Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #39,511 of 62,389
Think you should do it!! One column for CAD, one for US, one for EU. :imp:
You're the devil. I barely have enough patience to care for my toddler LOL. If someone DOES create it, I'd totally help update the deals I see out there.

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #39,514 of 62,389
Everyone has got a price. :gs1000smile:

Nov 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #39,515 of 62,389
I smell a Go Fund Me.

Nov 22, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #39,516 of 62,389
Need to finish my doctor treatment so I can test new arrivals, plus the JVC Victor coming on Friday

16376313129874689363885893282879.jpg

Attachments

• 1637631283844877721407845162012.jpg
    1637631283844877721407845162012.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Nov 22, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #39,517 of 62,389
Need to finish my doctor treatment so I can test new arrivals, plus the JVC Victor coming on Friday

16376313129874689363885893282879.jpg
Definitely curious about the ATH-CKS50TW. Did you get them from Amazon Japan? Or local?

Nov 22, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #39,520 of 62,389
QCY T13. Excellent choice for sound quality (with EQ) and cheap price if you don't need ANC.

53QU2t7.jpg

CffZPHv.jpg

2XoQq8u.jpg

Sound quality is clear and well defined highs and mids without sounding sibilant. Vocals sound natural. Bass is dominant, and sounds big, smooth and powerful. I reduced the bass frequency in the sound EQ settings on my Samsung flip 3 by 2 notches and they sound more balanced with warmth. Soundstage is expansive, not inside the head like most earbuds.

The touch control area is on the back of the buds, not on the stem. Controls can be set in the app. Single tap does nothing, double taps and triple taps can be set in the app, including volume control. Long touch on the buds cannot be customised, left skips a track backwards, right skips track forwards. The touch sensitivity is just right, however triple taps require pretty fast consecutive taps, else it will just register as a double tap. One annoyance is that there is only a beep when the buds are connected to the phone and nothing else. There's no beeps for the touch controls, so there's no confirmation on the touch operation.

Build wise, the earbuds and case themselves are made out of plastic and they feel really light and well made. The led lights on the buds show red when charging and does not light up when connected to the phone or in use. Either sides of the buds can be used singly, and the stereo channels are downmixed into mono when a single bud is used. Wireless range is good, didn't encounter any disruption even in crowded areas. Comfort is excellent, I didn't encounter any pain in the ears even after a few hours of wearing them. Mic quality is good.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #39,521 of 62,389
Hey All, I got the JBL Tour Pro + and the Ear Fun Free Pro 2 this last week and thought do a comparison with these buds:

Sennheiser Momentum 2
Echo Buds 2
Lypertek Tevi
Jabra Elite 85t

I apologize in advance for the ridiculously long review, I spent way to much time on it :wink:

Sound Quality

#1 JBL TP+ / Tevi
(I got tired of playing with the EQ of the JBL's, you could tune them for days, but they respond really well and have great bass response, wide soundstage, clear and detailed mids and highs. they get a little on the bright side, but I was able to get them to sound near identical to the tevi's with better bass.

#2 Momentum 2 (Really great sound all around, hesitated to put these in 2nd, but the EQ is limited and adjusting it really messes with the other freqs. mids by default are pushed forward, they can sound a bit cold to me w/o recessing the mids and they just aren't loud enough, but they are a really lovely tuned TWS.

#3 Ear Fun Free Pro 2 (Incredible bass, non-fatiguing highs with recessed mids. even though I rated them 3 in SQ, this is only due to recessed mids and lack of an eq. not as detailed in the highs and mid highs as it's competitors, but i'd imagine they can be tweaked with an EQ. I have a headphone playlist i've used for testing all my buds and these just made everything even the poorly mastered songs sound good.

#4 Echo Buds 2 ( lots of high mids, good bass and treble, takes some tuning, they sound pretty good but not as good sound as Gen 1 or the other buds on this list.)
#5 Jabra Elite 85t ( They sound better than the Air Pods Pro, EQ is lacking. They aren't unpleasant to listen to, just not exciting)

ANC
#1 Jabra Elite 85t
(The Jabra's are till best in class. If you haven't tried these and love ANC, do it. They are only rivaled by the XM4's. I haven't heard the bose but they are def. both better than the Air Pods Pro especially with it's newest firmware)
#2 Momentum TW2
#3 Ear Fun Free Pro 2
#4 Echo Buds 2
#5 JBL Tour Pro +

Transparency/Ambient
The Elite 85t and the Free Pro 2's both have excellent Transparency modes, the Ear Funs sound warmer, their mics capture better highs than the Elite 85t yet plug more of your ear canals so they don't feel as natural. The JBL's Transparency modes are Very good , but are just plagued with bugs. the Ambient modes shut off and on all the time and have lots of connection issues.

#1 Echo Buds 2
#2 Ear Fun Free Pro 2
#3 Jabra Elite 85t
#4 Momentum TW2
#5 JBL Tour Pro + (kept shutting off)

Phone Calls
#1 Jabra Elite 85t (multi-point, mute button, fully customizable call controls, excellent side tone)
#2 Ear Fun Free Pro 2/ Echo Buds 2 (calls sound great on both. Side tone on the EFFP2's is just Ambient mode, Echo Buds SideTone is fine but quieter also has mute)
#4 JBL TP +/ Lypertek Tevi (the JBL's do not have sidetone while on calls, that's a deal breaker for me, but the call quality was great and they have a mute button.
#5 Momentum TW2 ( Even after the update, the MTW 2's still have intermittent bad call quality. They sound quite good, but I experienced a few connection issues.
#6 Lypertek Tevi (they work fine, but everyone tells me I sound far away)

Summary

The Earfun Free Pro 2 are still my favorite to date. They do everything very well, really great sound, ultra portable, fast connection speed, super comfortable, excellent ambient mode and ANC, wireless charging etc. I got them with with a $25 off coupon for $60 total and even at $80 They are punching way above their weight class.

