Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 20, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #36,407 of 62,443
B&O sent me this coupon. It's for the standard Beoplay E8 Third Gen, but they're still a beautiful pair of TWS.

Enjoy 30% off select products
For a limited time only, get 30% off* the below selection of products. Use the code 30FLASHSALE at checkout to apply the discount.

GO TO OFFERS

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #36,408 of 62,443
B&O sent me this coupon. It's for the standard Beoplay E8 Third Gen, but they're still a beautiful pair of TWS.

Enjoy 30% off select products
For a limited time only, get 30% off* the below selection of products. Use the code 30FLASHSALE at checkout to apply the discount.

GO TO OFFERS
You didn’t mention their 2500$ speakers the coupon applies to also 😂

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #36,409 of 62,443
Absolutely. I love to hear others opinions. I primarily listen to hard rock/metal and movie scores. So for that, these work so very well.
Got the EQs and T5 II ANCs yesterday and have been listening a bit. You were spot on with the quality of the EQ setup, very nice. The T5s are hardly noticeable in the ears once you get the fit down. The features on the Klipsch are great for sure. I like the sound of both, but wanted a bit more volume to both, but especially the EQs. Kind of wondering now if I need to go get my hearing checked :)

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #36,410 of 62,443
Got the EQs and T5 II ANCs yesterday and have been listening a bit. You were spot on with the quality of the EQ setup, very nice. The T5s are hardly noticeable in the ears once you get the fit down. The features on the Klipsch are great for sure. I like the sound of both, but wanted a bit more volume to both, but especially the EQs. Kind of wondering now if I need to go get my hearing checked :)
Glad you're enjoying them. Yeah, the EQs definitely do not get as loud as the T5. I've been going back and forth all day too. I really am enjoying them both. I bought some Final tips that will be here tomorrow. Going to try them on the B&O. Well, after all my years of listening to Metal, I'm sure I've lost some. I remember in 1990 there was a surprise GnR show in Philly and man, Slash hit a note and it felt like a needle. Sure, I blame Slash. I can do that :L3000:

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #36,411 of 62,443
Glad you're enjoying them. Yeah, the EQs definitely do not get as loud as the T5. I've been going back and forth all day too. I really am enjoying them both. I bought some Final tips that will be here tomorrow. Going to try them on the B&O. Well, after all my years of listening to Metal, I'm sure I've lost some. I remember in 1990 there was a surprise GnR show in Philly and man, Slash hit a note and it felt like a needle. Sure, I blame Slash. I can do that :L3000:
Slash will do that. Saw him jamming with Fergie on youtube or something. I think I like her singing Sweet Child O Mine better than Axl. I have Finals on the EQs now and really do like the sound and flexibility. Will listen some more this weekend and maybe come to a conclusion. I have PX7 carbons coming tomorrow, so not sure how successful I will be.

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #36,412 of 62,443
Slash will do that. Saw him jamming with Fergie on youtube or something. I think I like her singing Sweet Child O Mine better than Axl. I have Finals on the EQs now and really do like the sound and flexibility. Will listen some more this weekend and maybe come to a conclusion. I have PX7 carbons coming tomorrow, so not sure how successful I will be.
PX7 over ears? I had them too Ha ha! So sad. Good to hear about the Finals. Looking forward to trying them.

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #36,413 of 62,443
PX7 over ears? I had them too Ha ha! So sad. Good to hear about the Finals. Looking forward to trying them.
Yep. I have the PX v2 which are pretty good and built very nicely, but been thinking of upgrading them for a while as they are a bit heavy. Thought I would give the carbons a chance. Just going to start dropping you a note prior to my purchases to see what you think :D

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #36,414 of 62,443
Yep. I have the PX v2 which are pretty good and built very nicely, but been thinking of upgrading them for a while as they are a bit heavy. Thought I would give the carbons a chance. Just going to start dropping you a note prior to my purchases to see what you think :D
They're incredibly nice. ANC is nothing compared to the Sony and Bose and AirPods Max. I wound up flipping them. Didn't use them enough and I can never use over ears for too long without having to take them off. True Wireless all the way these days.

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #36,415 of 62,443
They're incredibly nice. ANC is nothing compared to the Sony and Bose and AirPods Max. I wound up flipping them. Didn't use them enough and I can never use over ears for too long without having to take them off. True Wireless all the way these days.
Off topic a bit but I’ve been toying with a pair of APM again. How are you liking them? My memory tells me sq was so so and the miss were sucked out. Any improvements along the way? I’m switching to android but plenty of iOS in the house.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #36,416 of 62,443
Nuarl N10 Pro vs N6 Pro 2

Ok, the review that no one asked for but was promised 7 weeks ago anyway.

The long and the short of it is that I prefer the N6 Pro 2. I find their design, their feel and their sound all superior to the N10 Pro.

The basics are that the N10 Pro has a wider soundstage. If we are talking about our heads the N10 Pro wraps its sound all the way around the back my head, over the top and just falling short of reaching my forehead pre-frontal whatever. The N6 Pro 2 in comparison doesn’t do the full wrap but gets pretty damned close. BUT I have started to find that perhaps a wider sound stage also = a reduced bass response. This might not be true at all and perhaps I should be put in jail for spreading misinformation but it is the impression I get from the Nuarl range.

