Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #36,422 of 62,574
What are you using now?
No over ears, just TWS right now. I did have the Sennheiser M3s and really loved the sound. ANC was bad in my use. If they upped the ante there, I would’ve kept them. They are so comfy.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #36,423 of 62,574
Gemini should be arriving from Amazon today and still have the black MT in my CA cart ( think return policy is better for direct sales, and same price as Amazon). Been reading up on the MW08 and Kef MU3 this am.

also switched out the T5 XL tips after reading booleanbones talk about how he doesn’t feel them. Realized once I got the fit trick down, I should try smaller tips as that seems to be Klipsch MO. Was good idea, thanks
What’s the fit trick?

Aug 21, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #36,424 of 62,574
What’s the fit trick?
Insert and twist and then push. I know that may be par for course with TWS, but I wasn’t doing it, or not enough. I have to twist and then give an extra push in and they create a good seal. I think I might insert, twist up, then twist down, then push in

Swapped out xl for large in one ear and medium + in the other

edit: who am I kidding, I jam them in. I hold my earlobe with couple of fingers and use others to push the bud in.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #36,425 of 62,574
Gemini should be arriving from Amazon today and still have the black MT in my CA cart ( think return policy is better for direct sales, and same price as Amazon). Been reading up on the MW08 and Kef MU3 this am.

also switched out the T5 XL tips after reading booleanbones talk about how he doesn’t feel them. Realized once I got the fit trick down, I should try smaller tips as that seems to be Klipsch MO. Was good idea, thanks
Ordered the MT. Now I’ve got the Gemini, MT, and XM4 on the way…while enjoying the T5. The MW08 and Kef are all that’s left to order (already tried the PI7). The MW08 really seem to have to different experiences on this board.

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #36,426 of 62,574
Ordered the MT. Now I’ve got the Gemini, MT, and XM4 on the way…while enjoying the T5. The MW08 and Kef are all that’s left to order (already tried the PI7). The MW08 really seem to have to different experiences on this board.
Wow! Looking forward to any comparisons that you post!

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #36,428 of 62,574
Not to throw a variable in the mix, but the B&O EQ have really good SQ in my opinion. I actually think they fill a couple of the shortcomings of the PI7s (coming from a B&W fanboy). Great case and a handy sound adjustment "wheel". I don't have the ears as some of the folks here, but the clarity of them is very nice. Listened to them for a few hours last night, and I was pretty impressed. Definitely a noticeable difference when I switched to the XM4s and T5 IIs and listened to the same tracks. They don't have the features the other two have though, but so far pretty good ANC (Adaptive). I will listen to them some more today and try to get a better comparison of the three.

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #36,429 of 62,574
Not to throw a variable in the mix, but the B&O EQ have really good SQ in my opinion. I actually think they fill a couple of the shortcomings of the PI7s (coming from a B&W fanboy). Great case and a handy sound adjustment "wheel". I don't have the ears as some of the folks here, but the clarity of them is very nice. Listened to them for a few hours last night, and I was pretty impressed. Definitely a noticeable difference when I switched to the XM4s and T5 IIs and listened to the same tracks. They don't have the features the other two have though, but so far pretty good ANC (Adaptive). I will listen to them some more today and try to get a better comparison of the three.
Yeah, been watching you guys write about the B&O. Besides the cost differential, I have same hesitation as I do with the MW08…whenever I tried their over ears I wasn’t so impressed…in fact, ended up with B&W. That said, that was years ago.

And talk about B&W fanboy, I tried 2 PI5 and 3 PI7…I reeaalllly wanted to love them. Still second guessing my decision to return them; but I just heard so much more clarity in the highs on the T5 I couldn’t listen to the PI7 anymore. They’re fun and warm and cozy but there’s something missing despite the extra driver

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #36,430 of 62,574
Yeah, been watching you guys write about the B&O. Besides the cost differential, I have same hesitation as I do with the MW08…whenever I tried their over ears I wasn’t so impressed…in fact, ended up with B&W. That said, that was years ago.

And talk about B&W fanboy, I tried 2 PI5 and 3 PI7…I reeaalllly wanted to love them. Still second guessing my decision to return them; but I just heard so much more clarity in the highs on the T5 I couldn’t listen to the PI7 anymore. They’re fun and warm and cozy but there’s something missing despite the extra driver
I’d love to try the EQ. Are they available through anyone other than B&O direct that this time? Quick search shows not yet on Amazon. I have a hard time paying that much without a high end codec on board. It seems like we have hit the peak of how good a single DD can sound in a tws with AAC / APTx as the max codec. A little bit like chasing unicorns.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #36,431 of 62,574

I feel your pain :D I have never tried their cans, but I do have a pair of the E8 v1s which I grew sour on.

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #36,432 of 62,574
I’d love to try the EQ. Are they available through anyone other than B&O direct that this time? Quick search shows not yet on Amazon. I have a hard time paying that much without a high end codec on board. It seems like we have hit the peak of how good a single DD can sound in a tws with AAC / APTx as the max codec.
I bought direct. I didn't see them anywhere else either. They were just released I think.

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #36,433 of 62,574
I’d love to try the EQ. Are they available through anyone other than B&O direct that this time? Quick search shows not yet on Amazon. I have a hard time paying that much without a high end codec on board. It seems like we have hit the peak of how good a single DD can sound in a tws with AAC / APTx as the max codec. A little bit like chasing unicorns.
Closest thing I’m seeing to additional distribution is “coming soon” with “preorder” at B&H Photo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back