Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #38,596 of 62,443
Anyone with the L3P notice that the ambient modes in the soundcore app...both the HearID ANC and Transparency Mode sound the best? Normal is kind of echo'y? Anyway to fix that? Id rather not have ANC on all the time and Transparency is annoying when nothing is going on.

oookay i switched to vocal and then back to trans and now its good? the hell.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #38,597 of 62,443
I got the L3Ps this afternoon and I've been putting them through their paces for a few hours. I'm not having the "thin and shrill" experience - these things are bass cannons. Great wide soundstage. I have to play around with the EQ and SoundID some more. I'm a bit ticked that I can't pull over my L2P presets, but I'll do it by hand. There also has to be an easier way to combine the hear test and custom in the main EQ screen rather than bouncing back to the test pages. Those are easy app updates.

I also have to play around with tips and wings, I'm getting a good seal test but I don't love the fit yet. I think it might be the wings, which are a little trickier to swap than the tips.

But I'm impressed with the sound quality so far.

I got the grey ones and the internal led is white - are the others the same? I need to figure out how to put a color filter or something in there. I saw a picture online where it looked blue and now I want that.

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #38,598 of 62,443
I watched almost all reviews about the L3P on YouTube but somehow still feel they may not be for me.
I have limited experience with Soundcore as I had purchased and returned the L2P+. The fit was meh the sound was very good but something in the mids was always lacking although not recessed per se.

Anyone here has the L3P and the Nuratrue? I’m kind of interested to know which one is better.

And while I really like the sound of the Sennheiser CX 400BT they are a one trick pony, which I knew from day one as I didn’t need features but mainly sound quality and they deliver on that end.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #38,599 of 62,443
I watched almost all reviews about the L3P on YouTube but somehow still feel they may not be for me.
I have limited experience with Soundcore as I had purchased and returned the L2P+. The fit was meh the sound was very good but something in the mids was always lacking although not recessed per se.

Anyone here has the L3P and the Nuratrue? I’m kind of interested to know which one is better.

And while I really like the sound of the Sennheiser CX 400BT they are a one trick pony, which I knew from day one as I didn’t need features but mainly sound quality and they deliver on that end.
The mid might be a little bit thin for some people.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #38,600 of 62,443
I got the L3Ps this afternoon and I've been putting them through their paces for a few hours. I'm not having the "thin and shrill" experience - these things are bass cannons. Great wide soundstage. I have to play around with the EQ and SoundID some more. I'm a bit ticked that I can't pull over my L2P presets, but I'll do it by hand. There also has to be an easier way to combine the hear test and custom in the main EQ screen rather than bouncing back to the test pages. Those are easy app updates.

I also have to play around with tips and wings, I'm getting a good seal test but I don't love the fit yet. I think it might be the wings, which are a little trickier to swap than the tips.

But I'm impressed with the sound quality so far.

I got the grey ones and the internal led is white - are the others the same? I need to figure out how to put a color filter or something in there. I saw a picture online where it looked blue and now I want that.
On the purple ones the internal led colour is also white.

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #38,601 of 62,443
What runtime are you guys getting on the L3P? I tested these solely for phone calls today and right bud died in 4 hours (LDAC OFF) and left bud had 2 bars left in the Soundcore app. Since these are not master/slave type buds, I would expect the battery to drain roughly equally between both buds. Charged these to 100% and gonna test again...

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #38,602 of 62,443
I also got times out yesterday with my laptop not sure after how long. Both sides were in the red, I wish there was a percentage shown in the app.

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #38,603 of 62,443

The two sound tests I saw on YouTube turned out to be worse than useless.

They were talking about the amazing bass. I heard no bass on those tests and the overall sound was very thin compared to the MX4 and a Sennheiser he was AB'ing against.

In reality these really deliver on the bass side. Plenty of weight on the sub bass and no boomy bass going on. Treble is on the bright side on the HearID it gave me and the sound isn't the warm full sound I'm used to. It's by no means unlistenable though, and I feel it will improve, or at least can be worked with.

I'm really impressed all round. If you buy them on a 30 day return then they're definitely worth giving a go I'd say.

