Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 1, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #38,026 of 62,380
Then I guess it’s maybe the Hifiman Andana BT (open, magnetotat) or the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless….. I didn’t hear them personally but only hear good things.

Personally and overall I think it’s the H95 because it’s almost the complete package, battery life is fantastic, SQ top notch (for a BT), it comes in an aluminum case (not for travel), with braided USB-C and Audio-cables, with an aluminum Airline Adapter…. the only thing you really need is a good transportation bag, like the ones from B&O itself or from Hardcraft.
The Ananda BT is quite nice but I think the Deva is right there for 30 percent of the price. Haven’t heard the Amiron. You guys have me tempted. I missed the coupon deal but I’ll keep an eye out in classifieds. Thanks for the feedback.

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #38,027 of 62,380
And - even though I have asked this before - the SQ is superior to the E8 3rd?
To be frank, I don't always scour and answer everyones questions. Blame my toddler. I'm cool with that. That said, the answer is YES :wink: I've had all the Beoplay E8 models and I'm much happier with the EQs. These are the nicest set of buds B&O has made.

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #38,028 of 62,380
Oct 1, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #38,029 of 62,380
Oct 1, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #38,030 of 62,380
Just received the Unique Melody TWS 30x. While they have a good sound signature (more balanced than the Sony WFXM4)
-They have a background noise when about to play sound from bluetooth, very annoying. (used on Iphone and n6ii, to check if it was due to the source)
-The charging case will not close well with tips such as Azla Crystal or even the short.
-Priced like the sony and B&O, but the case feels cheap with no app for settings.
-No active noise cancellation but you can achieve a good seal

If they could fix the background noise, I would most likely prefer them over the Sony and B&O for music presentation alone.

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #38,031 of 62,380
That's what I did re: EQs. Had an issue with the pair from B&O online and then picked up a pair from my local B&O store and have had no issues.
What is holding me back right now is the fact that it's the same store, where the buggy and dying Sand EQ comes from (same charge/production?)

On the other hand there is a offer of the Devialet Gemini (~11% off) from an other local dealer at the moment.

So I‘m unsure what to do; wait for the repaired EQ, get a black EQ from the same pool or get the Gemini and later keep both….

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #38,033 of 62,380
I got one pairs of B&O EQ but unfortunately they get pop/clip issue. My friend who bought the same time with me also get the same issue. It seems this production batch too bad. My friend can compromise with this problem to get the best sound quality tws but i cant. I gave back them and be waiting for my Technics AZ60

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #38,034 of 62,380
@TK33 what kind of EQ settings are you using on those Shure TW2s? Such a strange interface, still messing around a lot over here. Then again, maybe you're not EQing...
I recently purchased the TW2s and attached a pair of Shure SE846s (which I really hadn't used since the beginning of my obsession with TWS). I realize that this is, altogether, a very expensive solution (unless you happen to have a pair of 846s lying around), but it's in a class apart from any TWS I've used. (My current favorite TWSs are the Nuratrue and the MW08s -- but the Shure's make both of those sound like -- well, TWSs.)

I haven't been able to do an A/B comparison on a plane or subway (yet), but the passive noise isolation of the Shures feels comparable to or better than most if not all of the ANC in any TWS I've tried (including the APPs and the WF-1000XM3s). I'm also loving the transparency mode. Phone calls, fit, and comfort all seem great. They're also very responsive to the Shure EQ. And it's really nice to be able to continue to amortize my earlier investment in the 846s.

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #38,035 of 62,380
What is holding me back right now is the fact that it's the same store, where the buggy and dying Sand EQ comes from (same charge/production?)

On the other hand there is a offer of the Devialet Gemini (~11% off) from an other local dealer at the moment.

So I‘m unsure what to do; wait for the repaired EQ, get a black EQ from the same pool or get the Gemini and later keep both….
How long did they say to get replacement? If it were my impatient self, I’d end up getting a new set of EQ or get the Gemini in the meantime if not within a week or so (personally, I’m very partial to the Gemini)

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #38,036 of 62,380
I recently purchased the TW2s and attached a pair of Shure SE846s (which I really hadn't used since the beginning of my obsession with TWS). I realize that this is, altogether, a very expensive solution (unless you happen to have a pair of 846s lying around), but it's in a class apart from any TWS I've used. (My current favorite TWSs are the Nuratrue and the MW08s -- but the Shure's make both of those sound like -- well, TWSs.)

