Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #39,451 of 62,400
Just a note for all users, had to take a recent trip and during my rush to travel only had one set of TWS units with me, within 3 days of the trip I have been using the TWS for calls, music,etc. Started to experience itching, etc and replaced tips, etc. My right ear started to experience all issues of itching , oozing,etc . The Galaxy Buds Pro were the ones that I had for the trip. Just arrived home from travel and trying to make an appointment for doctor as this is an allergic reaction but may become an infection due to the oozing. It is evident that something really is going on.

As I have an array of TWS, never actually use these for whole days because I vary them depending what I am doing. So in thinking about it I have never had the Galaxy Pro's for more than 1hr at a time and that could be the reason why in the past never had any reaction.

The whole process matched some of the information out there, itch starts, stop using and itching goes away. You start using and the itching comes back again and if you dont stop something happens and your ear reacts. I doubt its the tips, this has to be the housing material or the metal in the connectors.

I am floored as I did not really thought would be an issue for me as I use a lot of TWS units, continously use fresh tips or even clean them with a gentle solution that is sold for hearing aids ( tip from another Headfier)

This has bummed me out and I hope I can get to a doctor before I get a full ear infection
That’s terrible, my friend. I clean the tips and the insides of my ears with a disposable alcohol wipe before and after use, but mostly to keep a good seal.

Nov 20, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #39,452 of 62,400
Well I finally feel like I have a nice collection of TWS:
1) Devialet w/ Acoustune AET08 - astonishing sound but bad for the treadmill and chewing (popping sound)
2) B&O EQ w/ foam tips - incredible sound and fit
3) Klipsch Mcclaren ANC - I absolutely love these things
4) Bose NC (best noise canceling)
(5) NUARL N6 Pro
(6) Jabra 65 - oldies but goodies
(7) Fiio UTSW3 + JH Lola - astonishing sound. wish they had NC

I also have the Sony XM3s but I hate them. I have the KEF mu3’s which sound amazing but I’m on my second pair and these ones have problems too

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #39,453 of 62,400
Well I finally feel like I have a nice collection of TWS:
1) Devialet w/ Acoustune AET08 - astonishing sound but bad for the treadmill and chewing (popping sound)
2) B&O EQ w/ foam tips - incredible sound and fit
3) Klipsch Mcclaren ANC - I absolutely love these things
4) Bose NC (best noise canceling)
(5) NUARL N6 Pro
(6) Jabra 65 - oldies but goodies
(7) Fiio UTSW3 + JH Lola - astonishing sound. wish they had NC

I also have the Sony XM3s but I hate them. I have the KEF mu3’s which sound amazing but I’m on my second pair and these ones have problems too
You have the popping sound with the Devialets too :frowning2:
Only on the left side, as me?

I'm curious about the Klipsch. Sound vs Devialet? ANC/Transparency any good?

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #39,455 of 62,400
That’s terrible, my friend. I clean the tips and the insides of my ears with a disposable alcohol wipe before and after use, but mostly to keep a good seal.
Well , just a follow up. I got placed on a short treatment of antibiotics plus steroid cream. Doctor indicated that something may have created a reaction that damaged my skin and also created the other symptoms. My ear did not have any build up of wax or other triggers traditionally associated with ear issues. He did state that if I do get itchy after using certain earbuds or tips to ditch these as these my be associated to certain polymers that create irritation and if use over time could create damage to tissue, he also mentioned that only use cleaning or other products approved for “hearing” , he warned about cleaning tips with alcohol, alcohol based mouth wash and some other solutions as residue will remain and over time this will create irritation. He asked me to avoid earphones for at least to allow steroid cream to work uninterrupted

Go figure :frowning2:

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #39,456 of 62,400
Well , just a follow up. I got placed on a short treatment of antibiotics plus steroid cream. Doctor indicated that something may have created a reaction that damaged my skin and also created the other symptoms. My ear did not have any build up of wax or other triggers traditionally associated with ear issues. He did state that if I do get itchy after using certain earbuds or tips to ditch these as these my be associated to certain polymers that create irritation and if use over time could create damage to tissue, he also mentioned that only use cleaning or other products approved for “hearing” , he warned about cleaning tips with alcohol, alcohol based mouth wash and some other solutions as residue will remain and over time this will create irritation. He asked me to avoid earphones for at least to allow steroid cream to work uninterrupted

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #39,457 of 62,400

Seems like good news re: prognosis. Thanks for info re: alcohol, too.

