Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 5, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #36,931 of 62,439
I mean, there are plenty of good true wireless earbuds out right now, if you don't have a fixed budget but just want what's best, I think people here seem to vouch for:

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EQ
Devialet Gemini
Bowers & Wilkins PI7
Klipsch T5 II ANC

and maaaaybe
Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
Sony WF-1000XM4
Galaxy Buds Pro - If you like something close to the Harman Target i guess and aren't on an iPhone.
Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch - If you're looking for something with more value for the money and don't care about ANC and call quality etc.

I might be forgetting some earbuds but these are the ones I see mentioned the most in the thread recently.
Many of these are pretty expensive and some of them have some pretty glaring flaws but unrelated to the sound, but other things (battery life, call quality, fit, ANC/lack thereof etc)
For the record, as wonderful as they are, my EQs are going back due to an annoying pop that can be heard on some tracks. They don't have an answer for it, so they will get them back. (I am not the only one with the issue)

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #36,933 of 62,439
For the record, as wonderful as they are, my EQs are going back due to an annoying pop that can be heard on some tracks. They don't have an answer for it, so they will get them back. (I am not the only one with the issue)
@snowy8171 @Juturna, I second this. Despite the amazing sound and features, my EQs went back. Same pop in the left earbud. B&O do not have a fix (if any) yet. I'd put the Devialet Gemini as my number one. Klipsch T5 II ANC McLaren my number two right now. Zero issues with either.

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #36,935 of 62,439
Got my Edifier Neobuds and the sound is good but not great. They seem a bit muffled to me, especially on phone calls. Expected a lot better treble since they have a Knowles BA driver. Mic is good though and ANC is as good as Sony XM4s in my opinion. Case is small and looks cool. Wished if they sounded less muffled.

Back to my Sennheiser MTW2 as I have yet to hear another TWS that is better sounding to my ears at least. The touch customizability makes these perfect.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #36,937 of 62,439
I started a new thread before I saw this one. Has anyone used a true wireless MMCX adapter with CA Amdromeda like the Shure RMCE-TW1 or FiiO UTWS3? I would love to be able to enjoy the Andromeda’s When out and a little without having to deal with cables and adapters. I’m using an iPhone so not sure how Bluetooth connection would be between these adapters and iOS. I’m not looking at EQ not anything fancy
I use 4-pin -> MMCX adapters with adjustable bass to connect my JH Lola’s to the Fiio UTSW3. I’m listening to them right now in fact. Absolutely incredible sound

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #36,938 of 62,439
I think it's great that the Gemini is finally getting some due props. These days I think we're all inclined to dismiss things like EAM or IDC as mere "hackronymns" but Devialet's Ear Active Matching and Internal Delay Compensation might actually be some pretty amazing technology, not just "tuning" (as it's all-too-often put here). These innovations probably require some physical space to do their thing and then there's the proprietary 10mm driver, so the size of the buds is probably non-negotiable. The case might be able to be shrunk a slight amount, but with the battery and wireless charging I trust Devialet did the best they could.

As for LDAC, these get maybe 4 hours with apt-x and ANC. So maybe BT 5.2 will help (?) butI guess what we have is the current state of the art for now.
i love the Gemini sound and the ANC but they don’t stay in my ears very well despite trying dozens of different tips. I also get a popping sound on the right one when I move around so they’re not good for the gym. Oh and the case pops open in my bag a lot. But they do sound pretty Incredible!

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #36,939 of 62,439
I want to spend upwards of $1000 for the ultimate tws, but no manufacturer wants to step up and they just keep making mediocre crap.
I have about $2K into my setup - JH Lola + Fiio UTSW3. The sound is astonishing. that might be your best option if you want to go high end. The other nice thing is you can toss the adapters out as new wireless technology comes out or batteries wear out

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #36,940 of 62,439
@snowy8171 @Juturna, I second this. Despite the amazing sound and features, my EQs went back. Same pop in the left earbud. B&O do not have a fix (if any) yet. I'd put the Devialet Gemini as my number one. Klipsch T5 II ANC McLaren my number two right now. Zero issues with either.
Possible same boat here. No popping but the fit sucks for me. I need something with some grip. Any recommendations? The stock are best but any sweat and forget it. I'm bummed. Pulled my pi7 out and the EQ sound much better to me.

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #36,942 of 62,439
I have about $2K into my setup - JH Lola + Fiio UTSW3. The sound is astonishing. that might be your best option if you want to go high end. The other nice thing is you can toss the adapters out as new wireless technology comes out or batteries wear out
Sweet. Not so much the money (although it's a lot) but rather lack of ANC and sweatproofing that would hold me back.

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #36,943 of 62,439
to devialet gemini users,

have you been experiencing fast battery drain when using the buds? mine drops from 100% to 67% in an hour of usage with ANC on ang volume setting at half. I'm not sure if the battery health has already dropped because of the battery drain issue before the April update.

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #36,944 of 62,439
Sweet. Not so much the money (although it's a lotbut rather lack of ANC and sweatproofing that would hold me back.
to devialet gemini users,

have you been experiencing fast battery drain when using the buds? mine drops from 100% to 67% in an hour of usage with ANC on ang volume setting at half. I'm not sure if the battery health has already dropped because of the battery drain issue before the April update.
Battery drain in standby here for me. There's an update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back