Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #38,236 of 62,162
I hope we see some new TWS announced for release early next year.

I'm irritated with charging issue on MT and want to jump ship. I got the new pair through RMA just 6 weeks ago, and it's hell trying to get the left side to begin charging. Yesterday, I had to re-insert the left bud about 7 times before the red charging light finally came on. Otherwise it just blinks white, which means it's not charging. 7 freaking times! I have been counting every time for the past week after cleaning both buds with alcohol wipe. I have to re-insert it 3 times minimum (7 yesterday is the record). Couple times, the bud stayed connected to my phone through the night lol. Before the rma, I had the same issue on the right side (and never left). The rma'd one is on the left side (and never right). The case is junk.

I am just trying to figure out if I should get this RMA'd again and sell the new one they send me. It's impossible to know how it's going to be so best to sell+move on to something else.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #38,237 of 62,162
I hope we see some new TWS announced for release early next year.

I'm irritated with charging issue on MT and want to jump ship. I got the new pair through RMA just 6 weeks ago, and it's hell trying to get the left side to begin charging. Yesterday, I had to re-insert the left bud about 7 times before the red charging light finally came on. Otherwise it just blinks white, which means it's not charging. 7 freaking times! I have been counting every time for the past week after cleaning both buds with alcohol wipe. I have to re-insert it 3 times minimum (7 yesterday is the record). Couple times, the bud stayed connected to my phone through the night lol. Before the rma, I had the same issue on the right side (and never left). The rma'd one is on the left side (and never right). The case is junk.

I am just trying to figure out if I should get this RMA'd again and sell the new one they send me. It's impossible to know how it's going to be so best to sell+move on to something else.

I had moved on from the CA MT. I find the software glitches to be too irritating.
Surprisingly though I didn't have any issues with the case.
I now have the Sennheiser CX 400BT and they work flawlessly and the touch controls compared to the MT are night and day.
They are fully customizable and and you can still adjust the buds in you ears without skipping or cranking up the volume to the max lol
If you want balanced sound the CX 400BT are a still at $99 but their sound is very different than the MT.
The CX and CX Plus are more bassy and the touch feedback is somewhat different than the 400s - really depends what you prefer.
Also maybe the Soundcore Liberty 3 pro if you like to tinker around with the sound?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #38,238 of 62,162
Word. Definitely prefer cans for comfort. My expectations are in check. We will see. Was down to H95, Panda, APM and the Yamaha. Only bummer is aptx adaptive. I don't understand that one. There are like zero sources on the planet that offer this one. It's basically vaporware. For 499 give me something better.
Not sure i follow your point re aptX adaptive. I know Samsung and Apple dont have it but newer Qualcomm based phones seem to. Maybe i just think that because both my LG V60 and OnePlus 8T have it. AptX adaptive is also supposedly backwatds compatible with other aptX codecs like aptX HD (e.g. if you use the PI7 with a device that has aptX HD but not aptX adaptive your phone will send to the PI7 via aptX HD). However, if the phone is capable of aptX adaptive, you get aptX adaptive and not aptX HD (at least I have not figured out how to force aptX HD instead). I think we will continue to see more aptX adaptive devices until we get Qualcomm's new Lossless codec, which I understand may be based on aptX adaptive.

Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #38,239 of 62,162
Anyone got major hissing while playing music on the L 3 Pro's (Normal Mode not Amb or ANC), I seem to remember an issue on the L 2 Pro's though my set were fine.

It is more so when the song is quiet at start and end but throughout it is like the singer has a lisp (sibilance?).

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #38,240 of 62,162
I had moved on from the CA MT. I find the software glitches too be too irritating.
Surprisingly though I didn't have any issues with the case.
I now have the Sennheiser CX 400BT and they work flawlessly and the touch controls compared to the MT are night and day.
They are fully customizable and and you can still adjust the buds in you ears without skipping or cranking up the volume to the max lol
If you want balanced sound the CX 400BT are a still at $99 but their sound is very different than the MT.
The CX and CX Plus are more bassy and the touch feedback is somewhat different than the 400s - really depends what you prefer.
Also maybe the Soundcore Liberty 3 pro if you like to tinker around with the sound?

