Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #36,452 of 61,363
First impression of the Gemini…I think closer to what I hoped/expected the PI7 to be. It’s like loudspeakers in my ears. Strong bass, and the details in the mids and highs are fantastic.
No issues pairing either. Very comfortable, too. (Dare I say more so than the Klipsch). Very easy to set in my ears. Thanks for the recommendation

all that said, would you believe Amazon sent me an open box? Replacement coming Monday , but come on!! Oh well l, back to music
Yeah, they're pretty incredible. Amazon has done that to me too before. Frustrating, but they usually come through.

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #36,453 of 61,363
First impression of the Gemini…I think closer to what I hoped/expected the PI7 to be. It’s like loudspeakers in my ears. Strong bass, and the details in the mids and highs are fantastic.
No issues pairing either. Very comfortable, too. (Dare I say more so than the Klipsch). Very easy to set in my ears. Thanks for the recommendation

all that said, would you believe Amazon sent me an open box? Replacement coming Monday , but come on!! Oh well l, back to music
Do the Gemini's have proprietary tips like the Klipsch, or can you change them universally if you wish?

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #36,454 of 61,363
Universal :wink:

Aug 21, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #36,455 of 61,363
Hello fellow Headfiers.
I could use some advice
I just picked up a FiiO M11 Plus Ltd DAP. And I’m looking for the best in ear wireless headphones to take advantage of the superior Bluetooth codec capabilities offerings with this device.

I own the FiiO UTWS3 True Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier. And the Jabra Elite65t.
And I wonder if you think if an
upgrade is worth it.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Tal

P.S. I have a bunch of headphones and IEMs. I’m looking for the best in-ear wireless sound possible. So I can get the best musical experience even when I’m loading the dishwasher for example:)

P.P.S. More snake oil?? https://www.goertek.com/en/content/details15_134224.html

Aug 22, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #36,456 of 61,363

Found some reviews, and most of them has issues like for example these. Can you relate to them? Are some of them fixed by firmware upgrades? (Sound with ANC on/off)

- Performance with ANC switched off is poor
- Sound isn’t very expansive
- Touch controls could be better

- Audio suffers with ANC off
- Inconsistent touch controls

- Fit can come loose
- Baffling ‘Neutral’ mode

- Sound quality in ‘Neutral’ and ‘Transparency’ modes is just not good

Aug 22, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #36,457 of 61,363
Found some reviews, and most of them has issues like for example these. Can you relate to them? Are some of them fixed by firmware upgrades? (Sound with ANC on/off)

- Performance with ANC switched off is poor
- Sound isn’t very expansive
- Touch controls could be better

- Audio suffers with ANC off
- Inconsistent touch controls

- Fit can come loose
- Baffling ‘Neutral’ mode

- Sound quality in ‘Neutral’ and ‘Transparency’ modes is just not good
I read those also, was a little worried as I usually keep anc off unless in noisy environment (outside in City, subway, etc)

So far, whatever I felt was missing in neutral, Ive been able to add by adjusting the eq. It doesn’t sound “not good” at all. I think it sounds great, very clear, detailed, all instruments represented. Strumming of a guitar (pinball wizard playing right now), pull across a violin, very nice. Honestly, not sure I can speak to criticism of “not expansive”. I can say music seems very full, and not just in my head. Like I said earlier, like loudspeakers in my ears.

touch controls seem fine. What bothers me most is switch from anc to transparency doesn’t include neutral. I don’t need volume on buds, usually have my watch on to control volume. All other basic controls are there.

Using iPhone 12. SiriusXM app and Apple Music lossless. Listening to classic rock, jazz, jam bands (phish, dead), r&b, reggae; both live and studio. Stock medium eartips. Get plenty loud. Passive noise cancel is really good, too.

very comfortable, don’t go as far into ear canal as Klipsch. Haven’t been outside with them yet, hurricane in NE and all, but nothing loose yet. In fact, feel pretty stable. Tried the Flossy head shake test too. One fell out last night, but that’s after falling asleep listening to music in the chair.

I like how app stays connected to earbuds even after swiping out of app (Klipsch for example needs to reconnect to app each time leave and go back to app)

ADD: has opportunity to use transparency, easy convo with my son.
also, battery drain very uneven. Was hoping I could swap which is master/support but Devialet faq say right side always master. Also seems as though have to keep case open if right bud is in there but want to use left side

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #36,458 of 61,363
Just hopped on to say goodbye. Maybe for a while, maybe permanently. Veterans on this forum need to change their tune.

I will not be attending CanJam and I will not be providing this site with any more content. I wish you all the best should you choose to stay here, but I can no longer support what Head-Fi has become.

Goodbye.

Say... what? I’ve not just read this...

What the hell happened?

You are an integral part of this...

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #36,460 of 61,363
Totally agree. It's all opinion. I have the MW08S (I don't feel it's too bass heavy and the foam tips are great), B&O EQ, Klipsch T5 II ANC McLaren and Devialet Gemini on my desk and they're all so good. Each one has its sparkle that sets one apart from the other. If you have the cash, might as well try them all IMO. But as I always say, if not, and you only want one, the Gemini are my #1 in that group.
I want to try the Devialet, but I just can't deal with that chonk of a case. Unforgiveable.
Maybe a second gen with LDAC, BT 5.2 and much smaller, pocketable case could bring me over.

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #36,462 of 61,363
I want to try the Devialet, but I just can't deal with that chonk of a case. Unforgiveable.
Maybe a second gen with LDAC, BT 5.2 and much smaller, pocketable case could bring me over.
I felt the same way about the case. Now that I’m listening to them, I think it’s a logistical issue I can deal with.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #36,463 of 61,363
Does anyone on Samsung or Android utilize the listening test profile to boost frequencies or how do you feel about it? If I am not able to hear those and they are being boosted, should it or is this altering the sound too much?

Aug 22, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #36,464 of 61,363
Do the Gemini's have proprietary tips like the Klipsch, or can you change them universally if you wish?
Trying out the Finals on the Gemini. They fit and are more open at driver than the stock.

I do find it interesting that both B&W and Devialet run something across the driver, foam or rubber grate, while the Finals are just open. Hope not bad for driver unit to be so exposed. It does seem as though Gemini have a metal grate at tip of nozzle
(Maybe inner monologue?)

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #36,465 of 61,363
Size comparison between Sony 1000xm3, APP and Panasonic rz-s500w.

bHZABGe.jpg
What did you replace the stock Panasonic tips with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back