Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 23, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #39,526 of 62,443
Somehow I find myself pondering the Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro again … maybe they were mentioned in one too many YT videos … but I recall when there was all the initial talk / hype / first impressions that I walked away with ‘nah, not for me’ … but heck if I can recall what that was … anyone? What are / were the downsides of the L3Pro?

Also, fellow Amazon.jp shoppers. Are there ever any real specials on TWS other than the standard coupons on no name crap? Will there be any Black Friday sales? Apparently Black Friday is a big thing here now as well judging by the decoration / BF branded TP here.
The 6 big negatives on the L3Pro are:
1. It needs significant playing with the app to get it to sound to your liking and the treble might still be too aggressive/artificial for you. I managed to great sound though, perhaps the best of my (cheap) TWS collection, after a lot of fiddling. You may not or can't be bothered to fiddle.
2. The case is annoying to put the 'phones back into the case. You kind of get used to it though.
3. Battery life is average on ANC (below 6 hours for me), below average on calls (4hrs) and if you use LDAC+Talk then it is borderline
4. On multi-device connection, simple things work (like pause on one, play on another, dual connections) especially on two phones but complex ones fail especially on computers.
5. Occasional dropouts for me. Not enough to be annoying but not as stable as say Airpods Pro.
6. ANC acceptable but beaten by quite a few other TWS

They are keepers for me because the sound is great, the microphone quality pretty good especially outside, the controls have everything except for mute, the comfort is good, the security in my ears excellent because of the wings and all the rest is acceptable. Oh, and the LEDs to light up the case, are a brilliant idea. At the price I got them as an early buyer they are great value but maybe just average at retail price today.

Nov 23, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #39,528 of 62,443
What's the current best neckband adapter?

I'm starting to realize that maybe for my use case a neckband adapter might make more sense than TWS adapters and the tradeoffs with a TWS adapter are not worthwhile.

Is there any neckband adapter with a charging case or Qi wireless charging?

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #39,529 of 62,443
Same. I wound up returning the LP3s as well. Drove me nuts. I have to admit, the KEH Mu3s sound very good with the stock sound. Been rocking them against the AZ60 all day and they sound so much nicer to my old ears.
I've passed up the Kef mu3's for quite some time now. I got hung up on codec support for some reason. Something in my brain sees "only SBC/AAC" and I instantly move on. Maybe I'll take a closer look at these. I have only ever seen good things and I know that there really is no difference between AAC and aptx. The Lypertek soundfree s20 only have AAC and they are some of the best budget sets for SQ period and I have really enjoyed that set. Thanks man I pretty much forgot these exist

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #39,530 of 62,443

I'm starting to realize that maybe for my use case a neckband adapter might make more sense than TWS adapters and the tradeoffs with a TWS adapter are not worthwhile.

Not any with a charging case that I know of. There are a few I have owned or tried.
Fiio LCbt2 is really good man. Ldac, sufficient driving power, you do need a set of iems with this.
Shanling has a neckband style with damn near the same specs.
You can get for a massive discount now the 1more Triple Driver bt neckband which carries LDAC. I think I saw it for around 50 bucks recently and the sound is really quite good.
The most powerful I have owned is a very nice neckband set which needs to also be paired with some iems is the Ikko Arc Itb05. It is a beast (for bt neckbands) which has I believe 65 mw @32 ohms and aptx-hd. Really a great bt adapter.
I don't know if this type is what you are referring to but I have owned/own and tried these all and I have liked each one.

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #39,531 of 62,443
Hmm, mtw2 dropped to $160 on Amazon. I don't plan on buying it, but still very good price

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #39,532 of 62,443
Hmm, mtw2 dropped to $160 on Amazon. I don't plan on buying it, but still very good price
I was about to buy these and then checked some reviews and saw that these may have low volume issues? I don't know if this is correct, I owned the Senny cx400bt and those were okay in the volume category. I was about to post the new price on Amazon with this question... Do the mtw2 have decent headroom in volume after updates to the firmware?

