Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 23, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #44,581 of 62,451
I have tested them with the three firmwares I've had on my MW08s. Using the iPhone Voice recorder.
1st version was atrocious, easy as that.
2nd (updated a month ago?) was noticably better.
3rd, updated today, is very good. Clean and noticably louder than before. (note I haven't tested in noisy enviroments)
I want those MW08 Sport, but I can't do it again. I've had 4 pairs and updated via my iPhone to the most recent firmware. Every single time, the mic was messed up. So very frustrating. Firmware 4.4.5.

Apr 23, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #44,582 of 62,451
I want those MW08 Sport, but I can't do it again. I've had 4 pairs and updated via my iPhone to the most recent firmware. Every single time, the mic was messed up. So very frustrating. Firmware 4.4.5.
I updated to v5..3.9 just now.
With Azla Xelestec they really sound much better. Especially the highs, more crispy. (used Spinfit CP360 before)
And have tested several voice recordings. Very good and clean. Also called one of my friends for a quick test. He said I was clear as day, maybe a little "metallic" but very good.

Apr 23, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #44,583 of 62,451
I updated to v5..3.9 just now.
With Azla Xelestec they really sound much better. Especially the highs, more crispy. (used Spinfit CP360 before)
And have tested several voice recordings. Very good and clean. Also called one of my friends for a quick test. He said I was clear as day, maybe a little "metallic" but very good.
Aren't there other MW08S owners in here, with newly updated buds, who can support or disprove my findings?

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #44,584 of 62,451
Ordered some - only the black/teal available here at the moment. Still love and use my EQ everyday, sounds like these may just be a nice improvement.

Also been using the link buds everyday when walking my dog, great to stay aware. I generally just listen to audiobooks/podcasts on them.
Where are preorders up?

Apr 23, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #44,585 of 62,451
Aren't there other MW08S owners in here, with newly updated buds, who can support or disprove my findings?
Interesting. I could be wrong, but if you're on 5.3.9 then they must have just pushed out that update. Last week, I was only able to update to 4.3.5 on the MW08 Sport.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #44,586 of 62,451
Apr 24, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #44,590 of 62,451
Hi guys, any report about 1more EVO?
What might that be?

But I was wondering the other day myself, is there a 1more rumors scene? I'd love to hear about an updated version of the comfobuds Z with more battery life ... or if they can even cram ANC in that tiny body ... I have gotten to use them now every night after some initial issues (and they still have charging issues, I need to 'watch' them while charging with open case, to make sure they are 100% .. if I close case one side will disconnect, but discharge battery)

Apr 24, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #44,591 of 62,451
What might that be?

But I was wondering the other day myself, is there a 1more rumors scene? I'd love to hear about an updated version of the comfobuds Z with more battery life ... or if they can even cram ANC in that tiny body ... I have gotten to use them now every night after some initial issues (and they still have charging issues, I need to 'watch' them while charging with open case, to make sure they are 100% .. if I close case one side will disconnect, but discharge battery)
It is supposed to be their flagship hi-fi product in tws area. I'm not a fan of 1more sound signature but I'm curious.
https://usa.1more.com/products/1more-evo-true-wireless-active-noise-canceling-headphones

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #44,594 of 62,451
Same here. MW08 with standard ear tips. I’ve updated to 5.3.9 last night, and I feel they are tuned a bit “hotter” now.

I liked their full warm bass, especially in ANC “max” setting, but didn’t like it becoming occasionally bloated. And I could do with a little less laid-back trebles.

I’m pleased to report that M&D corrected exactly these points. They didn’t diminish the bass punch in ANC “max” setting. I’d say bass tuning is very similar to before, but I feel it’s a little less “warm”. The bass doesn’t reach lower than before in absolute frequency, but it seems the weight has moved a tad more towards the lower end, separating it better from the mids.

Trebles have become a little crisper and ever so slightly grainy, which - for me - makes it much more entertaining to listen to.

Overall, no massive changes, though. But in my book the MW08 were already very good before… :)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #44,595 of 62,451
Same here. MW08 with standard ear tips. I’ve updated to 5.3.9 last night, and I feel they are tuned a bit “hotter” now.

I liked their full warm bass, especially in ANC “max” setting, but didn’t like it becoming occasionally bloated. And I could do with a little less laid-back trebles.

I’m pleased to report that M&D corrected exactly these points. They didn’t diminish the bass punch in ANC “max” setting. I’d say bass tuning is very similar to before, but I feel it’s a little less “warm”. The bass doesn’t reach lower in absolute frequency than before, but it seems the weight has moved a tad more towards the lower end, separating it better from the mids.

Trebles have become a little crisper and ever so slightly grainy, which - for me - makes it much more entertaining to listen to.

Overall, no massive changes, though. But in my book the MW08 were already very good before… :)
What do you think of the mics with the latest update?

(Nice to see my ears actually heard the same differences as yours :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back