Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 2, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #46,456 of 62,091
Is this Boom EQ for Android or IOS? I am an Android guy and can't seem to find it?

Jul 3, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #46,460 of 62,091
Which tips are you using with the EX?
After tip rolling for a while, I went back to the large stock tips. Works great for me.

Jul 3, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #46,461 of 62,091
After tip rolling for a while, I went back to the large stock tips. Works great for me.
Yeah, me too.

Although the stock Sennheiser (size L) MTW1 and 2 silicone ones are pretty much identical in size and dimensions and work equally well for me. No difference in sound, too.

Jul 3, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #46,462 of 62,091
I am using the Sony Linkbuds S on an Android device but have settled on AAC because it sounds better than LDAC on my phone, so give them serious consideration. They sound darn good to my ears and they are great for phone calls so far. I have not bothered buying the WF-1000XM4 but did own the WF-1000XM3 and the Linkbuds S sound much better than that model and from all I have read the XM4 will be even bassier and darker sounding than the XM3 so if you prefer a more balanced sound the Linkbuds S should be just about right.

Did you make sure it reads LDAC in developer options. I've heard that people thought it was on LDAC until they saw it was not developer options.
I to have the Note 20 ultra and my XM4s show LDAC in both areas.

Jul 3, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #46,463 of 62,091
What d'yall reckon the new Moondrop Alice's will be like? Apparently a Kato-like sound but in TWS form I believe they mentioned.
w1lgnzbd0c991.jpg

Not loving the shape of the buds or the case but otherwise...

Jul 3, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #46,464 of 62,091
Did you make sure it reads LDAC in developer options. I've heard that people thought it was on LDAC until they saw it was not developer options.
I to have the Note 20 ultra and my XM4s show LDAC in both areas.
I did double check and it was in LDAC in both. But while there I switched it from 32 bit to 24 bit and that seemed to help a bit. It still sounds softer than the AAC but is more similar. Will try it for a while and see how it impacts the battery life. If it kills the battery the difference is so subtle I think I will settle on AAC.

Tomorrow I go back to work. So I will see if I can set it up to do the Sony version on 2 devices and see if it works. The guys that do the DHRME videos suggest that this mode actually works really well and very reliable. So will see if they are correct and if so will have a good work/music solution.

Still loving the IEM, I will likely be selling my Samsung and Technics TWS as these just check all the boxes for my needs including audio enjoyment. The only th ok Ng they lack is a bit of width in sound stage and 3D ability. But they are only just behind the GBuds Pro for sound stage and I have yet to find ANY TWS that can do a decent 3D experience so I am OK with what I get.

I will be keeping my Fiio combo for higher end audio anyway and they sound amazing for soundstage and 3D presentation so I am covered.

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #46,466 of 62,091
Have both. Evo is Harman curve, lifted treble and bass. While Linkbuds are more balanced and a bit warm. Linkbuds is more comfortable than Evo.
Thank you. I feel like it's difficult for me to guess what they sound like anyway, because to me the Harman Curve is kinda what I would call "balanced" and usually quite warm even though I do agree that there is a slight V or W-shape to the frequency curve to it.
Currently have the Galaxy Buds Pro that are also Harman Target-ish and I love their sound signature.
If I put it like this, which ones do you think sound better when you've EQ'd them to your heart's content?

Also, I'm a bit torn on whether I should wait to buy something now or not, Amazon Prime Day is coming up in less than two weeks, the first Prime Day in my country overall since Amazon first established themselves here, so I don't know if any good stuff is usually on sale or if it's going to be the SoundPeats and other even smaller brand-earbuds for $20 instead of like... $30, lol.

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #46,467 of 62,091
I did double check and it was in LDAC in both. But while there I switched it from 32 bit to 24 bit and that seemed to help a bit. It still sounds softer than the AAC but is more similar. Will try it for a while and see how it impacts the battery life. If it kills the battery the difference is so subtle I think I will settle on AAC.

Tomorrow I go back to work. So I will see if I can set it up to do the Sony version on 2 devices and see if it works. The guys that do the DHRME videos suggest that this mode actually works really well and very reliable. So will see if they are correct and if so will have a good work/music solution.

Still loving the IEM, I will likely be selling my Samsung and Technics TWS as these just check all the boxes for my needs including audio enjoyment. The only th ok Ng they lack is a bit of width in sound stage and 3D ability. But they are only just behind the GBuds Pro for sound stage and I have yet to find ANY TWS that can do a decent 3D experience so I am OK with what I get.

I will be keeping my Fiio combo for higher end audio anyway and they sound amazing for soundstage and 3D presentation so I am covered.
I've been listening to my GBuds Pro with ANC on like exclusively, but I just realized how much wider the soundstage gets with it off (and the sound itself feels a lot cleaner too even if the midbass sometimes drops slightly too much), it really made me love the GBuds even more. Just kinda wish the ANC was actually better though, there are times when I think I've actually triggered transparency on them only to realize that... nope, that's still ANC on, lol.

Jul 4, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #46,469 of 62,091
I just got the Linkbuds S today.
My first impressions are that they are pretty nice. They sound good, are comfortable and disappear when you put them on.
I was previously using Samsung Buds as my wireless earphones but was never completely happy with them because their fit and ANC were ass and they got uncomfortable after a while.
These appear to be better in those regards.

I am just using AAC because I don't think the difference between AAC and LDAC is worth sacrificing battery life for.

Jul 4, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #46,470 of 62,091
I am just using AAC because I don't think the difference between AAC and LDAC is worth sacrificing battery life for.

I also have way better connection with AAC compared to LDAC (pixel 5)!

Other than that I'm a pretty big fan of the Linkbud S, but they have a major grip....no touch control customization! Almost a deal breaker, but the S are so good in every other way so it would be hard to depart with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back