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #39,533 of 62,443
Does anyone happen to have any comment/comparison between the Momentum 2 and the AZ60, from primarily a sound quality perspective, but also I guess overall too?
MTW2 has slightly better vocals and soundstage, but AZ60 are better overall imo. AZ60 has more mid-bass, more 4K-8k treble, louder, much better mics, LDAC and smaller case.
I've returned my AZ60 today and got refunded already. In overall, they were a nice pair, they sounded good. Bluetooth connectivity was weak, meaning the phone should be in the same room with me. Also, the fit was not the optimum, on a windy day I could hear the wind passing through on peaceful songs. I never took them while jogging but something tells me they are not meant for sports, because one day, while brushing my teeth and leaning over, one felt off my ear. In any case, I enjoyed them and for fifty pounds less, they would be a bargain.

Today, I've also received these. I've just started burning them in, they require 200+ hours... The fit is amazing, and I sincerely hope they will open up and play better = more bass. I believe they will pair well with my FiiO UTWS5, which arrives around December 13.

I actually just returned the AZ60 as well. A very good set but with something lacking for me. Perhaps I am chasing something which does not exist, however I am chasing nonetheless. The AZ60 have an issue with complicated tracks. For me they lack in some areas of the bass and have certain areas of the spectrum with graininess. Please don't get me wrong any of you who enjoy the AZ60 should be happy.... I'm just a crazy person. I sti primarily listen to iems thru dongle, dap, qudelix or btr5 but I am on the hunt for the best SQ out there in a tws and if I'm not completely happy than why hold onto a $240 set of tws?
I know what you guys mean, I find AZ60 really good but they are missing the sub-bass and soundstage/instrument separation so makes it feel like something is missing. I am holding onto these though as they are really good multipurpose TWS (specially with mic quality and mute shortcut).

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #39,534 of 62,443
MTW2 has slightly better vocals and soundstage, but AZ60 are better overall imo. AZ60 has more mid-bass, more 4K-8k treble, louder, much better mics, LDAC and smaller case.

I know what you guys mean, I find AZ60 really good but they are missing the sub-bass and soundstage/instrument separation so makes it feel like something is missing. I am holding onto these though as they are really good multipurpose TWS (specially with mic quality and mute shortcut).
The AZ60 is a very nice all around set for sure. If I didn't have 10 other sets tws.... Man that sounds bad.... Then I would prob keep them as well. Just a few things that that prompted me to take them back and mainly the price tag versus the overall sound quality for my tastes. You should be happy though man... AZ60 are nice

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #39,535 of 62,443
I was about to buy these and then checked some reviews and saw that these may have low volume issues? I don't know if this is correct, I owned the Senny cx400bt and those were okay in the volume category. I was about to post the new price on Amazon with this question... Do the mtw2 have decent headroom in volume after updates to the firmware?
I had the CX Plus and they were definitely louder than the MTW2. That was one of my gripes with the MTW2. They didn't get as loud as others.

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #39,536 of 62,443

I have the V-Moda Hexamove Pro coming tomorrow. They're modular and include an neckband and/or hooks for use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09BTKNWGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #39,537 of 62,443
I had the CX Plus and they were definitely louder than the MTW2. That was one of my gripes with the MTW2. They didn't get as loud as others.
I appreciate that man. I actually just ordered the Single DD Hiby WH2. I figured I will give them a try. They are for the first time (to my knowledge) on Amazon. $149.00 with a 5% coupon. We shall see how they stack up in the price point. Thanks again about the MTW2, saves me from finding out on my own.

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #39,538 of 62,443
Nov 23, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #39,539 of 62,443
I see London Drugs now has the AZ60 and AZ40 available and on sale in Canada, $199 and $149 respectively.

One thing I am wondering is if they have just used the drivers from the older Panasonic Models in these. I say this because the driver size is exactly the same from the Panasonic ANC model to AZ60 and the non ANC model to the AZ40. If so, regardless of the addition of LDAC and MultiPoint they would sound no better than the old RZS500 model for the most part which might account to some of the negative criticism. I know when I bought the AZ70 it was precisely why I chose them over the Panasonic models. Great price though so still tempting especially since I could use one TWS for music and my computer for Teams meetings.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #39,540 of 62,443
I know I asked this like 6 months ago, but what's the current best wireless neckbuds? (not true wireless but plain wireless). I am curious if anyone bought something decent lately that is worth checking out. It would be a gift and not for me so perhaps under $150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back