Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 10, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #36,091 of 62,417
Does anyone have any experience running with the Jabra 75t Active and an Apple Watch as the source? I wear my watch on the left wrist and the Jabra cuts out like mad. I'll try the right wrist but it's disappointing that Mpow and Soundpeats make TWS that can use my Apple Watch without issue but the Jabra can't.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #36,092 of 62,417
Hello wise and experienced TWS enthusiasts!

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both the M&D MW08S and the Devialet Gemini. I want CA MTs but have no idea how long I'll have to wait for them to be available again. So why not spend some more $$$ for instant gratification?! Haha.

Jokes aside, I'm curious about differences in SQ and importantly, if either the MW08S or Gemini could stay put during a run.

Also considering the klipsch and NFP but for whatever reason the Devialet and M&D have caught my interest. UE Fits aren't available in Canada. How stupid is that?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #36,094 of 62,417
Thanks! However since I'm not in Europe so when being redirected to North America the option to purchase isn't available :frowning2:
I've noticed that recently as well, but don't have an answer for it. Did email out about the recent round of firmware updates, but we probably won't see an answer for another 12 or so hours.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #36,095 of 62,417
And on a side note, where do you guys see the CA Melomania Touch available?
I checked on their site, Amazon to no
As an FYI, I listed my MTs on the for sale forum and the potential buyer said he contacted CA and they said they have supply chain issues (parts availability etc.) and could not give him a date for restocking. I probably will sell them, for reasons stated. I just have too much stuff and honestly prefer the M1+.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #36,096 of 62,417

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both the M&D MW08S and the Devialet Gemini. I want CA MTs but have no idea how long I'll have to wait for them to be available again. So why not spend some more $$$ for instant gratification?! Haha.

Jokes aside, I'm curious about differences in SQ and importantly, if either the MW08S or Gemini could stay put during a run.

Also considering the klipsch and NFP but for whatever reason the Devialet and M&D have caught my interest. UE Fits aren't available in Canada. How stupid is that?

Thanks in advance!
I strongly advocate for the Devialet over M&D personally. Devialet were phenomenal but a few glitches made them not my daily carry - but they may be my favorite sound yet. I found the M&D clear, but uninspiring.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #36,097 of 62,417
As an FYI, I listed my MTs on the for sale forum and the potential buyer said he contacted CA and they said they have supply chain issues (parts availability etc.) and could not give him a date for restocking. I probably will sell them, for reasons stated. I just have too much stuff and honestly prefer the M1+.
Ooph, alas they are the white! :sob: I've been going all black.

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #36,098 of 62,417
I saw that these are out there even though there is no real other proof of their existence on Google or on the JVC site...
IMG_1698.JPGIMG_1700.JPGIMG_1701.JPGIMG_1703.JPG
The Z55T Gumy mini. Tiny beater in some cool colors. I got the Matcha green. First JVC budget with USB C connector. The goal is to see if they are a TWS version of the FX22W(FX28W in Japan) which is a small cheap comfy fit wireless with a special sort of sound that is why you still troll in the budget realm. Some technical ability that you can't complain but they have a character and personality that engages and makes you like to listen regardless of price. Good to have a beater as well. No real complaints with any JVC so far except maybe the HA-A8T which is good but they have to fit you and have no sort of fit kit and they are small for an earpod style so not for many if they don't have the ears. Victor FXT100 still a top performer, the runners bud still the best fit and sweet sound using the on board bass boost and "Classic EQ" on my DAP. Also the semi wireless FX22W which was on sale for $9.95 and a pleasant surprise. I got these for $25 and we'll see after they charge up if they are gonna have a little fun magic to them.

As far as the origin this is interesting...
1628635072924.png

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #36,099 of 62,417

Thanks in advance!
I prefer the Devialet over the MW08S but I do have and enjoy both. Neither are good for heavy workouts. I can imagine they'd fall out of your ears. That said, the sound quality is wonderful on both. Better on the Devialet. They fixed all the firmware issues and re-released the buds a few months back. I have zero issues.

