Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #41,611 of 62,385
Sooooo... these Final ZE3000 just arrived. I have to admit, I thought they wouldn't fit me. But they fit me perfectly. Weird because they are so odd looking. The case is insanely light and about the size of a Jabra 75T case. No wireless charging. They packed some nice sub-bass in these. Literally just popped them in, but so far not bad. No app yet but when you click through to the site it says the English version is still being built. Lame, but I didn't even know there was an app coming, so happy accident?
So... What was your final consensus about the final audio ze3000? I'm looking at those too. I'm not sold on the jvc's... Just have a bad feeling about them and so I'm trying to get an idea about some other sets.

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #41,613 of 62,385
So... What was your final consensus about the final audio ze3000? I'm looking at those too. I'm not sold on the jvc's... Just have a bad feeling about them and so I'm trying to get an idea about some other sets.
They're fine. I'm going to sell them though. I've used them two or three times for short bursts and they have zero features. Sound is nice, clean, but I don't think they're worth the price. I think they would be if Final would release their app, but who knows when that is coming.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #41,614 of 62,385
If you want a cheap iem with them that have a similar sound to the galaxy buds pro I would probably say the Moondrop SSP. However those may be a hair too much for the Az10 to drive. Maybe just go with the KZ budget lineup like the KZ EDX Pro, which is more V-shaped and it is a bit warm of neutral and I can confirm they are fantastic for budget or kz dq6 which are less warm and need time to burn in, they triple dynamic driver lil beasts, KZ Zex is a good set as well as the cca cra. Honestly there is alot to choose from in the budget price point which are pretty nice, these sets are all under $30. If you could push a bit more I personally really enjoy the Tripowin TC01 and the Tripowin Mele, both can be found for about $40-50. There are a bunch more... What is your budget... I should've prob asked that to begin with
Thx a lot for the recommendations but it seems the non-KZ recommendations use classic 2 pin whereas the AZ10 is QDC (I'm a total newb when it comes to pinned IEMs so I'm not sure if I got that correct). On a whim I went with the ZAS as it was on their list of compatible IEMs but I might regret it as one reviewer described it as sibilant. Will report back how that goes.

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #41,615 of 62,385
Thx a lot for the recommendations but it seems the non-KZ recommendations use classic 2 pin whereas the AZ10 is QDC (I'm a total newb when it comes to pinned IEMs so I'm not sure if I got that correct). On a whim I went with the ZAS as it was on their list of compatible IEMs but I might regret it as one reviewer described it as sibilant. Will report back how that goes.
I freaking love the ZAS. Good choice man. One of my favs. The bass is wonderful. Anyways, so as far as the connection..... This is entirely up to you but what I did was take an exact knife and just cut the little hood away on the connection ends and..... Now I can attach it to any 2 pin. Easy to cut away as well. But... If you already have the kz ZAS then awesome... No cutting needed. Ya to me the ZAS punch above thier price so very well, and they are a really nice looking set, built really well. Cool man

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #41,616 of 62,385
Does anyone have those Amazfit Powerbuds? I am somewhat intrigued, they remind me a lot of my very first TWS, the Jabras with HR monitoring. Too bad though (as I found in one review on wearable) they do not act as an ext. hR monitor (e.g. to communicate with my garmin) anyways, detachable earhooks is a fun concept. AND after coupons I could get them for 32.99$ ….
Verdict?
E76DAC54-6CCD-474E-ADF2-2E6B4236DDD5.jpeg

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #41,618 of 62,385
Awesome.... Let's pray you don't have the issues. I absolutley am in love with these. They are sooo nice. I'm telling you, the dac inside has very nice tonality, I have yet to put an iem on them that didn't sound good... Good for you man
OK - I have the Timeless connected to the UTWS5 so this is gonna be an interesting observation. I will preface that I do not consider myself an audiophile by any means but let's just say I am above average and am more critical about the sound signature that I really enjoy so I will do my best to describe in lamens terms what I am experiencing.

First off, I plugged the Timeless into my FiiO M7 DAP with the physical cord and jumped right into a few my favourite playlists just to see how it performs with a physical cable. It sounded good but a little bright for my taste and it didn't quite have the same level of warmth that I typically enjoy. The tonality is very pleasing to my ears but the trebles (highs) were a little too shrill and harsh for me. The mids are beautiful though and very detailed, clear and vocals are not lost in the mix. Not as recessed as others have claimed (to my ears at least) The mid-bass was 'ok' and I would say it's the same for the sub-bass.

