Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #42,376 of 63,208
Thanks. Maybe I’ll grab the xm4s again. The Bose wipes the floor with just about everything else.
I've had those XM4 2x and I do love them. I grabbed the Jabra Elite 7 Pro again yesterday because the 2.0 firmware added multipoint and "supposedly" better sound & ANC. We shall see!

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #42,377 of 63,208
Jan 29, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #42,378 of 63,208
I've had those XM4 2x and I do love them. I grabbed the Jabra Elite 7 Pro again yesterday because the 2.0 firmware added multipoint and "supposedly" better sound & ANC. We shall see!
Let me know. Never been a huge fan of the Jabra sound signature but I’ll wait for your impressions. I need that soul sucking ANC. Even the Beats Pro fail compared to the Bose.

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #42,379 of 63,208
Let me know. Never been a huge fan of the Jabra sound signature but I’ll wait for your impressions. I need that soul sucking ANC. Even the Beats Pro fail compared to the Bose.
I do like the sound on the 7s in comparison to the past gen, but that's me. They'll never replace my Fokus. I would have kept the Bose but they're huge and the fit tends to kill my ears. Really hoping Bose reworks the form factor.

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #42,380 of 63,208
I do like the sound on the 7s in comparison to the past gen, but that's me. They'll never replace my Fokus. I would have kept the Bose but they're huge and the fit tends to kill my ears. Really hoping Bose reworks the form factor.
Guessing that’s how the ANC magic works.

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #42,381 of 63,208
Totally agree, some engineer said - "Let's make them huge and use that same old ear tips because we have a lot of stock. Eff the guys who will think they're big. We're Bose, people will always buy our stuff, we make great ANC!" :)

Jan 29, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #42,382 of 63,208
Yeah, pass on those Grell. Sound is nice but low volume unless you use the app (which isn't very amazing). They need a price drop. You have those AZ60s and the new Japan only Audio Technica. Both have solid ANC, but nothing compared to the Sony, Bose and Airpods yet IMO.
I really like the XM4s for their shallow fit which are a nice break from the deeper fitting buds. I ended up keeping both those and the AZ60s since they were so different. The AZs feel like they have grappling hooks once you get them sealed which I love too :)

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #42,383 of 63,208
I really like the XM4s for their shallow fit which are a nice break from the deeper fitting buds. I ended up keeping both those and the AZ60s since they were so different. The AZs feel like they have grappling hooks once you get them sealed which I love too :)
I liked the voice activated ambient mode on the XM4s very much. Who knows, I may go for them again if they drop more than they already have. I agree with you about the AZ60. Fit was really great. I tell you though, my setup now which I seem to be using every day fits like a glove. The Fiio UTWS5 with those Thieaudio Clairvoyance buds. The perfectly slot around and into my ears. Is this love?

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #42,384 of 63,208
I do find it interesting that those leading the pack in ANC — Bose, Sony, maybe include Devialet? — use their own tech. Meanwhile Qualcomm seems to be making clear strides. In the end, I guess whoever can make the best tech in the smallest package wins. My UTSW5s do sound amazing, but if they're going to have ANC then where would the mics go? And if I want to sound good in phone calls, I guess the mic would have to jut out from under my ear? I guess we still have a ways to go and that's a good thing!

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #42,385 of 63,208
the Beats Fit Pro were released in other markets (like mine, Japan) yesterday, I had pre-ordered Thursday & Amazon man came today!
6D7050C2-D426-419F-AA57-2DF462B2E391.jpeg
(Just to be clear, this ain’t me, this is a pic from AliExpress :wink:)

My very very first impressions are overall positive. I did not have the ‘wow’ effect when turning on the ANC like I had with the APP back in the day. Reasons are two fold: back then was pre-Bose QC and pre-Sonyxm4 and second: fit. I think my ears like the oval tips of the APP a bit more and strangly, in order to get the ‘good seal’ approval from the app, I need to rotate the buds forward ever so slightly, until the wings are not tugged in anymore! Only then do I get a good deal!
Having said that, I do agree with most reviewers that the sound is more engaging than the APP and very much to my liking. The ANC appears to be on par with what I remember the APP were like, but had no chance to try on plane :wink:

2 features I noticed and did not hear about before (those might be just new iOS features, reserved for apple ecosystem buds:) live listen, basically use your buds as hearing aids & background sounds, which is like soothing ambient / white noise, I think I saw that on Jabra app and recently also soundpeats? Nice that this works WITH music, it is not ‘either / or’

Now I have to see how my first run will go with them.

Side note, I am also kinda proud that this is only my very FIRST tws purchase this year so far! I am really trying to cut back, like only 1 set a month ... i am already / still eyeing the AZ60 for February :D

I am also happy with the Fit Pros. These must be made without the nickle materials because they have not caused any irritation (for those that are inflicted with that). My only complaint is the case is cheap feeling. Have them with spin fits and ANC is great on flights, could not get proper seal with stock tips. Sound is def more clear and detailed than APP. BTW all of my headphones sounded harsh and strange, found out Dolby Atmos was on!

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #42,386 of 63,208
Totally agree, some engineer said - "Let's make them huge and use that same old ear tips because we have a lot of stock. Eff the guys who will think they're big. We're Bose, people will always buy our stuff, we make great ANC!" :)
If only that was really the case. It is pretty simple really as exposed by https://www.qucox.com/bose-quietcomfort-earbuds-teardown/

Bose use a separate and custom noise cancelling DSP plus Separate CPU. This takes room and needs a larger battery. In addition, they decided on a 9-10mm speaker to get better bass power to cancel the low frequency sounds of e.g. ’plane engines. Take all these together and you get a compromise of better ANC for a larger footprint. Oh, and the QC use a Qualcomm 5127 too…

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #42,387 of 63,208
Yeah, pass on those Grell. Sound is nice but low volume unless you use the app (which isn't very amazing). They need a price drop. You have those AZ60s and the new Japan only Audio Technica. Both have solid ANC, but nothing compared to the Sony, Bose and Airpods yet IMO.
I think the Gemini ANC is pretty great.

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #42,388 of 63,208
I get it. Clearly, my humor didn’t translate :wink:

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #42,389 of 63,208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back