Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 5, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #36,948 of 62,439
to devialet gemini users,

have you been experiencing fast battery drain when using the buds? mine drops from 100% to 67% in an hour of usage with ANC on ang volume setting at half. I'm not sure if the battery health has already dropped because of the battery drain issue before the April update.
I think I'd get 4 hours max with ANC on, .4 volume, but tbh I rarely use them straight that long. I think this is their biggest weakness but apparently they're working on new firmware to address this. They knocked the standby drain issue out of the park so I have some hope they can do something here as well.

I also had concerns about how the early issues may have shortened their life, but the free Devialet Care absolved all that for me.

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #36,949 of 62,439
I think I'd get 4 hours max with ANC on, .4 volume, but tbh I rarely use them straight that long. I think this is their biggest weakness but apparently they're working on new firmware to address this. They knocked the standby drain issue out of the park so I have some hope they can do something here as well.

I also had concerns about how the early issues may have shortened their life, but the free Devialet Care absolved all that for me.
were you able to replace your geminis?

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #36,952 of 62,439
to devialet gemini users,

have you been experiencing fast battery drain when using the buds? mine drops from 100% to 67% in an hour of usage with ANC on ang volume setting at half. I'm not sure if the battery health has already dropped because of the battery drain issue before the April update.
At end of first hour left/right battery remain spilt at around 80%/75%. Hour 4, 25/10. Maybe an extra 30 min of usage with ANC off.

Edit: I also use the EQ with bands adjusted anywhere from +2.0 to 0.4. Overall ios volume of max 50%

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #36,954 of 62,439
thanks on the info.

I guess there is more battery usage after the April update then.
Personally can’t speak to delta with, or prior firmware impact to battery health; a fairly recent acquisition for me. Even with limited non-stop battery I couldn’t be happier with my choice. Don’t even care that the automatic pause doesn’t often work. The sound is amazing (with iPhone) and ANC remarkably effective…and can turn ambient and ANC on/off from buds.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #36,956 of 62,439
Possible same boat here. No popping but the fit sucks for me. I need something with some grip. Any recommendations? The stock are best but any sweat and forget it. I'm bummed. Pulled my pi7 out and the EQ sound much better to me.
I know Spinfit makes a longer tip that fits the B&O great. They fit deeper than most. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B793SLU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also, the ePro tips (large) worked well for me with them.

I'll definitely repurchase the B&Os if they fix the issue a bunch of us have. Only happens with some tracks. Such a bummer.

Truly wanted to love those PI7s, but man, tons of bugs on my end.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #36,957 of 62,439
The mw08 are growing on me. The muddiness is subdued when working out with some background noise. Almost offsets it. Might keep em. Really like the fit. Disappear in the ear.
You have the standard MW08s, right? Not the Sport? How are the calls on the standard? I don't remember how they were when I had them. I know the MW08S have been giving me tons of issues with phone and Zoom calls. Sent them back too.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #36,958 of 62,439
I know Spinfit makes a longer tip that fits the B&O great. They fit deeper than most. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B793SLU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also, the ePro tips (large) worked well for me with them.

I'll definitely repurchase the B&Os if they fix the issue a bunch of us have. Only happens with some tracks. Such a bummer.

Truly wanted to love those PI7s, but man, tons of bugs on my end.
I really wanted to love the PI7. Stable but less than their best performance with iOS and unstable with AptX and HD, in my experience. I tried 3 sets.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #36,959 of 62,439
I really wanted to love the PI7. Stable but less than their best performance with iOS and unstable with AptX and HD, in my experience. I tried 3 sets.
Same here. 2 sets and even the PI5. Hopefully, gen 2 is way better. For now, I'm sticking with the Devialet and Klipsch. APP for calls and spatial audio. Trying out the Jaybird Vista 2s because saved $60 on them!

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #36,960 of 62,439
Same here. 2 sets and even the PI5. Hopefully, gen 2 is way better. For now, I'm sticking with the Devialet and Klipsch. APP for calls and spatial audio. Trying out the Jaybird Vista 2s because saved $60 on them!
Nice! Similarishboat..Gemini and APP respective go tos and I’m trying out the MT and Fiil T1 XS (because it was half price). They both eq to pleasing sound very very well.

edit: oh yeah, and I tried the PI5, too. So 🤬 close

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back