Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #38,223 of 62,385
Just ordered these based solely on positive feedback on sound quality from almost everyone on the internet. Last time this happened was for Sennheiser MTW2 and they did not disappoint. But MTW2 are a total package where as B&O EQs lack basic track controls and any touch customization so I will only keep these if the SQ is noticeably better than MTW2.
That’s when a smartwatch (e.g. AW) comes in handy. You can control the volume, music and tracks/playlist from your wrist…..

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #38,224 of 62,385
My left EQ is dead and won't take a charge. Any suggestions other than RMA?
Oh sorry to hear happened to mine as well. Had to RMA but was replaced very fast. They received them on the 5th, reviewed them on the 7th and send a replacement on the same day….. waiting for the delivery next week.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #38,225 of 62,385
El Jefe said these were amazingly loud... Wth. Do you have absolute volume clicked off? Volume is a huge issue for me, I want headroom. I have to stop listening to hype boys on YouTube. Also what phone are you using these on if you don't mind?
That's comfortable volume for me... Another notch or two higher is about as loud as I can tolerate. About 3 clicks left from there to max which would be hearing destroying in short order
I'm using Samsung galaxy s21 ultra

Screenshot_20211008-193351_Spotify.png

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #38,226 of 62,385
When you can get around to it- let us know what the call quality sounds like..:)
Did a voice record via app and it was very clear to me. Definitely didn't have that muddy/distortion that sometimes comes though

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #38,227 of 62,385
That's comfortable volume for me... Another notch or two higher is about as loud as I can tolerate. About 3 clicks left from there to max which would be hearing destroying in short order
I'm using Samsung galaxy s21 ultra

Screenshot_20211008-193351_Spotify.png
I agree with you... The reason I want headroom is because I've noticed with plenty up top the dynamics on many sets are better implemented. Many times with tws the amps on these chips just barely have enough to really extend the frequencies to give really good sound too the spectrum. I do not listen at full volume or even close but if I am listening at lower volumes i don't want thin sounds, or veiled, in any area if possible, granted we are talking tws so it does kind of come with the territory. Anyways thank you for replying man
.. Take care

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #38,228 of 62,385
I agree with you... The reason I want headroom is because I've noticed with plenty up top the dynamics on many sets are better implemented. Many times with tws the amps on these chips just barely have enough to really extend the frequencies to give really good sound too the spectrum. I do not listen at full volume or even close but if I am listening at lower volumes i don't want thin sounds, or veiled, in any area if possible, granted we are talking tws so it does kind of come with the territory. Anyways thank you for replying man
.. Take care
Yeah don't worry about volume. Your gonna be able to push any band up a lot and have headroom.
I'm struggling to find fault with them the more time I spend with them.

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #38,231 of 62,385
Hey, on Gamesky's LP 3 he has 3 taps that I am missing, and I only installed it today so should be latest version (Android) and as above I did update the Firmware you can see he has not so far.

I got 4 options in controls: Single tap, Double tap, Hold 2s, Triple Tap

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #38,232 of 62,385
I messed about there a minute ago and in Language Settings (I use English) I never touched anything but when I left it some menus were in Non English and then I could see the 3 Taps Header and enable it.

I now can do everything bar Power Off via the buds.

3 Taps a lot of time is detected as 2 Taps, must be a timing issue.

I do not have the Voice Beta option in Ambient though so will try the trick above again later.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #38,233 of 62,385
Off topic but I had $200 in amazon points burning a hole in my pocket. I've been eying some full size ANC cans. Appreciate the feedback here on H95 but couldn't bring myself to pony up for them even at $650. I decided to give the new Yamaha a try: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/headphones/yh-l700a/index.html

Not much in the way of reviews, but I've always like Yamaha as a company. They promise spatial audio but without the need for Dolby. Only cost me $250 so I figured it will be worth a try.

Over in the Noble thread, the reviews on the Fokus are positive. Looking forward to mine.

Sadly, I've misplaced my Gemini. Has anyone seen them?

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #38,234 of 62,385
Off topic but I had $200 in amazon points burning a hole in my pocket. I've been eying some full size ANC cans. Appreciate the feedback here on H95 but couldn't bring myself to pony up for them even at $650. I decided to give the new Yamaha a try: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/headphones/yh-l700a/index.html

Not much in the way of reviews, but I've always like Yamaha as a company. They promise spatial audio but without the need for Dolby. Only cost me $250 so I figured it will be worth a try.

Over in the Noble thread, the reviews on the Fokus are positive. Looking forward to mine.

Sadly, I've misplaced my Gemini. Has anyone seen them?
I love me some cans. Gives the ear canals a break from the bud tips. Yamaha has some cans that are huge they just released. These look much better :D

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #38,235 of 62,385
I love me some cans. Gives the ear canals a break from the bud tips. Yamaha has some cans that are huge they just released. These look much better :D
Word. Definitely prefer cans for comfort. My expectations are in check. We will see. Was down to H95, Panda, APM and the Yamaha. Only bummer is aptx adaptive. I don't understand that one. There are like zero sources on the planet that offer this one. It's basically vaporware. For 499 give me something better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back