Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #38,611 of 62,441
I dont think the l3p sound thin, either but they do in Normal mode. The other two ambient modes really thicken them out. I just dont want to stay on anc and have crap battery life and i dont know if transparency is any better. I dont wear them enough to know or find out.
Yes, ANC has a little bit more mid bass by not much but noticeable to me. The bass is a touch punchier too.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #38,612 of 62,441
Has anyone here had a chance to check out the Nuarl N10 Plus? I've been curious of Nuarl for quite awhile but lack of reviews keep me away. I know the N6 Pro 2 has gotten some very good reviews this year. "Brian Unboxed" did a review as well as "Gamesky" but I just didn't get enough info about how they actually sound, hoping for someone who has actually spent some time with these.
I don't have the N6P2 but the N6P is one of the best sounding TWS I've ever heard. Since I don't have many higher or more expensive TWS, I will make a comparison with moondrop Aria later.

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #38,613 of 62,441
Yeah the transparency mode in the L3P is not loud enough but it is noticeable when you are cycling thru the 3 modes. The good thing is that it sounds quite natural and not robotic but yeah you need to pause your music to be able to hear using the mode.
How do they Grado GT220's compare to the Lypertek Tevi? They seem grossly overpriced for what they offer.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #38,614 of 62,441
I don't have the N6P2 but the N6P is one of the best sounding TWS I've ever heard. Since I don't have many higher or more expensive TWS, I will make a comparison with moondrop Aria later.
Nice... I love the Aria... Reverse starline tips, upgrade cable... I'll look forward to seeing that, but man... N6p would have some tough shoes to fill. Cool

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #38,615 of 62,441
Nice... I love the Aria... Reverse starline tips, upgrade cable... I'll look forward to seeing that, but man... N6p would have some tough shoes to fill. Cool
I haven't really compare tws to wired iem, but I don't think n6p lacking in sound quality.
I choose the Aria as I think it is a pretty good base to compare to.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #38,616 of 62,441
Has anyone here had a chance to check out the Nuarl N10 Plus? I've been curious of Nuarl for quite awhile but lack of reviews keep me away. I know the N6 Pro 2 has gotten some very good reviews this year. "Brian Unboxed" did a review as well as "Gamesky" but I just didn't get enough info about how they actually sound, hoping for someone who has actually spent some time with these.
I’ve had them for a few months now. I posted about them earlier in the thread. Used them as my daily driver everyday until my L3P arrived last week (and I may still go back to the N10, haven’t decided). They sound great out of the box – I’ve yet to find TWS tuned so well, though I hear the N6P2 sound slightly better. Fantastic clarity and never too harsh. They have multipoint (I don’t think that’s offered by the N6P2), decent but not amazing mics, and passable ANC. Battery life is solid. The app is a bit limited; for example, it only has preset EQs of Flat, Clarity, and the Default setting that I prefer.

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #38,618 of 62,441
Here ya go... https://www.victor.jp/headphones/wireless/ha-fw1000t/

JVC KENWOOD announced the HA-FW1000T, a model from the Victor brand that achieved high sound quality equivalent to wired high-class earphones by installing its own "wood" diaphragm for the first time in a completely wireless earphone . It will be released from the beginning of November. Although it is an open price, it is expected to be sold for around 39,600 yen including tax.

HA-FW1000T

For the first time, the "WOOD" diaphragm, which the company has developed for JVC brand and JVC brand wired earphones / headphones as the "WOOD series", has been introduced into completely wireless earphones. It is said that it was developed with the concept of "complete wireless earphones that can enjoy full-scale high-quality sound of wired high-class earphones", and it is equipped with a large-diameter 11mm wood dome carbon driver that uses the same grade materials and technology as wired high-class earphones. So, it is appealing that it will realize "full-scale high-quality sound".

Charging case

The company explained that "wood" has a high sound propagation speed and excellent vibration damping characteristics, making it an ideal material for diaphragms. By combining a wood dome processed with "wood" with a carbon-coated PET diaphragm, the propagation speed and damping characteristics are improved. In addition to the large-diameter 11mm wood dome carbon diaphragm, the wood dome carbon driver uses the same grade materials and technology as wired high-class earphones such as stainless steel driver cases.

Also equipped with a noise canceling function. In addition to the hybrid active noise canceling function that employs two microphones, the latest noise canceling technology Qualcomm Adaptive Noise Canceling, which provides a high noise canceling effect, is adopted.

With this technology, by constantly monitoring the state of wearing on the ear, the noise canceling level is automatically corrected even if the wearing is misaligned. We are trying to obtain a stable and high noise canceling effect at any time.

In addition, the earpiece also comes with a newly developed "Spiral Dot Pro Earpiece", which enhances the passive noise canceling effect. In addition, since the noise canceling function can be turned on even during a call, it is also appealing that it is possible to talk comfortably even in a noisy environment such as when going out.