- Great Bass and sub bass, surprisingly controlled for how prominent it is.
- Some of the best Transparency and ANC in all price ranges. I noticed a very slight mid bass boost when ANC is on, but it's almost not noticeable.
- Lack some clarity in high mids, and mids are recessed, highs are clear detail is 8/10. Soundstage is wide open and not sibilant or painful at loud volumes.
- No app but Control everything except previous track can be controlled (3 second lag between Ambient, Normal and ANC modes)
- Battery lasts a good 6 hours, I switched between ANC and Ambient and they also have quick charge
- Can be used in Mono mode, but the Transparency/ANC modes will turn off if one is placed in the case.

These are simply a pair of earbuds every enthusiast should have in their collection and if you are looking for an all around workhorse that does everything well, this is the pair.

Jabra 85t -
-
Although i'm heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem, the 85t is still the king of Productivity for me.
- Multipoint still has some growing pains, but it's near flawless. I use them at work on zoom, teams, phone calls and listening to books.
- Battery life isn't great, I get about 4-5 hours max
- EQ doesn't do much, sound quality is decent, but not great.
- ANC is some of the best out there and has different levels of adjustment.
- Great transparency mode.

Echo Buds 2 - I also use these weekly at work, they are a great all around bud. They do very well with calls, have very good transparency and ANC is above average. I feel like the battery lasts about 6 hours. They aren't the most comfortable and give me that plugged canal feel. The Controls are somewhat customizable and they have a basic EQ. Def. a great pair of buds for the money and functionality.

Sennheiser Momentum TW2-
- Excellent sounding TWS, that do many things very well
- Big and bulky after a few days I couldn't wear them anymore, they were very uncomfortable.
- Connectivity issues with ios and Mac OS, (they take about 3-5 seconds longer to connect than the Ear Funs and a few times the didn't connect at all.)
- Eqing them is effective but boosting the bass muddles the other freqs.
- Stock sound is really clean and detailed, pushed forward mids sound cold.
Too Expensive. For the Price tag ($200) If they Liberty 3 pro can out perform them in SQ at $150, they should be cheaper. I ended up returning these because they got to be unbearably painful after a couple days of use. also, I LOVED the touch tones, so smart. I wish every manufacturer would get on board with this.

JBL Tour Pro +
- Great Bass, Detail and Clarity, Incredibly EQable,
- Responsive touch controls and tons of features in the app.
- Excellent build quality, nice case, wireless charging, 8 hour battery.
- Plagued by Bugs
- No way to turn off the voice prompts or switch to tones like the MT2's and 85t's.
- No sidetone for calls
- Controls are customizable but akin to the Sony's XM3/XM4 you have to pick different profiles
- ANC is good but doesn't filter out as much low noise as it should. It's fine but nothing special.
- Ambient mode is very good, but also shut off multiple times during use in quiet environment. (It seemed like it was trying to filter out loud noises even though I was in a quiet environment. )

The left ear bud just decided not to connect to my phone one day and I had to put it in the case a couple times to get it to connect.
I paid $99 for them, which frankly is a steal, but they are going back.

The Tevi's are a my rock steady shower buds, the buttons on them are really hard to press, they aren't great for calls, there is no ANC or Transparency but with a little EQing they sound excellent. They are still one of the best sounding earbuds I have heard to date.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #39,522 of 62,389
Picked up the Earfree Fun Pro 2, these are proper little bass canons. It might be too much for most of what I listen to but it definitely makes me want to pick up the Fiil T2 Pro (that's the T1 Pro in the back) to listen to these with a tamer sound and some EQ.

Case and buds are a little bit smaller than the previous model, comfort is about the same (very comfortable for me), ANC seems pretty much as useless as the T1 Pro unfortunately, ambient mode seems better but introduces a faint hiss to everything.

Overall a good shout for anyone after something for about £50 with some heavy bass for those genres that need it, definitely a great gym headphone recommendation.
Just Curious are you using the stock tips? I've had fantastic results with ANC on mine, They seem to focus more on lower frequencies. In my comparison I tested these and some others standing right in front of a really loud 500 MM fan and they did a fantastic job. I can't even hear road or engine noise in my car when driving. I didn't notice any hiss using ambient mode. 🤷‍♂️

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #39,523 of 62,389
I actually just returned the AZ60 as well. A very good set but with something lacking for me. Perhaps I am chasing something which does not exist, however I am chasing nonetheless. The AZ60 have an issue with complicated tracks. For me they lack in some areas of the bass and have certain areas of the spectrum with graininess. Please don't get me wrong any of you who enjoy the AZ60 should be happy.... I'm just a crazy person. I sti primarily listen to iems thru dongle, dap, qudelix or btr5 but I am on the hunt for the best SQ out there in a tws and if I'm not completely happy than why hold onto a $240 set of tws?
What's the difference in the AZ60 and the AZ70? I had the AZ70 for a week when it launched I remember it sounded pretty good, but all the other features were pretty poor.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #39,524 of 62,389
Somehow I find myself pondering the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro again … maybe they were mentioned in one too many YT videos … but I recall when there was all the initial talk / hype / first impressions that I walked away with ‘nah, not for me’ … but heck if I can recall what that was … anyone? What are / were the downsides of the L3Pro?

Also, fellow Amazon.jp shoppers. Are there ever any real specials on TWS other than the standard coupons on no name crap? Will there be any Black Friday sales? Apparently Black Friday is a big thing here now as well judging by the decoration / BF branded TP here.
E89D0FCC-42AB-4C2D-8BED-A74A512EB6BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back