I tried CX400BT in December for a few weeks before returning. They were uncomfortable and too big for side-sleeping. The sound was great though. I haven't tried the new CX plus - not sure if they are the same size. They do look just as bulky though as the CX400BT - I don't think they would work for occasional side-sleeping.

Is anyone else here a side-sleeper and tried a variety of TWS? I would be curious to know what you liked.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #38,241 of 62,162
I tried CX400BT in December for a few weeks before returning. They were uncomfortable and too big for side-sleeping. The sound was great though. I haven't tried the new CX plus though - not sure if they are the same size. They do look just as bulky though as the CX400BT - I don't think they would work for occasional side-sleeping.

Is anyone else here a side-sleeper and tried a variety of TWS? I would be curious to know what you liked.
Yeah the CX 400 is definitely not a good option for side sleeping. The CX is still although slightly less than the 400.
I think the 1More Comfort Bud Pro might be a decent option. Never tried them but saw them in a store and they are quite small but a stem design.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #38,242 of 62,162
Few more tws tested:

Mifo o5 gen2. Sound quality is not up to my standards. Tried them only for a day, and in this time couldn't get a secure fit either. The case is sturdy, but opening mechanism is weird. Still, the sq is subpar and will go back to Amazon immediately for that alone.

Got the Lypertek Z7 gen2 yesterday. Fit was immediately good. BUT who has designed the control buttons on these? This is one of the stupidest implementations ever. Tactile buttons, that are really heavy to press. With direct in ear insert design of the tws, this means you will push them in your brains. You really cant even use this function. Who ever came up with this, would be fired in a heartbeat if this was my company.

If the buttons need to be in this position, touch controls would be at least usable. Also they stick out from your ears so much, that you could place tactile buttons on the top outer part. When pressed with you index, you would support the tws with your thumb.

This alone makes them unusable for me and will be returned. I dont want to do all control from my phone. Also when Im biking, its something thats a must.

Also I listened them only for few hours, but quick estimate is stil that my MW07 Plus sound better. Brighter and more balanced.

I have been looking for something new for a while, but at the same time I dont want to stack several tws's. I want a product that I would be good for sound, calls, battery and come with aptX. Im starting to feel, that getting the MW07 Plus from M&D website for 125€ was a steal and hard to beat. Hard to beat reasonably, as I guess the MW08 would be better, but not 300€ better. Some reviews say the MW08 sound almost the same, so smaller size and app probably does not justify spending 300€

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #38,243 of 62,162
Anyone got major hissing while playing music on the L 3 Pro's (Normal Mode not Amb or ANC), I seem to remember an issue on the L 2 Pro's though my set were fine.

It is more so when the song is quiet at start and end but throughout it is like the singer has a lisp (sibilance?).
That was a MAJOR problem on the LP2s, it took them 3 versions to get that problem under control, surely they would have learnt their lesson!

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #38,244 of 62,162
That was a MAJOR problem on the LP2s, it took them 3 versions to get that problem under control, surely they would have learnt their lesson!
Will give it a try but certainly on ANC I have zero hiss

One thing to note, if you enable LDAC on l3pro you lose multi point function. So there's a trade off

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #38,245 of 62,162
I have this problem with Airpods Pro, Sony XM4 and most notable, the Devialet Geminis.
With ANC on. and when chewing, I get this driver flex like noise especially in the left ear. Pops, crackle, some static sounding interference (APPs)
For instance the Geminis are unusable with ANC HIGH ON and with silicone tips. I would say the XM4's are in the same category.
Now I have to use Comply Foam (TW-200-C) on both the Sony and Devialet. The Devialets I also have to use ANC LOW.
The APPs just give this static noise, and a kind of distortion when chewing and also when taking a call.

There's no noise at all when ANC is off with either of the TWSs!

With my pinky finger in the left ear, I feel that the jawbones affect the ear canal a lot in the left ear when chewing/opening mouth. (sorry I couldn't explain it better)
I guess this is the reason? The mics are picking up the movements and I get this noise with ANC on??

