Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 30, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #36,783 of 62,422
Another new firmware update just popped up in the M&D app for the MW08 Sport for anyone who owns them or is interested :)

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #36,784 of 62,422
Another new firmware update just popped up in the M&D app for the MW08 Sport for anyone who owns them or is interested :)
Still very noticable difference in bass between Max ANC vs All day ANC/Off. (and Ambient Voice vs Awareness)
Still no EQ.
Still feels both Lypertek Z7 and Sony sound better :frowning2:
Don't misunderstand me, I still like them, but I would like all modes to have the same sound signature. If they aren't, the EQ would be a God send...
I use All Day ANC when listening to music. Best sound for my taste.

I've been tip rolling like a maniac lately, and found out the following:
Lypertek Z7; are great with most medium sized (for me) tips, from both Final E Type, Spinfit CP360, JVC Spiral Dots and even the stock tips. Now I use the CP360 in medium.

Sony XM4; they sound best with Final E Type Large, but I have this noise problem in the left ear when chewing etc. Best compromise with comfort/fit/no noise/sound is actually the TW-200-C from Comply Foam. They are great. I use size Large. (M could be fine, but I don't have those)

M&D MW08S; found a really good match with Spinfit CP360 Large. Fit, comfort, sound and ANC are all good.

Lypertek Tevi; TW-200-C are very good for those as well. These are my working out buds. The "thump" noise when running is limited to minimum and sound is decent (lose a little bit of bass vs silicone tips, but they have EQ, so...)

Airpods Pro; ePro horn shaped nozzle eartips are still my go to tips for these.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #36,785 of 62,422
No sane person couldn't like them for the money.
Agreed, after listening to them for a few hours they do sound good, and with that being said the Fiil T1XS definitely give them a run for the their money at around 1/4 of the price.
Without using the eq on both, the Fiil T1Xs sound signature is less colored but it's early to say as I'm still A/B'ing them here and there.

This is not to say the CA MT aren't worth it, they do, but the Fiil is just a steal and they punch way above their weight and have no business competing with the MT on price bracket alone but they sure do and it may come down to someone's sound preference.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #36,786 of 62,422
hey so I was wondering between the Master and Dynamic MW07 Plus and the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 and my goal is the most natural sound with not too much base, good mids and highs and natural sounding vocals that are closer to you in the mix. So which one of those two should I choose? Because I read online that they both cover my expectations or at least the reviews say they do but the MW ones have 10mm drivers and the Sennheisers have 7mm and I listen to music loud so bigger drivers are better? What do you think? Which one to go with?

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #36,787 of 62,422
Agreed, after listening to them for a few hours they do sound good, and with that being said the Fiil T1Xs definitely give them run for the their money at 1/4 of the price.
Without using the eq on both, the Fiil T1Xs sound signature is less colored but it's early to say as I'm still A/B'ing them here and there.

This is not to say the CA MT aren't worth it, they do, but the Fiil is just a steal and they punch way above their weight and have no business competing with the MT on price bracket alone but they sure do and it may come down to someone's sound preference.
How are they on comfort/fit? I’m looking to replace my wife’s AirPods Pro, she finds them uncomfortable at the jaw. She tried on the MT and found them comfortable. You speak very highly of the sound quality (she’ll use mostly for podcasts and some music) and the white ones are like $27.50 on Amazon right now. Seems silly not to consider them. Thanks

EDIT: you answered that already
“currently using the FIIL T1XS and it’s the most comfortable TWS and earphones I have had in 10 years”

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #36,788 of 62,422
hey so I was wondering between the Master and Dynamic MW07 Plus and the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 and my goal is the most natural sound with not too much base, good mids and highs and natural sounding vocals that are closer to you in the mix. So which one of those two should I choose? Because I read online that they both cover my expectations or at least the reviews say they do but the MW ones have 10mm drivers and the Sennheisers have 7mm and I listen to music loud so bigger drivers are better? What do you think? Which one to go with?
I would go with MTW2 in this fight and you get an EQ option with them which you won't get with the Plus. You get a little too much bass in the Senns but you can EQ it out and bump up the mids if needed.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #36,789 of 62,422
Agreed, after listening to them for a few hours they do sound good, and with that being said the Fiil T1Xs definitely give them run for the their money at 1/4 of the price.

I still have and use my Fiil T1X. I have no complaints with sound or fit.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #36,790 of 62,422
Have you tested call quality by any chance?
The sq is very nice but boy, people are unable to hear me properly during calls. :frowning2:
If you use the included MT wings, you may actually have the small mics blocked by the rubber sleeve. The holes in those sleeves to accommodate the mics are very small and the alignment doesn’t have to be far off. I may try enlarging the holes.

Aug 30, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #36,791 of 62,422
I like the Moondrop Sparks a lot, considering they're wireless. Not as good as wired options yet though, and that's not just a result of wireless lowering the quality, but the sound signatures of them in general.

Aug 30, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #36,792 of 62,422
B&W PI7 with 30% discount on amazon.co.uk and amazon.it warehouses. Final price for white ones ("used - very good", 4 items at the moment) on amazon.it is 227€.
On amazon.it also 20% discount for brand new. They are not available at the moment, I don't know if the discount will be applied when they are back in stock.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #36,793 of 62,422

Ordered. Thanks for recommendation

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #36,794 of 62,422
Re the Gemini, it sounds like they’ve been getting some positive feedback, certainly over last few pages or so.
Do the owners think it’s an ok choice for workouts at the gym? Or not great?

I will be gyming with these too soon with a mix of weight lifting and tabata. Will let you know if these stay in place.

Just to follow up on this when using Geminis at the gym. For me these don't work well for my ears since they constantly fall out of my ears when I'm doing intensive cardio. No issues if just lifting. I prefer the MTs and Galaxy Buds for workout sessions because of the wingtips.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #36,795 of 62,422
I had this issue a few times, but changed my tips and then altered my EQ setting. Haven't heard anything since. I'm using the ePros on them now, will report back if I hear any issues again...
I used the ePros and Finals and cannot seem to replicate it using both usual (far right just up from energetic) and high treble settings. Will continue to listen, but I have to turn the treble down a bit as I think my ears are bleeding a little :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back