Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 13, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #39,332 of 62,135
Has anyone tried the WF-C500? Curious how they sound. Reviews suggest they are a brighter signature so might be an interesting no frills TWS if you like Sony sound.

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #39,333 of 62,135
B&O sent me replacement finally and after being content with Technics AZ60, listened to the EQ again and wow the rich mids, instrument separation, forward sounding guitar chords accuracy is simply the best I have heard in TWS world. Such a pity these do not have good microphone, audio track controls or mute shortcuts while costing $400 and the buds being relatively larger in size...

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #39,334 of 62,135
I went into the system settings and cleared the system cache. You have to go to the boot up menu. It brought the volume back to where it is supposed to be... Believe it or not
I am clearing the cache on my Android phone multiple times per day, to close all the Apps. It has an App called Cleaner, which clears cache, the memory, any residual files etc. Are you referring to something different?

By the way, I've packed the Melomania 1+ and I will return them tomorrow. The more I am listening to the Technics AZ60, the more I like them! I also own the Melomania 1, so I am covered. The next device I will try will be the FiiO UTWS5 when it will become available on Amazon, and IF it will be capable of driving my TRI I3 - still waiting for an answer at their thread

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #39,336 of 62,135
I am clearing the cache on my Android phone multiple times per day, to close all the Apps. It has an App called Cleaner, which clears cache, the memory, any residual files etc. Are you referring to something different?

By the way, I've packed the Melomania 1+ and I will return them tomorrow. The more I am listening to the Technics AZ60, the more I like them! I also own the Melomania 1, so I am covered. The next device I will try will be the FiiO UTWS5 when it will become available on Amazon, and IF it will be capable of driving my TRI I3 - still waiting for an answer at their thread
Ya so you have to go into the system boot. Menu. On the Galaxy note 10+ I turn off and then hold the power button and volume down... If I remember correctly. I held that until the boot menu pops up and from there I found the option to clear the system cache... Not app cache. It honestly helped alot, esp with the AZ60. I also did this a couple years ago and it helped... Oddly enough. I can't say it will help every situation or device but it certainly did mine. I actually connected my az60 to my Fiio m11 just to test the volume prior to the cache clearing. The volume was very much higher on the m11. I'm thinking wth! Then I remembered... Clear cache.

Glad you decided to keep these man, they are a great set and I don't blame you at all for returning the melomania 1+ if you already have the previous version. The AZ60 are a slick set, and, they only get better.. Imo. For all the features and far above average SQ I would say these a are close to the most complete set. At least from what I have heard. This is only my opinion. Dude the second I can purchase the utws5 trust me... I am getting them. I really enjoy the Utws3... Alot. I can only imagine how much better the 5 will be. I have to think it would drive the tri I3 pro. I can see why you would be hesitant though.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #39,337 of 62,135
B&O sent me replacement finally and after being content with Technics AZ60, listened to the EQ again and wow the rich mids, instrument separation, forward sounding guitar chords accuracy is simply the best I have heard in TWS world. Such a pity these do not have good microphone, audio track controls or mute shortcuts while costing $400 and the buds being relatively larger in size...
These still do not have track controls!!? Wth are they doing! That to me is a deal break as I use those controls often. I was very close to getting them but..... Freaking track controls... Makes zero sense

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #39,339 of 62,135
Thinking I might hit buy on this combo...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211113-212807_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211113-212807_Chrome.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 13, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #39,340 of 62,135
You're killing me. Those EQ are one of my all time favorites. I let them go because of driver flex (popping sound) on some tracks. I totally agree with you, they do sound wonderful. I keep hoping Amazon will have then at 100 off so I can stupidly pull the trigger again.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #39,341 of 62,135
You're killing me. Those EQ are one of my all time favorites. I let them go because of drive flex (popping sound) on some tracks. I totally agree with you, they do sound wonderful. I keep hoping Amazon will have then at 100 off so I can stupidly pull the trigger again.
Heh.. wait before you pull the trigger. However, once you hear the EQs, everything else sounds tinny/inferior in comparison. I actually get joy from experiencing the music on these. MTW2 were the others that I actually felt the music on. Technics AZ60 sound good but lack of soundstage, instrument separation and sub bass extension these are very good but don't get that joy factor. On these replacement EQs, I upgraded the firmware and hoped these replacements will at least not have the same issues I had with right side bud not playing music, laggy touch controls etc.

Guess what? The issues still persist. When I take these out from the case there is a 60/40 chance right bud won't play music. Reluctantly so, but I am gonna just return these now. I'd have kept these even with the terrible mic, track controls etc. but at the minimum these need to play the darn music as they do it better than anything else out there. The mids on these are BETTER than over ear H95 that I own as well...

I think B&O need to sort these issues via firmware update and then we suckers will buy these back LOL

These still do not have track controls!!? Wth are they doing! That to me is a deal break as I use those controls often. I was very close to getting them but..... Freaking track controls... Makes zero sense
The funny thing is that I own over ear H95 and those have track controls so no idea why B&O thought it's fine to exclude this feature on their flagship TWS...

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #39,342 of 62,135
You're killing me. Those EQ are one of my all time favorites. I let them go because of drive flex (popping sound) on some tracks. I totally agree with you, they do sound wonderful. I keep hoping Amazon will have then at 100 off so I can stupidly pull the trigger again.
I definitely buy them again if they get $100+ off. They look so nice. I had popping sound issue too but it was not too noticeable. I returned them because I spent too much on wired IEM, and a portable bluetooth DAC/ AMPs like Fiio BTR5 they are small enough to put everything in my front pocket and I don’t need to plug the IEM into my phone. It is not convenient as TWS and lack of ANC but SQ is so much better.

Ya 400 is obnoxious. There's no way they sound 400 good
Yes. It sounds ok but for me, it lacks of imaging, details what I expect from $400. Of course, ANC and battery life is good but it is not enough to become a keeper.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #39,343 of 62,135
Heh.. wait before you pull the trigger. However, once you hear the EQs, everything else sounds tinny/inferior in comparison. I actually get joy from experiencing the music on these. Upgraded the firmware and hoped these replacements will at least not have the same issues I had with right side bud not playing music, laggy touch controls etc.

Guess what? The issues still persist. When I take these out from the case there is a 60/40 chance right bud won't play music. Reluctantly so, but I am gonna just return these now. I'd have kept these even with the terrible mic, track controls etc. but at the minimum these need to play the darn music as they do it better than anything else out there. The mids on these are BETTER than over ear H95 that I own as well...

I think B&O need to sort these issues via firmware update and then we suckers will buy these back LOL

The funny thing is that I own over ear H95 and those have track controls so no idea why B&O thought it's fine to exclude this feature on their flagship TWS...
Ugh, that's awful. I had three different pairs myself. Major QC issues. Such a shame because I loved the sound they put out.

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #39,345 of 62,135
Heh.. wait before you pull the trigger. However, once you hear the EQs, everything else sounds tinny/inferior in comparison. I actually get joy from experiencing the music on these. MTW2 were the others that I actually felt the music on. Technics AZ60 sound good but lack of soundstage, instrument separation and sub bass extension these are very good but don't get that joy factor. On these replacement EQs, I upgraded the firmware and hoped these replacements will at least not have the same issues I had with right side bud not playing music, laggy touch controls etc.

And why no update to add track controls? So weird. The simplest of functions, and it isn't as though the people have not raised this question. Bizarre.... $400 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back