But beyond that I also think the detail and energy of the N6 Pro 2 is better as well. With energy, I don’t mean electrical energy (Although that is great too, who doesn’t love electricity!) I mean the sound signature is more energetic but also true to form and detailed with great spacing and instrument placement.

There isn’t too much more to say I guess, even Nuarl has said that the N6 Pro 2 is their best sound yet so take that as you will.

The pro’s of the Pro is the dual earpiece functionality, the ANC (Not really a pro on any TWS IMO) AND the big pro of having the wing tip that it has an option to remove and replace with a little rubber wingless bit. However several weeks into the N6 Pro 2 and the one size fits all wing tip has not crossed my mind as an inconvenience.

The N10 Rubber wing tip piece also tends to collect dust fast and quickly starts to look less flashy.

I also have the N6 Mini and find myself using this more than the N10 Pro, the sound isn’t as good surely, but it has this more ‘full’ rounded and warm feel to its signature.

what tips are you using? did you get the foam tips from Earspan? they changed the sound signature of the N10 pro quite a bit. my initial review of the N10 pro was similar to yours with bass lacking. but their sound stage is not just 3d warping around the head but wide as in vocals etc are projecting further outside the head. there is also EQ option to boost up the bass in APP which is plenty.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #36,417 of 62,443
I think I want ANC since I’ll be walking around NYC with them, but the MT get such props around here and they happen to be back in stock on their US website….oh man, do I have to try them too? 😱😂
SQ is very important to me. Tempted by the Devialet but the size of the case is a bit of a turn off.
That said, comfort was another reason I’ve been hesitant, as Sonys seem very large and read through some critiques of shape/size
I just noticed that the MT are back on Amazon as well for a discounted price of $119. I had the XM3 and XM4 before I got the MT. Both Sony's went back because the SQ of the MT was far superior to my ears. I have missed the anc a couple of times when on a plane, but for the most part the passive isolation of the MT with Azla Crystal tips or EPro tws tips has been more than enough for me. Granted, I don't live in NY so take that with a grain of salt. The Devialet Gemini was definitely the BEST sounding ANC TWS I had, but the short battery life and a couple of other quirks made them not feasible for me at their price point.

I am also one of the few folks here (I think) that has the Moondrop Sparks. I really love them and find them to be a great complement to the MT.

Moondrop finally released their Android app, Moondrop Link, in the Play store and holy $&#& is it sketchy from a security perspective. I downloaded it, updated the firmware and immediately deleted it. It needs your GPS location in order to do anything (fw update, EQ, etc). The privacy policy and the data they collect is also super alarming. The eq is a joke as well with like 5 presets with nonsensical names. Good thing they sound great with all of their defaults. Moondrop needs to take note, as I would recommend everyone stay FAR AWAY from that app.

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #36,418 of 62,443
I just noticed that the MT are back on Amazon as well for a discounted price of $119. I had the XM3 and XM4 before I got the MT. Both Sony's went back because the SQ of the MT was far superior to my ears. I have missed the anc a couple of times when on a plane, but for the most part the passive isolation of the MT with Azla Crystal tips or EPro tws tips has been more than enough for me. Granted, I don't live in NY so take that with a grain of salt. The Devialet Gemini was definitely the BEST sounding ANC TWS I had, but the short battery life and a couple of other quirks made them not feasible for me at their price point.

I am also one of the few folks here (I think) that has the Moondrop Sparks. I really love them and find them to be a great complement to the MT.

Moondrop finally released their Android app, Moondrop Link, in the Play store and holy $&#& is it sketchy from a security perspective. I downloaded it, updated the firmware and immediately deleted it. It needs your GPS location in order to do anything (fw update, EQ, etc). The privacy policy and the data they collect is also super alarming. The eq is a joke as well with like 5 presets with nonsensical names. Good thing they sound great with all of their defaults. Moondrop needs to take note, as I would recommend everyone stay FAR AWAY from that app.
Gemini should be arriving from Amazon today and still have the black MT in my CA cart ( think return policy is better for direct sales, and same price as Amazon). Been reading up on the MW08 and Kef MU3 this am.

also switched out the T5 XL tips after reading booleanbones talk about how he doesn’t feel them. Realized once I got the fit trick down, I should try smaller tips as that seems to be Klipsch MO. Was good idea, thanks

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #36,419 of 62,443
Off topic a bit but I’ve been toying with a pair of APM again. How are you liking them? My memory tells me sq was so so and the miss were sucked out. Any improvements along the way? I’m switching to android but plenty of iOS in the house.
I truly liked them and they work so well within the Apple ecosystem. ANC was amazing. I didn’t like the sound. Separation and soundstage was nice. Did feel they lacked punch. Wound up flipping them. The clamping fit was just too much for me. Plus, they are heavy.

Aug 21, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #36,420 of 62,443
I truly liked them and they work so well within the Apple ecosystem. ANC was amazing. I didn’t like the sound. Separation and soundstage was nice. Did feel they lacked punch. Wound up flipping them. The clamping fit was just too much for me. Plus, they are heavy.
What are you using now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back