Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #44,686 of 62,381
You'll have to pry my EQ from my cold dead hands. Love them too much to let them go right now. But if the EX leads the pack in my rotation, you just never know :)

I have two of them. The frist in sand which was broken then replaced last year with a brand new one after RMA and a black one I got with a pretty good discount a few weeks ago. So I'm sure keeping the black one which I use most of the time now. It makes much more sense to have an EQ and an EX as a reserve then having two EQ - especially if the EX turns out to be an equally good as the EQ.

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #44,689 of 62,381
My local B&O dealer has them already in stock (4 pieces) at the moment, but I spend the last of my funny money on a second (black) EQ a few weeks ago :scream:
There’s always another $400 in funny money if you look hard enough. What’s a few points on your credit score anyway?

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #44,690 of 62,381
Apr 27, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #44,691 of 62,381
I've been noticing for a while now that the gap between well established names and chi-fi has at least discussion wise here in this forum tilted in one direction. Is it because chi-fi has stagnated when it comes SQ and other features or have the well established brands really taken a leap to differentiate themselves from their brethren and therefore are getting much of the attention.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #44,692 of 62,381
Looks like I was late to the party. You guys are truly impressive. Anyone get a shipment notification?
Yep. Just got UPS notification for overnight shipping.

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #44,693 of 62,381
I've been noticing for a while now that the gap between well established names and chi-fi has at least discussion wise here in this forum tilted in one direction. Is it because chi-fi has stagnated when it comes SQ and other features or have the well established brands really taken a leap to differentiate themselves from their brethren and therefore are getting much of the attention.
You sure you got the right thread? TWS for Chi-fi has never been much to talk about at all. Only the adapters really.:)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #44,694 of 62,381
I would be interested to know (as I'm sure others would) as to which you plan on keeping and which you plan on selling. Also, maybe how you rank what you have?
Personally, I will be keeping my Fokus Pro, XM4s, and AKG N400s (yardwork). Might keep my AZ60s too, but that will be a future decision. What am I saying, everything is for sale for the right price :D

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #44,695 of 62,381
Personally, I will be keeping my Fokus Pro, XM4s, and AKG N400s (yardwork). Might keep my AZ60s too, but that will be a future decision. What am I saying, everything is for sale for the right price :D
Even @BooleanBones. For the right price, he's yours!

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #44,696 of 62,381
I'm keeping my AZ60s and N400s as well. When the Senns arrive I guess I'll see if they're worth keeping. My fear is that I'll just keep all of them and then some will never get used. And by the time I say, "Heeeey, I haven't been using these", something better will come out and I'll want to buy those, haha. Since the technology is getting drastically better each year, it's a lot more tempting to upgrade. It's kind of like having a smartphone in 2012 vs now. Back then there was a big difference from year to year with new models. Now? I feel like they're all the same for the most part. They've leveled off a bit. I'm kinda waiting to see when that will happen with the true wireless stuff.

Apr 27, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #44,697 of 62,381
I'm keeping my AZ60s and N400s as well. When the Senns arrive I guess I'll see if they're worth keeping. My fear is that I'll just keep all of them and then some will never get used. And by the time I say, "Heeeey, I haven't been using these", something better will come out and I'll want to buy those, haha. Since the technology is getting drastically better each year, it's a lot more tempting to upgrade. It's kind of like having a smartphone in 2012 vs now. Back then there was a big difference from year to year with new models. Now? I feel like they're all the same for the most part. They've leveled off a bit. I'm kinda waiting to see when that will happen with the true wireless stuff.
Feel your pain. I am eager to see how you guys like the Sennies. Curious how well they have the 7mm drivers tuned in them. They have done really well with them in the IE series IEMs out now.

Apr 27, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #44,698 of 62,381
Question:
Is there any combination of the KZ AZ09 or AZ09 Pro and any combination with earbuds that fit with those adapters that will sound obviously "better" than anything I would get from my regular TWS's? Trying to see if it's worth to try out the adapter game but starting cheap-ish in that case...

Also, is there a list available anywhere where you can see which models actually fit the AZ09's? I know KZ has one, but I feel like they're omitting some earbuds that actually work perfectly fine.
I use the KZ Zax and KZ Crinacle collab on my AZ09 Pro and AZ09 respectively, and I adore both combos. For out and about and phone calls I switch between Melomania Touch and Beats Fit Pro.

Apr 27, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #44,699 of 62,381
You sure you got the right thread? TWS for Chi-fi has never been much to talk about at all. Only the adapters really.:)
Au contraire. A couple years back we were all hunting for the chi fi TWS diamonds in the rough. MPOW? Bomaker Sif? The spaceship shaped model (never got my hands on them, but they were hella popular)? Fiil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back