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #36,100 of 62,417
So I'm not sure if I should blame it on the firmware updates changing the sound, or if I just greatly prefer my WF1000XM4's now, but I'm just not liking the Melomania Touch's right now. The WF1000XM4 with a simple tip change, using LDAC, and no EQ at all sounds way more neutral and detailed. I just put my Melomania Touch's in my ears, updated the firmware to the latest one, and I'm still not as happy with the sound as I was a few weeks ago.

If anyone wants to make me an offer to buy mine since nobody seems to have them in stock I may take you up on it.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #36,101 of 62,417
Thanks so much for the responses. After sifting through as much of this thread as I could I see a lot of people love the sound signature on the Devialets, and as you say it seems all the firmware issues have been ironed out. Maybe I should pull the trigger and if I still want something for running, get something with ear hooks or similar.

How about a best SQ for running TWS recommendation? How bad do the Powerbeats Pro sound?

Cheers all!

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #36,102 of 62,417
Thanks! I have the Z7s now, and yes, they do connect on my phone (Huawei P10) to standard aptx. Have you (or anyone else who owns the Lypertek Z7) been using the foam tips? They are quite challenging to get on, and I don't want to find myself in the same situation as a few others in terms of ending up with a broken nozzle. I always use foam tips on my Tevis, and they are great. Does anyone have any recommendations for foam tips with a slightly wider bore than the Z7 Flexifit tips?
I didn't have any luck with the stock tips (silicone or foam). I ended up using large Final silicone tips. And be careful changing tips. One of my nozzles snapped off, but luckily the store I bought them from sent me a new replacement pair.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #36,103 of 62,417
So I'm not sure if I should blame it on the firmware updates changing the sound, or if I just greatly prefer my WF1000XM4's now, but I'm just not liking the Melomania Touch's right now. The WF1000XM4 with a simple tip change, using LDAC, and no EQ at all sounds way more neutral and detailed. I just put my Melomania Touch's in my ears, updated the firmware to the latest one, and I'm still not as happy with the sound as I was a few weeks ago.

If anyone wants to make me an offer to buy mine since nobody seems to have them in stock I may take you up on it.
I'll trade you for the Lypertek Z7s. Amazing sound, but I can't seem to get a proper fit with them.

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #36,104 of 62,417
@miserybeforethemusic I can't help but still be curious about the MT - I do like me some bass and fun tuning as as long as it's not at too much of a cost.

I bought the JBL Tour Pro+ and, with a lot of EQing, got them somewhere I'm ok with, but thinking I'll sell.

Now, I just got the Nuarl N6 Pro 2 and out of the box I really wanted to EQ them but between the HDSS (I think) and the driver, they have a tremendous clarity (imho). I did adjust the EQ in Spotify to up the bass (for my taste) and they deliver with 0 issues - I just want an EQ in the N6 app itself (which is barebones).

I don't know if you have plans to try them, but I would be very curious to hear your thoughts on the N6 Pro 2 vs Melomania Touch! (Anyone else who may have both please also comment!) I'm also very interested in the MT mic quality for calls.
I don't have the N6P 2, but I have the N6P and the MT. I can tell you that they are polar opposites. MT are warmer, and more of a fun tuned TWS. The N6P are more neutral, and very revealing for a TWS. They are also pretty picky with lower quality tracks than the MT. The MT sound just as good with Spotify mp3s, as they do with 24/96 stuff because they are so warm, and the upper treble is a bit rolled off. This is not to say that you can't hear any details though. If you want a pair for only out and about MT are the way to go, but if you are in a quiet place and/or at home, you might prefer the N6P (or N6P 2??). Bottom line is that the MT are more versatile in their tuning, whereas the N6P are really best for things that need detail retrieval.

All this is my opinion only...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back