Oct 19, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #38,604 of 62,443
What runtime are you guys getting on the L3P? I tested these solely for phone calls today and right bud died in 4 hours (LDAC OFF) and left bud had 2 bars left in the Soundcore app. Since these are not master/slave type buds, I would expect the battery to drain roughly equally between both buds. Charged these to 100% and gonna test again...
I used mine last night for about 4 to 5 hours. I fully charged them before I started listening. About half hour of that listening time was over SBC on my phone, all the rest on the Sony DAP over LDAC. I got a couple of low battery verbal warnings in my ears just before I finally called it a night, but they were still playing fine. I haven't had chance to reconnect to the phone app yet to see what battery levels are showing in there. I'll find that out later.

Battery on my Sony took quite a hit. Went from fully charged to two bars, so about half basically. All listening over LDAC, sound quality preferred, so I'd expect the battery to take a hit in that mode.

Oct 19, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #38,605 of 62,443

I'm still on the fence. There is an artificial something which seems to permeate the spectrum after the bass. I don't know if an update can help that or not. Almost as though the BA is not being pushed properly. I was looking hard at that nuratrue and decided on the liberty 3 Pro. I would like to know the same thing

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #38,606 of 62,443
According to SoundCore you are supposed to get 4.5 hours on phone calls/VoIP calls. Phone calls use a different profile than audio streaming so the LDAC setting is irrelevant. The bud that died was the one that was being used for microphone/processing so inbalance is what I would expect. Below is what I cut/pasted from SoundCore's website:

1634641086630.png

You'll find lots of TWS perform worse on phone calls for battery life rather than streaming, particularly ones with multiple microphones and signal processing. The AIrpods 3 for example are, from the Apple website:
  • Up to 6 hours of listening time with a single charge (up to 5 hours with spatial audio enabled)
  • Up to 4 hours of talk time with a single charge

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #38,607 of 62,443
I dont think the l3p sound thin, either but they do in Normal mode. The other two ambient modes really thicken them out. I just dont want to stay on anc and have crap battery life and i dont know if transparency is any better. I dont wear them enough to know or find out.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #38,609 of 62,443
Has anyone here had a chance to check out the Nuarl N10 Plus? I've been curious of Nuarl for quite awhile but lack of reviews keep me away. I know the N6 Pro 2 has gotten some very good reviews this year. "Brian Unboxed" did a review as well as "Gamesky" but I just didn't get enough info about how they actually sound, hoping for someone who has actually spent some time with these.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #38,610 of 62,443
If you're talking about the L3Ps, the app does show battery percentage. It's under the picture of the buds. Also shows the case as a separate percentage.
Not on iOS 15 :frowning2:

Been a while since i've been here. glad to see the thread is still going strong. I recently also got the L3P and the Jabra Elite 7 pro's. These L3p's are pretty sensational, but the have a lot of flaws as has been mentioned, mostly functionality wise. Touch pads too sensitive for my liking, transparency is sub par, ANC is on the weaker side, phone calls and zoom calls sound metallic and i've had a couple dropped connection issues. The most irritating is that you can't switch to transparency mode with a single bud in. Really Anker?

I used the hear id and did not like the profile it created for me, so I used the manual eq and Wow! Love the heavy bass w/o losing detail. I hear a lot of folks talking about the weaker mids, I partially concur, but may I offer that a LOT of the buds that I have heard in the TWS arena and many mentioned on this thread have the mids pushed forward which is also the way I like them, so there's that. I personally didn't expect to get great mids out of the BA/DD like the Nuarl N6p's or even the legendary Anbes 360's, Yes, I said it. #neverforget. I'm still on the fence about the L3p, Like any early adoption they have some work to do with the functionality, but for $150-170. It's probably a great set to have in my collection. Any one else have the Elite 7 pro's I need some impressions?

Attachments

• 7CDA4F10-7197-48BD-96D4-5EF7B2CF004B_1_201_a.jpeg
    7CDA4F10-7197-48BD-96D4-5EF7B2CF004B_1_201_a.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 0
  • 1A699D7E-2310-41AD-97E9-ADED1F98FC51_1_201_a.jpeg
    1A699D7E-2310-41AD-97E9-ADED1F98FC51_1_201_a.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back