Moving on to connecting them to the UTWS5 with Spinfits CP360 XL tips and man, this thing really came to life. I did not expect the sound signature to change so much. The fit is much better for my ears with these spinfits and suddenly the sound is more engaging, thumping in the sub-bass, warmer and just makes me want to start head bobbing to all music genres. The only other point of reference I have are the B&O EQ's so I'm not quite in the territory of having a ton of IEM's to compare but I've had my fair share of basically trying all the well known TWS in the market including the big names PI7's, XM4's, AZ60's, EQ's, LP3, Lypertek Z3s, CA MT/1+, etc...and this is the most clean and detailed set I've listened to so far. I don't' know much about whether a 'burn-in' period will help these sound better but I'm thinking now of returning the EQ's because I think I prefer these overall over the EQ's even in basic functionality and quality of sound. The EQ's sound more warm and with slightly better soundstage/imaging but as an overall package, the Timeless/UTWS5 is pretty phenomenal.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #41,619 of 62,385
Where my budget shoppers at?? Got the rose gold KZ Zex Pro (x Crinacle) and paired them with my AZ09. They sound great! I went ahead and ordered the AZ09 Pro from China. I was sorely tempted to get them from Amazon for delivery Saturday, but decided against paying a $15 impatient idiot tax (not that there’s anything wrong with that!).

Attachments

• BF50ED1B-3229-4357-91F2-6457249DE8F9.jpeg
    BF50ED1B-3229-4357-91F2-6457249DE8F9.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #41,620 of 62,385
OK - I have the Timeless connected to the UTWS5 so this is gonna be an interesting observation. I will preface that I do not consider myself an audiophile by any means but let's just say I am above average and am more critical about the sound signature that I really enjoy so I will do my best to describe in lamens terms what I am experiencing.

First off, I plugged the Timeless into my FiiO M7 DAP with the physical cord and jumped right into a few my favourite playlists just to see how it performs with a physical cable. It sounded good but a little bright for my taste and it didn't quite have the same level of warmth that I typically enjoy. The tonality is very pleasing to my ears but the trebles (highs) were a little too shrill and harsh for me. The mids are beautiful though and very detailed, clear and vocals are not lost in the mix. Not as recessed as others have claimed (to my ears at least) The mid-bass was 'ok' and I would say it's the same for the sub-bass.

Moving on to connecting them to the UTWS5 with Spinfits CP360 XL tips and man, this thing really came to life. I did not expect the sound signature to change so much. The fit is much better for my ears with these spinfits and suddenly the sound is more engaging, thumping in the sub-bass, warmer and just makes me want to start head bobbing to all music genres. The only other point of reference I have are the B&O EQ's so I'm not quite in the territory of having a ton of IEM's to compare but I've had my fair share of basically trying all the TWS in the market including the big names PI7's, XM4's, AZ60's, EQ's, LP3, Lypertek Z3s, CA MT/1+, etc...and this is the most detailed set I've listened to so far. I don't' know much about whether a 'burn-in' period will help these sound better but I'm thinking now of returning the EQ's because I think I prefer these overall over the EQ's even in basic functionality and quality of sound. The EQ's sound more warm and with slightly better soundstage/imaging but as an overall package, the Timeless/UTWS5 is pretty phenomenal.
Yes.... That is exactly what I've been preaching about the utws5. It just so happens that you put a very resolving and detail heavy set on a dac/amp combo that synergizes well with alot of different sound signatures. That may seem simplified but truthfully the Timeless don't replay perfect on everything. For wireless adapters they just nailed it. It is a high quality dac/amp in a form that just makes sense. I think the only problem... Which isn't a problem is the huge case... I can't really just take them anywhere all the time. I love the Fiio adapters around the house, outside, chilling watching stuff on my phone or walks. I'm very glad it worked out for you. Dude I promise I have just a ton of iems and all different sound sigs and what I am astonished by is the fact that they all sound good on the utws5, even the 3 to an extent but definently more so on the 5. Maybe the added punch and the fact that it is hitting well wider on the spectrum... Idk. I spent a bit last night really trying to find a difference and a few tracks it became evident to me that the utws5 just has better resolution, to put it in lazy terms it is just more dynamic. The sub bass digs deeper while the highs reach further yet done tend to get shrill. The Mids aren't tucked way back on them... It's nice. I like where fiio is headed. However a couple friends on here have had issues and I do think they are isolated issues but I Def think you play the lottery with the utws5. Here's to hoping for firmware updates to get out the issues. Timeless is an awesome set and I can only imaging it sounds great on the 5.

