, there may be a touch more fullness to the sound with Comply. I say my wife said no with Comply, but it is the fact she has only mentioned it with silicone, I have never asked her with Comply. Since receiving the L Comply tips, I would say my use is 50/50. You will need to force them down in the charger deeper. I like both.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #46,453 of 62,437
Has anybody tried both the 1more Evos and the Linkbuds S? Would love some comparisons, especially for sound.

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #46,454 of 62,437

Agreed here. ANC and Transparency mode are not very good compared to the EX or many others, but that sound... They nailed it. Comfort too. These are in front of me on my desk 24/7!

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #46,455 of 62,437
I'll restate that with the Boom EQ I downloaded, My TWS can sound pretty much how I want. It can do 8 or 16 band adjustment, and then save, for example, as BOSE rock, PI7 classical, TWM2 rock ..etc..
You also can launch your music directly from the app.
$10 for a yearly subscription....
Lol I'm not affiliated with them at all, just want to share some info..
Well worth it me thinks.. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back