Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 15, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #43,036 of 62,430
Further to this, Qi charging, Volume Controls, ANC slightly less than AirPods Pro/Beats Fit Pro, all other controls. Zero issues. Fit is better than APP. Really enjoying them. Calls are perfect. Sound has EQ presets. Balances, More Treble, More Bass, Voice. I'm going with the More Bass. Punchy and cool for metal. For $99 I'm really surprised. Great value. Keep wondering when a bug will be revealed but nothing so far for hours.
How is the volume level on them... read a few amazon reviews which say they do not go loud enough

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #43,037 of 62,430
The link buds is out

Anyoen interested with a real Open Back True Wireless? I mean it literally got a hole in it.

Techmoan is more casual and he really isn't comfortable with any in ear headphones, but his impression and close up view is appreciated.

While Linus is actually quite interested with personal audio, daily drive an HD600 at home and used to rock the IE8, 80 and 800 as his EDC until Airpods came out. He did mentioned he's tempted to buy an IE900 in recent WAN show tho, so he does care for sound when he wants to.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #43,038 of 62,430
Wow, I feel like I have no issue with accumulating tws's, after seeing your picture. :)

Do you keep them all charged up? I have around 15 and rotate between 10 or so, but it takes me a month to rotate through them -- sometimes just listening to a song or two before putting it away for another month. sounds strange as I type this, but we're a strange bunch, no? Earlier today I just realized 3 or 4 of my tws' had to be topped off because it's been almost a couple months since I've listened to them.
Dude I can't live through that, especially when I know TWS have actual limit on its lifetime due to its battery. Compared to headphones and other gear that has 5+ years at least, the tiny batter on tws is just destined to make every single one of them to be in landfills.. 1 TWS is enough for my life.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #43,039 of 62,430
The link buds is out

Anyoen interested with a real Open Back True Wireless? I mean it literally got a hole in it.

Techmoan is more casual and he really isn't comfortable with any in ear headphones, but his impression and close up view is appreciated.

While Linus is actually quite interested with personal audio, daily drive an HD600 at home and used to rock the IE8, 80 and 800 as his EDC until Airpods came out. He did mentioned he's tempted to buy an IE900 in recent WAN show tho, so he does care for sound when he wants to.

More niche right now but certainly some will have a use for it. Doubt with the F.R. and losing that low bass that the gamers will dig them. The phone gamers that play "Best Fiends" most likely but not serious gamers.

As I speculated the tap your ear thing would have to give issues. So, in the email we learn they are a double and triple tap control scheme so that would help stop accidentals. Guess you can't hold your front ear parts so you are limited and it says nothing about volume control again. They have an auto volume based on sensing outside sounds thing but it seems if you just want to crank it you need to do it on device or via voice assistant.

Specs do correct that they are BT5.2. No aptX just SBC/AAC, says 2.5 hours continuous communication time so your Zoom and work stuff better not be that long or you need a break to quick charge.

I thought these could be big for work from home or certain office settings but max 2.5 hours constant communication is not gonna cut it for a bunch of people.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #43,040 of 62,430
How is the volume level on them... read a few amazon reviews which say they do not go loud enough
I do have to turn them up higher than most of my buds, but they get plenty loud for me. On odd issue I'm having is that ANC resets when you put them in the case, so you have to re-cycle to ANC again when you put them in. Outside of that, for $99 they are a very very good value.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #43,043 of 62,430
Dude I can't live through that, especially when I know TWS have actual limit on its lifetime due to its battery. Compared to headphones and other gear that has 5+ years at least, the tiny batter on tws is just destined to make every single one of them to be in landfills.. 1 TWS is enough for my life.
The limited lifespan is a big argument for IEM + TWS earhook adapters. When the battery dies, get a new earhook or try to repair the old earhook. New Bluetooth tech or audio codecs? Get a new earhook while saving the bulk of your investment by reusing the IEMs.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #43,044 of 62,430
You are exactly right. To Crin... What he likes is what he likes. Everyone is always right in this hobby. That's great that you got the Dorado man! I have not had the pleasure of listening to them as I had pretty much written off anything from Campfire as they have come out with some real duds. I have heard good things about this set though. Very cool.
I hear ya man. Out of curiosity, which CFA products did you try and why didn't you like them? I've heard many good things about the Solaris and Andromeda's but wanted to get a fresh take from the community what they think? Listening to the Durado 2020 gives me that sense of emotion that I feel many IEMs miss the mark on. It's also VERY good on poorly recorded tracks.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #43,045 of 62,430
@Phaethon Bro - I didn't think goose bumps were possible with IEMs but the Dorado 2020 immediately delivered on the first few tracks I put on. Having never invested in $1K IEMs I really didn't want a good reason to keep them (for the sake of my wallet) but they are definitely in a league of their own.

