Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 27, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #45,721 of 62,417
They've been on sale here twice already at a very big store here in Germany called "Euronics" and I don't have any clue why, honestly. Everywhere else they're still at 249€ and they've already had them for 187€ and 192€. I thought it was a mistake first and ordered anyway but was notified to pick them up for that price so I don't want to complain to much about it :D

At first, I wanted to compare them to the B&O EX but haven't purchased them so far as I don't think that they're 212€ "better" than the MTW3 :) I will still try them at some point in the future but for now I'm not in a rush.

We have Euronics here too but none of that in their website. They’re more of an appliance store here. Nothing relevant sound wise.

I checked euronics.de but it’s at 249 now. If you (or anyone) see them again below 200, please shoot me a message. Thx.

May 27, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #45,722 of 62,417
Fiio usually have good stuff with a decent price, so I believe they can deliver quality tws earbuds.
That said, they're still new to these, so I guess we'll see soon (they say the release date is around july).
Here's another picture
Still the recipe - two Hi-Res codecs, two Knowles and one dynamic, QCC5141, and a pair of AK4332's powering them better equal more than "good". Like having a HEMI engine and getting 275HP. Good but you expect more.

May 27, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #45,723 of 62,417
They've been on sale here twice already at a very big store here in Germany called "Euronics" and I don't have any clue why, honestly. Everywhere else they're still at 249€ and they've already had them for 187€ and 192€. I thought it was a mistake first and ordered anyway but was notified to pick them up for that price so I don't want to complain to much about it :D

At first, I wanted to compare them to the B&O EX but haven't purchased them so far as I don't think that they're 212€ "better" than the MTW3 :) I will still try them at some point in the future but for now I'm not in a rush.
I found it here:

https://www.mydealz.de/share-deal/1988835

May 27, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #45,724 of 62,417
Difficult to say something is better if you haven't tried them. I returned the TW3 and am happy with the EX. No one could ever tell you if they are 212 better, too subjective.

May 27, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #45,725 of 62,417
Difficult to say something is better if you haven't tried them. I returned the TW3 and am happy with the EX. No one could ever tell you if they are 212 better, too subjective.
True, however, I personally prefer the MTW3 to the B&O EQ e.g., so that's that. I'm not saying that the EX won't possibly be better than the MTW3, they could likely be, no question about it!

I just highly doubt that they will be worth the additional 212€ for me given how much I like the MTW3 at the moment as that's more than double the price.

That said, I also bought the EQ at 270 back then, so I might buy the EX at some point in the future when I can find a similar deal on them somewhere :)

May 27, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #45,726 of 62,417
Easy to say it as a fact. :) 399 vs. 187 they not going to be 212 better. The willingness to overlook and pay is the subjective part. We have a few who have had both and like the EX better. How many would say 212 Euro better?

Anyone trying these out...
1653668032015.png

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #45,727 of 62,417
Easy to say it as a fact. :) 399 vs. 187 they not going to be 212 better. The willingness to overlook and pay is the subjective part. We have a few who have had both and like the EX better. How many would say 212 Euro better?
It was just my personal opinion, not a fact :) I said that the EX could likely be better than the MTW3. I'm just trying to talk myself into not spending 400€ again for another set :wink:

Then again, the MTW3 for me (!) are the best pair of TWS I've tested so far, so that makes it easier to not spend another 400 for something that might (maybe) be a bit better :D

I never thought the EQ were worth 400 as well btw, as much as I liked and still like them. 400€ is very expensive for a TWS that might have a lifespan of sometimes 2 to 4 years max.

I will try the EX at some point, that's for sure, though :D

May 27, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #45,728 of 62,417
It was just my personal opinion, not a fact :) I said that the EX could likely be better than the MTW3. I'm just trying to talk myself into not spending 400€ again for another set :wink:

Then again, the MTW3 for me (!) are the best pair of TWS I've tested so far, so that makes it easier to not spend another 400 for something that might (maybe) be a bit better :D

I never thought the EQ were worth 400 as well btw, as much as I liked and still like them. 400€ is very expensive for a TWS that might have a lifespan of sometimes 2 to 4 years max.

