Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 26, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #45,706 of 63,253
Hello, I was the soulless comment 😂 what earbud tips do you use? I tried whizzer, azla crystal and xelastec, and noble.....i think, on the last one. Noble doesn't stay in my ear as well sadly. I really wanted to like them as I'd heard great things about them and their mic (I talk on the phone a lot).

Also thank you for posting about the fiio, that's one I haven't seen yet 😄

I had a couple I like but I settled on Philips tips. Wider bore and soft core as I think that is a key. Still getting 4.4 I think on the Amazon Japan reviews but the negative ones all complain about not getting enough bass or warmth.
IMG_1964.JPG
See how they seal against the rear and grip and conform some to the bore after the lip. W/o tips you see that venting channel in the bore. Try with tips that will do that or some tape or other something to seal it up. If the tips seal that and seal fine in your ears it should help fix them up. They also push a bit more air after the driver loosens up is they are on the newer side.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #45,707 of 63,253
I had a couple I like but I settled on Philips tips. Wider bore and soft core as I think that is a key. Still getting 4.4 I think on the Amazon Japan reviews but the negative ones all complain about not getting enough bass or warmth.
IMG_1964.JPG
See how they seal against the rear and grip and conform some to the bore after the lip. W/o tips you see that venting channel in the bore. Try with tips that will do that or some tape or other something to seal it up. If the tips seal that and seal fine in your ears it should help fix them up. They also more a bit more air after the driver loosens up.
Thank you! I'll see if I can find them 😊

May 26, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #45,708 of 63,253
Sold my Fokus Pro because the fit just didn't work for me. The Technics Az60 (or something like that) arrived today. I have them with the Sedna M tips. Holy crap these are good. First one where I've definitely thought this was a clear upgrade to the XM4's. Keeping these.. and they fit in my ears! Who knew human ears don't work well with giant nozzles and weird shaped discs (master and dynamic, What are you thinking?)!

May 26, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #45,709 of 63,253
Would anyone recommend the az60s for the gym.
I find the xm4s a bit cumbersome, my jabra active elite 7s are being returned due to left earbud no longer working , so looking for some new truly wireless for the gym.
The better the audio quality the better.
If not az60s, any other recommendations , maybe £200-250 max

May 26, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #45,710 of 63,253
Okay y'all, is the UTWS5 worth twice as much as the UTWS3 at this stage? I can find the UTWS3 for €66,6 and the UTWS5 for €124,99... feels like quite a substantial price difference tbh.

May 26, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #45,711 of 63,253
Also thinking of selling my AZ60's... they're just collecting dust since I got the Galaxy Bud Pro's, and when I try them out to see if I've misremembered which one I actually prefer out of the two... nope, greatly prefer the Gbuds.

The question is what will make my wallet hurt in the next coming months, not sure if it's going to end up with just adapters and some IEM's or if I'm getting something else. Thinking of picking up the Linkbuds (not S) next month.
Then I'm trying to possibly buy some audio-focused TWS's... But where should I spend my money? Final ZE3000? Astell & Kern UW1000? Lypertek Z7?
Would choose Fokus Pro in a heartbeat based on all I've heard, but since they're not available here I'm looking at what actually is.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #45,712 of 63,253
Also thinking of selling my AZ60's... they're just collecting dust since I got the Galaxy Bud Pro's, and when I try them out to see if I've misremembered which one I actually prefer out of the two... nope, greatly prefer the Gbuds.

The question is what will make my wallet hurt in the next coming months, not sure if it's going to end up with just adapters and some IEM's or if I'm getting something else. Thinking of picking up the Linkbuds (not S) next month.
Then I'm trying to possibly buy some audio-focused TWS's... But where should I spend my money? Final ZE3000? Astell & Kern UW1000? Lypertek Z7?
Would choose Fokus Pro in a heartbeat based on all I've heard, but since they're not available here I'm looking at what actually is.
The X7, and ze300 are both downgrades from xm4 and az60. Why don't you like the 60? Have you done eq wirh power amp? I find them very dynamic. I had an original buds and they were okay, but I haven't heard the new ones. That was like 2019.

May 26, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #45,713 of 63,253
The X7, and ze300 are both downgrades from xm4 and az60. Why don't you like the 60? Have you done eq wirh power amp? I find them very dynamic. I had an original buds and they were okay, but I haven't heard the new ones. That was like 2019.
Really? I didn't enjoy the XM4's at all soundwise, one of my biggest letdowns in TWS's.

I don't dislike the AZ60s, I just don't like them as much as the Galaxy Buds honestly. The Galaxy Buds Pros I can just listen to as they are, they have pretty much the perfect tuning (which still doesn't mean they sound as good as I can imagine an earbud sounding) to my ears, and the AZ60s I have to EQ with Wavelet and I still have a hard time getting anything that sounds as "right" to my ears as the GBPs do.