For wireless music signal transmission, the completely wireless earphones are equipped with the original digital high-quality sound technology "K2 technology" for the first time. It is said that the high frequency band of compressed and deteriorated digital sound sources and minute signals are expanded to reproduce high sound quality equivalent to high resolution with quality approaching that of the original master. Since the earphone side determines the codec type and performs signal processing, the effect of this technology can be obtained regardless of the device to be connected.

In addition to SBC, AAC, and aptX, the Bluetooth codec supports high-resolution compatible high-quality sound codec aptX Adaptive audio that supports up to 96kHz / 24bit. Wireless transmission with higher sound quality is possible when connecting to a smartphone or player that supports aptX Adaptive.

Supports Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring, a left-right independent transmission technology. In addition to supporting Bluetooth Ver.5.2 and Power Class 1, the stability of the wireless connection is also improved by adopting a high-performance LDS antenna.

As mentioned above, the earpiece uses the newly developed "Spiral Dot Pro Earpiece". Comes with 5 sizes (S, MS, M, ML, L).

In the same earpiece, the conventional "spiral dot" that suppresses the turbidity of the sound and realizes a clear sound by diffusing the reflected sound by arranging the dots in a spiral shape on the inner wall and optimizing the balance with the direct sound. ], A new spiral convex shape has been added. The overall form has also been modified to improve the reproducibility of even more delicate sounds. In addition, a soft grade silicone material is used to improve the fit and tightness. At this time, there are no plans to sell this earpiece separately.

The "Tuned by VICTOR STUDIO" logo is also added to indicate that the sound is recognized by professionals at the music production site. Victor Studio engineers are participating in the sound quality tuning of this unit, and they are injecting the studio engineer's knowledge of sound into JVC KENWOOD's acoustic design technology.

Newly adopted 100-step volume step and mounting sensor. It is possible to finely adjust the volume in 100 steps like a full-scale audio device, and it is possible to smoothly adjust the volume to your liking according to the song or situation. In addition, the mounting sensor prevents erroneous touch operations and automatically selects the appropriate operation mode according to the usage scene.

Equipped with a new "mask mode" that corrects the muffled voice when wearing a mask. In addition, the earphone body is equipped with a call microphone on / off function so that the microphone can be easily switched to mute without operating the connected device, making it suitable for teleworking. In addition, you can talk on either the left or right side with just one ear, and it also uses Qualcomm cVc noise canceling technology and a high-performance MEMS microphone.

Equipped with a touch and talk function that lowers the volume of music with a single touch and captures external sounds with a microphone. In addition, the body shape adopts a curve along the ear. The shape of the body, which comes into contact with the ears on a wide surface, realizes a comfortable and stable fit.

As for battery performance, a maximum of 9 hours of continuous playback with the main unit alone and a maximum of 27 hours of long-term playback can be achieved by combining a full charge with the charging case. It also supports quick charging, which allows playback for up to 1.5 hours with a 10-minute charge.

In addition, IPX4 equivalent water resistant specifications are also adopted. The power is turned on just by removing the earphones from the charging case, and it is equipped with an auto-on & auto-connect function that allows automatic wireless connection, and it also supports activation of the voice assistant function of smartphones.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #38,619 of 62,441
Here ya go...

JVC KENWOOD announced the HA-FW1000T, a model from the Victor brand that achieved high sound quality equivalent to wired high-class earphones by installing its own "wood" diaphragm for the first time in a completely wireless earphone . It will be released from the beginning of November. Although it is an open price, it is expected to be sold for around 39,600 yen including tax.

HA-FW1000T

For the first time, the "WOOD" diaphragm, which the company has developed for JVC brand and JVC brand wired earphones / headphones as the "WOOD series", has been introduced into completely wireless earphones. It is said that it was developed with the concept of "complete wireless earphones that can enjoy full-scale high-quality sound of wired high-class earphones", and it is equipped with a large-diameter 11mm wood dome carbon driver that uses the same grade materials and technology as wired high-class earphones. So, it is appealing that it will realize "full-scale high-quality sound".

Charging case

The company explained that "wood" has a high sound propagation speed and excellent vibration damping characteristics, making it an ideal material for diaphragms. By combining a wood dome processed with "wood" with a carbon-coated PET diaphragm, the propagation speed and damping characteristics are improved. In addition to the large-diameter 11mm wood dome carbon diaphragm, the wood dome carbon driver uses the same grade materials and technology as wired high-class earphones such as stainless steel driver cases.

Also equipped with a noise canceling function. In addition to the hybrid active noise canceling function that employs two microphones, the latest noise canceling technology Qualcomm Adaptive Noise Canceling, which provides a high noise canceling effect, is adopted.

With this technology, by constantly monitoring the state of wearing on the ear, the noise canceling level is automatically corrected even if the wearing is misaligned. We are trying to obtain a stable and high noise canceling effect at any time.