Jan 12, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #41,621 of 62,385
Where my budget shoppers at?? Got the rose gold KZ Zex Pro (x Crinacle) and paired them with my AZ09. They sound great! I went ahead and ordered the AZ09 Pro from China. I was sorely tempted to get them from Amazon for delivery Saturday, but decided against paying a $15 impatient idiot tax (not that there’s anything wrong with that!).
I budget shop alot. People don't get it that budget iems nowadays are freaking awesome. Sometimes they surely can sound better than the pricier sets. It doesn't seem right but it's true. I actually just ordered the Zex pro. I was using the regular Zex on the az09 pro but went with the hidizs ms2 instead. It seems the bright nature of the MS2 reacts well to the az09 pro. That's awesome man, Crinacle did a good job on that set I hear

Jan 12, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #41,622 of 62,385
Yes.... That is exactly what I've been preaching about the utws5. It just so happens that you put a very resolving and detail heavy set on a dac/amp combo that synergizes well with alot of different sound signatures. That may seem simplified but truthfully the Timeless don't replay perfect on everything. For wireless adapters they just nailed it. It is a high quality dac/amp in a form that just makes sense. I think the only problem... Which isn't a problem is the huge case... I can't really just take them anywhere all the time. I love the Fiio adapters around the house, outside, chilling watching stuff on my phone or walks. I'm very glad it worked out for you. Dude I promise I have just a ton of iems and all different sound sigs and what I am astonished by is the fact that they all sound good on the utws5, even the 3 to an extent but definently more so on the 5. Maybe the added punch and the fact that it is hitting well wider on the spectrum... Idk. I spent a bit last night really trying to find a difference and a few tracks it became evident to me that the utws5 just has better resolution, to put it in lazy terms it is just more dynamic. The sub bass digs deeper while the highs reach further yet done tend to get shrill. The Mids aren't tucked way back on them... It's nice. I like where fiio is headed. However a couple friends on here have had issues and I do think they are isolated issues but I Def think you play the lottery with the utws5. Here's to hoping for firmware updates to get out the issues. Timeless is an awesome set and I can only imaging it sounds great on the 5.
I agree, everything you're describing is very much what I'm experiencing so far with the combo. Not to mention that I already have a FiiO DAP so the combination altogether is just beautiful. I haven't spent a ton of time with them since they just arrived today but even now, as I am listening to some of my favourite tracks, it's so clean, dynamic and engaging! The sub-bass is phenomenal if you get a proper seal, it's just delicious. I don't want to take these off! I haven't had any issues (yet) with the UTWS5 so knock on wood my pair isn't part of any QC issues. I can honestly say that this is the type of sound signature I just adore and my first experience with Planars. If it had a little better depth/imaging/soundstage these would more than likely be my end game. The more I listen (as I'm typing this) it is just outstanding....holy smokes haha. Totally worth it. I paid $247 CAD taxes in for the Timeless from TTAudio.ca and $192 CAD for the UTWS5 from Headphone Bar if any Canadians are interested/curious :)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #41,624 of 62,385
Does anyone have those Amazfit Powerbuds? I am somewhat intrigued, they remind me a lot of my very first TWS, the Jabras with HR monitoring. Too bad though (as I found in one review on wearable) they do not act as an ext. hR monitor (e.g. to communicate with my garmin) anyways, detachable earhooks is a fun concept. AND after coupons I could get them for 32.99$ ….
Verdict?

If you're referring the Jabra Elite Sport, I still have them. The V2. Battery isn't as good especially after having them for 4 years but they're built like little tanks and the app with the sport tracker and HR monitor are superb. I definitely got my money's worth.
Jabra's still selling them too.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #41,625 of 62,385
If you want a cheap iem with them that have a similar sound to the galaxy buds pro I would probably say the Moondrop SSP. However those may be a hair too much for the Az10 to drive. Maybe just go with the KZ budget lineup like the KZ EDX Pro, which is more V-shaped and it is a bit warm of neutral and I can confirm they are fantastic for budget or kz dq6 which are less warm and need time to burn in, they triple dynamic driver lil beasts, KZ Zex is a good set as well as the cca cra. Honestly there is alot to choose from in the budget price point which are pretty nice, these sets are all under $30. If you could push a bit more I personally really enjoy the Tripowin TC01 and the Tripowin Mele, both can be found for about $40-50. There are a bunch more... What is your budget... I should've prob asked that to begin with
Do you or anyone have the SBC specs for the 10's? I K ow SBC is much more capable and for some God awful reason everyone has dumbed it down to where it sounds like crap. So if KZ is gojng to use it and hype it up, I'd like to see the specs to compare.

In the meantime, I just bought the TRN BT30 and am pairing them with the ZS10pro.

I also have the Buds Pro (and Plus), ColorBuds 2, Elite 75t Active, and KZ ZKS. That's it for the better sounding buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back