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #38,246 of 62,162
I have this problem with Airpods Pro, Sony XM4 and most notable, the Devialet Geminis.
With ANC on. and when chewing, I get this driver flex like noise especially in the left ear. Pops, crackle, some static sounding interference (APPs)
For instance the Geminis are unusable with ANC HIGH ON and with silicone tips. I would say the XM4's are in the same category.
Now I have to use Comply Foam (TW-200-C) on both the Sony and Devialet. The Devialets I also have to use ANC LOW.
The APPs just give this static noise, and a kind of distortion when chewing and also when taking a call.

There's no noise at all when ANC is off with either of the TWSs!

With my pinky finger in the left ear, I feel that the jawbones affect the ear canal a lot in the left ear when chewing/opening mouth. (sorry I couldn't explain it better)
I guess this is the reason? The mics are picking up the movements and I get this noise with ANC on??
I suggest that not only are the mics potentially picking up movement sounds, but that the earphones are adjusting to changes in air pressure from chewing, resulting in some noises.
All that said, not to state what you may already know, but wrt to APP, apple has a repair program for older APP that have noises such as you are describing.

https://support.apple.com/airpods-pro-service-program-sound-issues

An affected AirPods Pro may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
  • Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
  • Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #38,247 of 62,162
I suggest that not only are the mics potentially picking up movement sounds, but that the earphones are adjusting to changes in air pressure from chewing, resulting in some noises.
All that said, not to state what you may already know, but wrt to APP, apple has a repair program for older APP that have noises such as you are describing.

https://support.apple.com/airpods-pro-service-program-sound-issues

An affected AirPods Pro may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
  • Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
  • Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise
Thanks.
Yes, I guess you're right about the air pressure change. Most likely what's causing it.
When using smaller tips, and not getting a good seal (Gemini medium silicone tips for example), this problem is almost non excisting.

I know about the Apple service program. Mine is produced January 2021, and are not affected by this. I have no other problems with them, other than some noise when chewing/talking (moving mouth) and with ANC on as well.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #38,248 of 62,162
Not sure i follow your point re aptX adaptive. I know Samsung and Apple dont have it but newer Qualcomm based phones seem to. Maybe i just think that because both my LG V60 and OnePlus 8T have it. AptX adaptive is also supposedly backwatds compatible with other aptX codecs like aptX HD (e.g. if you use the PI7 with a device that has aptX HD but not aptX adaptive your phone will send to the PI7 via aptX HD). However, if the phone is capable of aptX adaptive, you get aptX adaptive and not aptX HD (at least I have not figured out how to force aptX HD instead). I think we will continue to see more aptX adaptive devices until we get Qualcomm's new Lossless codec, which I understand may be based on aptX adaptive.

Maybe I misunderstood your comment.
You understood me. I was complaining mostly about Samsung who doesn't support either Adaptive or HD. Given Samsung sells like 5 out of 10 Android phones worldwide, it seems like Adaptive isn't really that prevalent. I do understand that other Android makers support it. As far as backwards compatibility, I'll see if that is right. I have a pixel that supports Aptx HD so I'll see if I can force Aptx HD on them. That would be cool and come to think of it, my PI7 does this as well.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #38,249 of 62,162
You only get aptX HD if the earbuds add it separately, aptX Adaptive falls back to aptX if you do not have support for it on your phone.

I like you had a set of B&W P14's (aptx Adaptive) on my Moto Z2 Force and they have the separate aptx HD codec so that is good for me but all others since using the QC3040 do not so you loose HD.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #38,250 of 62,162
You only get aptX HD if the earbuds add it separately, aptX Adaptive falls back to aptX if you do not have support for it on your phone.

I like you had a set of B&W P14's (aptx Adaptive) on my Moto Z2 Force and they have the separate aptx HD codec so that is good for me but all others since using the QC3040 do not so you loose HD.
Argh bummer. So bizarre that they would go with Adaptive but not HD. Now, I do have the creative USB Dongle that supports AptxHD and can convert a phone to an AptxHD source. So if I combine that with the headphones that support Aptx Adaptive perhaps that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back