I haven't been able to do an A/B comparison on a plane or subway (yet), but the passive noise isolation of the Shures feels comparable to or better than most if not all of the ANC in any TWS I've tried (including the APPs and the WF-1000XM3s). I'm also loving the transparency mode. Phone calls, fit, and comfort all seem great. They're also very responsive to the Shure EQ. And it's really nice to be able to continue to amortize my earlier investment in the 846s.
Agree. Still enjoying these very much. I had to go up in size for tips (back to using Spinfits) to get a better seal because it is a hair small for me and keeps getting pulled out. My only gripe so far is the call quality for Zoom is not great (I did get some complaints that it was hard to hear or robotic). I did a Zoom audio test and I can hear a lot more background noise vs. my PI7 or Galaxy Buds Live. Based on the description in the settings tab of the app, it appears to only use one mic at a time for calls even though sound comes out of both sides (whichever side has better connection) so I am back to using my PI7s for Zoom calls (that is ok since I rarely use it for music at home now that I have the TW2). The TW2 is still fine for calls in a pinch though. Otherwise, I am still enjoying the SE846/TW2 combo

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #38,037 of 62,380
Having missed the coupon on the H95, Amazon has some black ones renewed for 650. What's everyone's experience with renewed? Looks like no manufacturer warranty.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #38,038 of 62,380
If anyone cares about the call quality when they buy their IEMs - the Beoplay EQs are pretty terrible when there is ambient background noise. I was racking some weights in the gym while on a call, and I was told "it sounded like an apocalpyse." I tried at home while moving around some hangers, and constant complaints from the other side about how noisy it was.

In comparison, the PI7s have the best call quality that I have seen in all the TWS options, with a similar price point and similar sound quality.

Oct 2, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #38,039 of 62,380
NURAPHONE - 2 WEEKS LATER

After over 2 weeks using the Nuraphone, this is one of the greatest headphones I've heard. The bass definition and impact is insane, so so tight, you feel it over all your body, it's like if you had a subwoofer in your ears, this is what I call REAL bass. Mids are crisp and clear, slightly elevated, a tuning that I always prefer. Highs are airy and detailed, imaging and separation are exceptional, sounds coming from all around your head, 360º, with a wide soundstage, a level of fidelity found on much more expensive headphones. I used to love the FOSTEX TH900 MK2, which have a similar sound signature, but the bass of the Nuraphone is much superior. In terms of pure sound quality, the FOSTEX might be a bit better, more refined and with even better separation, but if I had to chose one, I would choose the Nuraphone. No DAP, no cable, stunning sound quality and a bass that I have never heard anything like it. I love how vocals sound here, liquid gold, no coloration, very engaging and detailed. But it's the bass, the detail retrieval and 3D imaging that impresses me the most. For the price, of course.

With spectacular ANC and call quality, I couldn't be happier. Ambient mode is very efficient too.

Couple friends had the same reaction seen on Nura videos. "OMG...!!!", jumping all over and laughing. That was funny. This thing causes you emotions and physical reactions that are yet to be seen with other headphones. If the purpose is to have fun and make you feel happier, you can't go wrong with these. Some might not adapt to the in-ear part of it, a full size headphone that goes deep into your ear canals (strange feeling), but luckily, I don't feel any strange intrusion or discomfort, I got used to it pretty quickly. My ear canals are large, I'm an L tips user, maybe this helps. I am also so accostumed to use IEMs, that I have no issues using an headphone that is also an IEM. For the ones that don't know, this is a dual driver headphone, the 40mm driver is just for bass and the in-ear driver just handles mids and highs. That's also why they have better separation than a single driver that does it all and better imaging. You can pinpoint instruments in any direction with precision. This has nothing to do with any BT headphone you've heard below 400€ and punches above its weight.

I hope Nura surprises me with an higher-end headphone, I will be all over it. For example, they could use 2-3 drivers for mids and highs, that would be awesome. On the other hand, I don't think this format, with in-ears inside the cups has been successful and they will probably implement a multi-driver system like JVC did in the JVC BEAT HA-SZ1000/2000.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #38,040 of 62,380
Probably the first reviews/impressions...

Both reviews mention it but looks like Jabra said that multipoint will be added. The other issue that is not cool is only SBC and AAC. What are they JBL lol! The Elite 3 have aptX but the 7's won't. Oh well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back