I am now a believer but I do think beyond this price point may just be diminishing returns. It has an even fuller, more dynamic, detailed and clean/robust bass and sonic profile than the FH9s. It really is incredible and for the most part, it has the right amount of sparkle before it gets too peaky or harsh in the treble region while pushing mids and vocals more to the forefront. That bass is thick, clean and robust, the most precise I've heard, insane. I know I'm gushing because I feel like I'm sitting in a Ferrari instead of a BMW now. Immersive, dynamic, impactful and detailed at a different level. You want to appreciate details of instruments in jazz and classical? These deliver. You want to get jacked listening to more energetic genres? Rock, PoP, EDM? These deliver.

Is it worth the extra 400 CAD over the FH9s to end my search and sell off the rest of my small collection? Yes, probably. Also, did I mention it's gorgeous and comfort wise, the most ergonomic out of all the other IEMs I've tried? Dunno why crin rated these so poorly but I've just recognized that everyone has their own taste and bias towards certain sound signatures. This is my jam, I am a fan and this may likely be my end game for years to come... except for TWS :)
I’m so happy! I am still ecstatic with them a week later! Like you, I couldn’t figure out why Crin dismissed them, but I realized he and I different tastes and different goals. He wants it pristine and I want it colored, but colored just the way I want it. I think that makes me an audiophile troglodyte but I’m in it for the sound I like.
Your descriptions were so good you should write reviews! Cheers!

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #43,046 of 62,430
I hear ya man. Out of curiosity, which CFA products did you try and why didn't you like them? I've heard many good things about the Solaris and Andromeda's but wanted to get a fresh take from the community what they think? Listening to the Durado 2020 gives me that sense of emotion that I feel many IEMs miss the mark on. It's also VERY good on poorly recorded tracks.
The Solaris and Andromeda are both very nice. Let's put it this way, any Campfire product with a ton of acclaim is an amazing product. If you do not hear much about a certain set than it likely just wasn't for everyone. Campfire does specific tuning at times which targets certain audiences and so saying that some have been duds is prob me overstepping and prob was not very kind. Campfire knows what they are doing man. No doubt. Sometimes they target certain genres rather than make balanced sets that have mass appeal. I haven't tried the Dorado but I hear it's very nice.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #43,047 of 62,430
More niche right now but certainly some will have a use for it. Doubt with the F.R. and losing that low bass that the gamers will dig them. The phone gamers that play "Best Fiends" most likely but not serious gamers.

As I speculated the tap your ear thing would have to give issues. So, in the email we learn they are a double and triple tap control scheme so that would help stop accidentals. Guess you can't hold your front ear parts so you are limited and it says nothing about volume control again. They have an auto volume based on sensing outside sounds thing but it seems if you just want to crank it you need to do it on device or via voice assistant.

Specs do correct that they are BT5.2. No aptX just SBC/AAC, says 2.5 hours continuous communication time so your Zoom and work stuff better not be that long or you need a break to quick charge.

I thought these could be big for work from home or certain office settings but max 2.5 hours constant communication is not gonna cut it for a bunch of people.
Yeah, I'm reading a lot and watching a lot about them and they seem pretty awesome for Zoom and WFH or even in an office setting like mine used to be in the former world we lived in. There was another set of bud that used cheek taps. I think it was the Bragi Dash Pro. I remember it actually worked well for me. You know me, I'll give these a shot from a place with a good return policy. That said, the Urbanista Lisbon are similar in that they have that open ear AirPods design. They're also tiny. But you don't know how many times these days I have to NOT wear headphones to her the Fedex guy ring the doorbell! Real world problems. Bah!

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #43,048 of 62,430
Yeah, I'm reading a lot and watching a lot about them and they seem pretty awesome for Zoom and WFH or even in an office setting like mine used to be in the former world we lived in. There was another set of bud that used cheek taps. I think it was the Bragi Dash Pro. I remember it actually worked well for me. You know me, I'll give these a shot from a place with a good return policy. That said, the Urbanista Lisbon are similar in that they have that open ear AirPods design. They're also tiny. But you don't know how many times these days I have to NOT wear headphones to her the Fedex guy ring the doorbell! Real world problems. Bah!
You are just gonna end up with some Koss drivers mounted on the FiiO earhooks.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #43,049 of 62,430
Feb 15, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #43,050 of 62,430
I do have to turn them up higher than most of my buds, but they get plenty loud for me. On odd issue I'm having is that ANC resets when you put them in the case, so you have to re-cycle to ANC again when you put them in. Outside of that, for $99 they are a very very good value.
Further to this, the Nothing Ear 1 really do give my LG Tone FP8 a run for their money. Close, but man, the NE1 do sound excellent. I read that the White version had bug and they possibly fixed everything as they released the Black version later. I'm using the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back