May 26, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #45,714 of 63,253
Stock tips right? I see AT are coming with different length tips. Not great if they feel like they are gonna fall out. I used the AT for sports and everything with no issues just with regular size tips. They also lowered the quality of the bass. I did find I liked the AT tips on other TWS though but not optimal for CKS50TW though. JVC, Sony, and Final do okay for tips. Other japan brands like Nuarl, AT, and Yamaha shoot themselves in the foot as far as tips. Nuarl and Yamaha were worse. Boomy lower quality bass on the Nuarl worse than the AT so those had to be changed. Yamaha, like a page or two back, you can get the sterile tinny sound someone said they had "no soul" but they can. Actually got rid of the Nuarl due to them having quality and clarity once you get the right tips but they took the soul and personality out of them. I thought the TW-E5B has the soul and emotion the Nuarl lacked but not with the stock tips that are all wrong and usually kills the low end. Most TWS benefit but some are in dire need of aftermarket tips. :)

Anyone seen this posted by FiIO?
1653586505378.png
Kinda scares me. Don't know about anybody else? What drivers are they gonna put in there if it could be as low as $140. Put 4332's in there so you can't then go cheap on drivers. Put worthy drivers in there. Even GeekFly charges $299. I hope they don't let us down. Gotta be there with the best not MTW3 level with less features. Certainly fine but not enough for the recipe. HQ amping and multiple drivers should give us better than the A&K and perhaps the SQ crown for a while. Plus they have the adapters as competition so you can put some fine earphones on them. What is the point to make a TWS that isn't top notch when they make such an option. Hopefully it is priced more as a market disruptor and is actually top notch SQ.
Fiio usually have good stuff with a decent price, so I believe they can deliver quality tws earbuds.
That said, they're still new to these, so I guess we'll see soon (they say the release date is around july).
Here's another picture

Attachments

• fiiooooooooo.JPG
    fiiooooooooo.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #45,715 of 63,253
Fiio usually have good stuff with a decent price, so I believe they can deliver quality tws earbuds.
That said, they're still new to these, so I guess we'll see soon (they say the release date is around july).
Here's another picture
Those physical buttons.....oof. I hope y'all like them tho 😊 whenever they release. They do look really pretty, at the very least.

May 26, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #45,716 of 63,253
I just picked up an fp9 for the transmitter feature and the mic(?) I'm hoping that the mic quality for calls is good? There's not a lot of mentions in this thread of the fp9 (4 came up in a thread search). How effective is the anc? I'll be doing some long flights and can see myself using the transmitter but if the anc is lacking, I'll probably end up using a 3.5mm cord into the sony xm4 or bose 700's
I would say the ANC is good, maybe a notch below the Sony xm4. Call quality is good, the other party can hear me on a busy street.

May 26, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #45,717 of 63,253
Really? I didn't enjoy the XM4's at all soundwise, one of my biggest letdowns in TWS's.

I don't dislike the AZ60s, I just don't like them as much as the Galaxy Buds honestly. The Galaxy Buds Pros I can just listen to as they are, they have pretty much the perfect tuning (which still doesn't mean they sound as good as I can imagine an earbud sounding) to my ears, and the AZ60s I have to EQ with Wavelet and I still have a hard time getting anything that sounds as "right" to my ears as the GBPs do.
I have no idea how anything sounds with stock tips and without EQ. I do a V EQ in Power Amp and use Sedna tips on everything. Stock tips are almost always trash and most headphones sound Boring to me without EQ, so my impressions are based on customization. I've purchase 30 plus sets, and all the big names and sent them all back. I really wanted to like the ZE 3000, but couldn't get a decent seal without comply and comply just kills the SQ.

May 27, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #45,718 of 63,253
I've played around with the Linkbuds S today (for only roughly two hours though) as a friend of mine has just bought them.

Couple of first impressions/questions (but not more than that):

1. Why are they naming these Linkbuds S? What do they have to do or in common with the "original" Linkbuds? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
2. Who are these for at the current price (200€)? SQ and ANC not as good as the WF-1000XM4 imo. Considering I got the WF-1000XM4 here at a discounted price for 175€ and the MTW3 for 187€ here especially...
3. --> They sound okay to good imo (considering the very small 5mm drivers even) and they are very (!) comfortable, I will give them that.
4. However, no wireless charging, no individual bud usage (?) and just good ANC doesn't cut it for me (for that price at least).
5. Battery life seems ok, although 20h (total) are also not exactly top of the line.
6. Transparency mode seemed good, but again, not as good as AirPods Pro to me and also not as good as the original Linkbuds obviously.

So what is it about them? What are we supposed to buy them for? There is better sound available for the money, better ANC and also better features like wireless charging, individual buds usage and even battery life. Is it just the supreme comfort? The transparency mode?I couldn't really test calls with them in my limited time, so maybe they excel in that?

Would be interesting to hear more on these but so far, I would (maybe) only consider them for not much more than 120€ or so really...

Where did you see the MTW3 for 187€? Uh-oh...

May 27, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #45,720 of 63,253
Where did you see the MTW3 for 187€? Uh-oh...
They've been on sale here twice already at a very big store here in Germany called "Euronics" and I don't have any clue why, honestly. Everywhere else they're still at 249€ and they've already had them for 187€ and 192€. I thought it was a mistake first and ordered anyway but was notified to pick them up for that price so I don't want to complain to much about it :D

At first, I wanted to compare them to the B&O EX but haven't purchased them so far as I don't think that they're 212€ "better" than the MTW3 :) I will still try them at some point in the future but for now I'm not in a rush.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back