Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 4, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #42,646 of 62,454
Gosh, tomatos are surprisingly expensive here in Japan :wink:
Anyways, I have one more question regarding the Liberty 3 Pro. The Amazon description says ‘external sound input’ and I am confused what that means. First I was hoping it means the base can be used as a BT sender (connect to your old non-BT dap), like the Bowers Wilkins … but maybe they just mean ambient mode?
External sound input should = ambient/transparency mode. Think there is another model that does the same as the B&W though. Need to look back. I know Gamesky reveiwed it. Need to check that again since I can't remember.

Edit: Okay, the LG Tone Free FP9. Has external plug in and sends out to the earphones.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #42,647 of 62,454
Yeah. :) He should have said you say tomaaaahto I say tom8to! Heck we are global here and erockg buys stuff from Japan so maybe... I say tom8to, you say tamaaaahto, and you say トマト. :tomato:
You can all just eat a stalk! Bwahahahaha!

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #42,648 of 62,454
External sound input should = ambient/transparency mode. Think there is another model that does the same as the B&W though. Need to look back. I know Gamesky reveiwed it. Need to check that again since I can't remember.

Edit: Okay, the LG Tone Free FP9. Has external plug in and sends out to the earphones.

Yep, I didn't get that one, I'd never use that external plug feature. The FP9 doesn't have wireless charging. FP9 does and supposedly has all the same other features. No idea why they omitted wireless charging from the 9.

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #42,649 of 62,454
I took a slight different approach to implementing "fully wireless" IEMs. I took my Ultimate Ears 18 IEMS, had a custom short balanced cable made for them with a 4.4mm TRRRS balanced connector and plug it into the iFi Go Blu portable DAC/amp. Great sound if not completely wireless.

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #42,650 of 62,454
Yep, I didn't get that one, I'd never use that external plug feature. The FP9 doesn't have wireless charging. FP8 does and supposedly has all the same other features. No idea why they omitted wireless charging from the 9.
Fixed that for ya. :) Most likely the internals for for UV, transmitting, and wireless charging couldn't fit in the same case and they didn't want to make a second case. Kinda odd to make identical models that differ on one feature though. Maybe better if they had given wireless charging on both but made the choice between the UV cleaning and case transmitting.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #42,651 of 62,454
I took a slight different approach to implementing "fully wireless" IEMs. I took my Ultimate Ears 18 IEMS, had a custom short balanced cable made for them with a 4.4mm TRRRS balanced connector and plug it into the iFi Go Blu portable DAC/amp. Great sound if not completely wireless.
Dude... I am an ifi go blu lover myself. I do like the idea of a shorter cable. Hiby makes a short cable but it's $100. Anyways.... Nice man... I have somebody to relate to with the IFi... I honestly can't really tell the difference between my iems to a nice dongle dac or dap and the IFi. There may be tonal differences but the soundstage separation and all the intangibles of a wired connection are there. I also enjoy the Qudelix 5k alot as well...

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #42,653 of 62,454
I really like my Soudpeats H1, but they seem do not support running.
They stop working after half an jour (right side) when I run.
So is there an other TWS, in the same price and sound, with better ipx ?

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #42,654 of 62,454
Could just be your set FWIW. Before I got my TW2s, I regularly used my Soundpeats H1 paired to my Galaxy Watch for 5K, 10K, and 15K runs without any issues. I think after a 1.5hr run, the battery had even only drained a few %.

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #42,655 of 62,454
Hello Guys, can anyone help me and suggest most accurate - IEF Neutral Sounding TWS, or A TWS Similar to Blessing 2 in Sound Quality. And from most i had read or watched on the internet Moondrop sparks aren't similar sounding to B2.
I am currently confused b/w 1) Lypertek Pureplay Z3 2.0, 2) Moondrop Sparks 3) Galaxy Buds Pro 4) Nuratrue/Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+
And my requirements in descending order are:
1) Most Important thing is its Sound Quality to me: as i can not tolerate over emphasized thumping bass & nor harsh treble. I need good seperation. only tight & clear bass nothing emphasized, unrecessed vocals, no sibilance & no harsh trebles.
2) Battery life- I need to use tws for atleast 05:30 hrs on a go without case.
3) call Quality- I need decent call quality, that another person on line can listen clearly even in outdoors.
4) controls- Its controls should atleast work correctly. and my first preference is touch controls, then light click physical buttons & then last hard click Physical buttons.
5) Long term sturdiness- they should not break apart after one year.

I know i am too demanding for a TWS but If can anybody here tried these TWS, please help me out here.

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #42,656 of 62,454
It's been a couple of months since I purchased (and sent back) my B&O EQs.

Yesterday, I accidentally saw an online offer for an "almost new" pair of EQs for 270€ - exactly one month old and pretty much unused - and pulled the trigger again 😂

I somehow missed them despite all their flaws that made me sell them in the first place aka fairly "low" max volume, no track skipping functionality, average ANC and battery life. Back then it was just not worth 400€ for me even though the sound was great.

So, turns out the sound is still great :D They still feel premium and I still like the case very much. The flaws are also still present, it seems. I thought maybe some firmware updates have changed a couple of things in the meantime.

Will they be worth 270€ this time around? Let's wait and see :) Right now,.I'm enjoying them quite a bit again.

It's funny, isn't it? I usually don't return headphones after a purchase - even though I might not like them - and sell them instead. And sometimes, more often than I'd wish, I immediately start missing them. So much that I re-buy them after a couple of weeks.

Happened with my SE-846. I thought "You don't need wired headphones anymore". Sold them. Bought a used pair one month later.

Feb 4, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #42,657 of 62,454
Could just be your set FWIW. Before I got my TW2s, I regularly used my Soundpeats H1 paired to my Galaxy Watch for 5K, 10K, and 15K runs without any issues. I think after a 1.5hr run, the battery had even only drained a few %.
Thanks.
Firmware updated
Next test, a running this week.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #42,658 of 62,454
I am really digging the Fiil T2 pro (same / similar to Earfun Free Pro 2 something) for running these days. Not sure about their IPX though

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #42,659 of 62,454
Yep, synergy can still apply. I don't think the majority will agree but there will be some out there. Esp. depending on codec and implementation. EQ as well depending on how well they respond to it. As we know a few factors and how they mix together and what you get is not gonna be the same for everyone. :)

On my, ANC on par with the Sony XM4 :O

I thought with the battery life hit it was gonna try to be good but maybe they succeeded. Seem to sound very good too and nice on the tips...
1643980800263.png

$10 off on Amazon to entice. I can hear erockg saying dammit I just bought those LG's. :angry:

The LG are much better than these from a call Audio Mic perspective , he will be okay with his purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back