You could try those eartips I edited into my previous post. I learned about them from a comment that said with those tips the MTW3 sounded better than the EX. :yum:

May 27, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #45,729 of 62,417

1653668032015.png
They do look interesting.....are they going to be better than spinfit in any way? They look like they might be a shorter tip but otherwise I'm trying to figure out why someone would buy them over spinfits.

May 27, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #45,730 of 62,417
Because SpinFits are thin (lacking in density) and so poor for ANC buds if you actually want to use the ANC.

The MAX are a new release, so I do not have them but have the others in the range and I need tips about 14mm so not many do that bar SpinFit/Azla.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #45,731 of 62,417
They do look interesting.....are they going to be better than spinfit in any way? They look like they might be a shorter tip but otherwise I'm trying to figure out why someone would buy them over spinfits.
I don't own any spinfits actually. Tried them early and never went back. I am an AZLA tip owner though. There are plenty who have both brands and like them both for certain phones. Azla winning here and there and Spinfit winning here and there. Other brands as well have some real good and well liked tips.

Who is gonna try Intime's iReep (intime reflective emission ear piece) when they drop next month??

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #45,732 of 62,417

Obviously, you got my point. It is subjective, this whole hobby is. I have been reviewing for many years now and have been saying the same thing, it is all subjective. I can only tell you what I hear, and no one can dispute what I hear. Since the pandemic it has become very dilute. Everyone is interviewing and they have muddied the waters to "clear, solid" advice.

Everyone's usage and needs are different. I am almost strictly a sound quality guy. The other features are nice, but okay. When the TW3 didn't work for me fit wide, I had to go on hunt for something that did. The EX has filled that void. Again this is a wireless option, my expectations aren't near as high as they are with TOTL wired options.

May 27, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #45,733 of 62,417
Because SpinFits are thin (lacking in density) and so poor for ANC buds if you actually want to use the ANC.

The MAX are a new release, so I do not have them but have the others in the range and I need tips about 14mm so not many do that bar SpinFit/Azla.
That does help a lot, thank you 😄 I'm even more curious about these now.

May 27, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #45,734 of 62,417
Stock tips right? I see AT are coming with different length tips. Not great if they feel like they are gonna fall out. I used the AT for sports and everything with no issues just with regular size tips. They also lowered the quality of the bass. I did find I liked the AT tips on other TWS though but not optimal for CKS50TW though. JVC, Sony, and Final do okay for tips. Other japan brands like Nuarl, AT, and Yamaha shoot themselves in the foot as far as tips. Nuarl and Yamaha were worse. Boomy lower quality bass on the Nuarl worse than the AT so those had to be changed. Yamaha, like a page or two back, you can get the sterile tinny sound someone said they had "no soul" but they can. Actually got rid of the Nuarl due to them having quality and clarity once you get the right tips but they took the soul and personality out of them. I thought the TW-E5B has the soul and emotion the Nuarl lacked but not with the stock tips that are all wrong and usually kills the low end. Most TWS benefit but some are in dire need of aftermarket tips. :)

Anyone seen this posted by FiIO?

Kinda scares me. Don't know about anybody else? What drivers are they gonna put in there if it could be as low as $140. Put 4332's in there so you can't then go cheap on drivers. Put worthy drivers in there. Even GeekFly charges $299. I hope they don't let us down. Gotta be there with the best not MTW3 level with less features. Certainly fine but not enough for the recipe. HQ amping and multiple drivers should give us better than the A&K and perhaps the SQ crown for a while. Plus they have the adapters as competition so you can put some fine earphones on them. What is the point to make a TWS that isn't top notch when they make such an option. Hopefully it is priced more as a market disruptor and is actually top notch SQ.
Just fyi, drivers are cheap af, even for $1k iems the cost of drivers is as low as $50 -$100

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #45,735 of 62,417

1653668032015.png
These aren't available in the US, right? I tried ordering from their web site but USA wasn't an option for shipping. Or am I missing something? I also find the SpinFits too thin so they don't isolate for me. I like the Sedna stuff. Much thicker. I get the seal I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back