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #39,458 of 62,400
Anyone got the Tronsmart Onyx Prime yet? Putting them through testing today, not bad at all. Surprisingly very impressive.

I just got my Onyx Prime a couple of days ago, it's surprisingly good sounding with capable drivers performance. my only major gripe at this moment is that app conectivity is quite wonky: every time i paired it to the app, the next time i put it in and out of the case the unit won't pair again to my phones, with the only solution is to unpair and re-pair them again to the phone (and not connecting it to the app)

also have you successfully updated the unit's firmware yet? i tried it several times but it keeps getting my failed instalation message..and after that i have to reset the unit (because it won't pair again unless i reset it)

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #39,459 of 62,400
So tempting, can get the AZ60 for $199Cad, unfortunately I can't do 14 day pay on delivery from PayPal so will have to wait...

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #39,460 of 62,400
I'm getting some really excellent sounds out of the new Tronsmart Onyx Prime's. No ANC or ambient - just really dynamic, detailed and yet comfortable sound.

Bass is a little strident but it can be tamed with their app which now offers a multi-band EQ as well as being able to re-configure the touch controls. With a little EQ they have a similar character to the Sony WF1000XM3's but with a little more detail in the high end.

I think their current 'Black Friday' price is around 47 Euros.

I've just posted a review.

https://www.tronsmart.com/products/tronsmart-onyx-prime-dual-driver-wireless-earbuds

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #39,461 of 62,400
So tempting, can get the AZ60 for $199Cad, unfortunately I can't do 14 day pay on delivery from PayPal so will have to wait...

Personally, I’m on the fence and not sure if they are better than their predecessor based on what I have been reading.
Seems like they added more bass, more warmth and tamed the highs with the new model and soundstage according to a couple of reviews is nothing special.

The price is tempting but I have a feeling might be disappointed.

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #39,462 of 62,400
Personally, I’m on the fence and not sure if they are better than their predecessor based on what I have been reading.
Seems like they added more bass, more warmth and tamed the highs with the new model and soundstage according to a couple of reviews is nothing special.

The price is tempting but I have a feeling might be disappointed.
You could very well be right. The fact is I do have the Samsung Buds Pro which have a bit heavier mid-bass but maintain the highs and they work well in the wind. So might be better waiting. Will see if they are still on sale when I get paid :wink:. If not I am definitely not paying full retail...

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #39,463 of 62,400
You could very well be right. The fact is I do have the Samsung Buds Pro which have a bit heavier mid-bass but maintain the highs and they work well in the wind. So might be better waiting. Will see if they are still on sale when I get paid :wink:. If not I am definitely not paying full retail...

I mean, if you really need the features of the AZ60 I think it makes sense but to me, for me current rotation I think I'm covered and sort of doubting myself if I really need something new to play around with it or it's just chasing something that doesn't exist lol

The 1More Comfobuds Pro suffer wind noise at times but they have the Noise Reduction feature and it works like a charm.

Are you still using the Sennheiser CX 400BT?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #39,464 of 62,400
I recommend you all to try out Earfun Free Pro gen1 with Oluv EQ settings (you need to subscribe to his Patreon for a month). As a Stax guy, I found that these sound pretty cheap and bloated out of the box and to be honest I couldn't continue listening session more than 10 minutes at first. However, with some EQ tricks it sounds way better than the most tws in ears out there including the most expensive ones. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #39,465 of 62,400
You have the popping sound with the Devialets too :frowning2:
Only on the left side, as me?

I'm curious about the Klipsch. Sound vs Devialet? ANC/Transparency any good?
Ha right side too my friend :frowning2: I’ve accepted this limitation, but it is a little frustrating at this price point.

Man I’m not sure I could even pick between these and the Klipsch II ANC Mcclaren, sound wise. The fit is much better on the Klipsch (for me personally) and i love the controls.

looks like they’re On sale at amazon for $249!

Klipsch T5 II Active Noise Cancelling ANC True Wireless Earphones McLaren Edition with AI Hands-Free Operation, Bluetooth 5.0, Best Fitting Earbuds with Patented Comfort, and a Wireless Charging Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PG4LMPW/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back