In addition, the earpiece also comes with a newly developed "Spiral Dot Pro Earpiece", which enhances the passive noise canceling effect. In addition, since the noise canceling function can be turned on even during a call, it is also appealing that it is possible to talk comfortably even in a noisy environment such as when going out.

For wireless music signal transmission, the completely wireless earphones are equipped with the original digital high-quality sound technology "K2 technology" for the first time. It is said that the high frequency band of compressed and deteriorated digital sound sources and minute signals are expanded to reproduce high sound quality equivalent to high resolution with quality approaching that of the original master. Since the earphone side determines the codec type and performs signal processing, the effect of this technology can be obtained regardless of the device to be connected.

In addition to SBC, AAC, and aptX, the Bluetooth codec supports high-resolution compatible high-quality sound codec aptX Adaptive audio that supports up to 96kHz / 24bit. Wireless transmission with higher sound quality is possible when connecting to a smartphone or player that supports aptX Adaptive.

Supports Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring, a left-right independent transmission technology. In addition to supporting Bluetooth Ver.5.2 and Power Class 1, the stability of the wireless connection is also improved by adopting a high-performance LDS antenna.

As mentioned above, the earpiece uses the newly developed "Spiral Dot Pro Earpiece". Comes with 5 sizes (S, MS, M, ML, L).

In the same earpiece, the conventional "spiral dot" that suppresses the turbidity of the sound and realizes a clear sound by diffusing the reflected sound by arranging the dots in a spiral shape on the inner wall and optimizing the balance with the direct sound. ], A new spiral convex shape has been added. The overall form has also been modified to improve the reproducibility of even more delicate sounds. In addition, a soft grade silicone material is used to improve the fit and tightness. At this time, there are no plans to sell this earpiece separately.

The "Tuned by VICTOR STUDIO" logo is also added to indicate that the sound is recognized by professionals at the music production site. Victor Studio engineers are participating in the sound quality tuning of this unit, and they are injecting the studio engineer's knowledge of sound into JVC KENWOOD's acoustic design technology.

Newly adopted 100-step volume step and mounting sensor. It is possible to finely adjust the volume in 100 steps like a full-scale audio device, and it is possible to smoothly adjust the volume to your liking according to the song or situation. In addition, the mounting sensor prevents erroneous touch operations and automatically selects the appropriate operation mode according to the usage scene.

Equipped with a new "mask mode" that corrects the muffled voice when wearing a mask. In addition, the earphone body is equipped with a call microphone on / off function so that the microphone can be easily switched to mute without operating the connected device, making it suitable for teleworking. In addition, you can talk on either the left or right side with just one ear, and it also uses Qualcomm cVc noise canceling technology and a high-performance MEMS microphone.

Equipped with a touch and talk function that lowers the volume of music with a single touch and captures external sounds with a microphone. In addition, the body shape adopts a curve along the ear. The shape of the body, which comes into contact with the ears on a wide surface, realizes a comfortable and stable fit.

As for battery performance, a maximum of 9 hours of continuous playback with the main unit alone and a maximum of 27 hours of long-term playback can be achieved by combining a full charge with the charging case. It also supports quick charging, which allows playback for up to 1.5 hours with a 10-minute charge.

In addition, IPX4 equivalent water resistant specifications are also adopted. The power is turned on just by removing the earphones from the charging case, and it is equipped with an auto-on & auto-connect function that allows automatic wireless connection, and it also supports activation of the voice assistant function of smartphones.
Lol. When I was a teenager Kenwood was the crap. Receivers, multi care players. I loved Kenwood and Onkyo.

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #38,620 of 62,441
Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #38,622 of 62,441
Here ya go... https://www.victor.jp/headphones/wireless/ha-fw1000t/

HA-FW1000T

Charging case

Sure hope they will come with a solid app with eq and some bells and whistles.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #38,623 of 62,441
Sure hope they will come with a solid app with eq and some bells and whistles.
Especially for $350 lol. Won't be an option for most people.. Certainly not me. My limit is $200 - might be willing to push to $250 max

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #38,625 of 62,441
I’ve had them for a few months now. I posted about them earlier in the thread. Used them as my daily driver everyday until my L3P arrived last week (and I may still go back to the N10, haven’t decided). They sound great out of the box – I’ve yet to find TWS tuned so well, though I hear the N6P2 sound slightly better. Fantastic clarity and never too harsh. They have multipoint (I don’t think that’s offered by the N6P2), decent but not amazing mics, and passable ANC. Battery life is solid. The app is a bit limited; for example, it only has preset EQs of Flat, Clarity, and the Default setting that I prefer.
Thank you... I was looking at the N6 Pro 2 but ran across the N10 plus on Amazon and was simply wondering what the differences were other than Anc. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back