Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #34,576 of 62,416
I've experienced this too, but very seldomly. I think all I did was put them back in the case for a moment and they were fixed but I can't remember, but it could have been humidity for me, too. All I can suggest is to see if it continues to happen in an air conditioned environment, but it does seem like there is a defect. Have you contacted support? They are pretty responsive.
Thanks for your reply! I put them back in the case to recharge fully and then they returned to normal functionality. :fingers_crossed: I'm going to keep playing with them for sure and if it's consistently just the right earbud I'll assume that there is a hardware defect of some sort that may be responsible for both the pausing and potentially battery depletion in the master bud. I hope not, but this issue is one I definitely can't live with :/.

Not experienced the touch panel glitch, but when using them earlier today, battery started at left 97 percent and right 57 percent, 15 mins later right side was dead and left still at 92 percent. I shall fully charge and hope for the best.
Interesting... please keep us posted as well, please. I'm going to start a listening session now to test. :thinking:

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #34,577 of 62,416
Is this through a VoIP app or a standard phone call (two different Bluetooth protocols and potentially codecs…???
Multiple methods, honestly:
  • Bluetooth (SBC) directly from the laptop
  • Bluetooth over a Link 380
  • Over dial-in calls on my phone
  • Over VoIP apps on my phone
I think stuff like the 85t just helps reveal how bad some of the microphones on other peoples' devices can be. Takes clever filtering to compensate for it or, in some unique cases, some tunings lend themselves better for it.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #34,578 of 62,416
Multiple methods, honestly:
  • Bluetooth (SBC) directly from the laptop
  • Bluetooth over a Link 380
  • Over dial-in calls on my phone
  • Over VoIP apps on my phone
I think stuff like the 85t just helps reveal how bad some of the microphones on other peoples' devices can be. Takes clever filtering to compensate for it or, in some unique cases, some tunings lend themselves better for it.
Thanks. This is weird as it is some more generic issue. It is really very difficult to trace stuff like this…

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #34,579 of 62,416
Thanks for your reply! I put them back in the case to recharge fully and then they returned to normal functionality. :fingers_crossed: I'm going to keep playing with them for sure and if it's consistently just the right earbud I'll assume that there is a hardware defect of some sort that may be responsible for both the pausing and potentially battery depletion in the master bud. I hope not, but this issue is one I definitely can't live with :/.

Interesting... please keep us posted as well, please. I'm going to start a listening session now to test. :thinking:
iirc I think low charge had something to do with mine as well. If so it's not consistent as in every time charge is depleted, because I've used them several times since then and ran them down to the warning "bong" sound. Anyway if it is a defect it is a rare one I can live with, and hopefully you will find same.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #34,580 of 62,416
I'm enjoying the Devialet Gemini sound - but an annoying issue has cropped up. It seems that every few seconds to minutes the touch-panel on one of the buds is being triggered pausing or unpausing music at random intervals. At first I thought it was my hair or something affecting source app but after removing those variables it seems the TWS itself may be somehow triggering the touch zone internally (perhaps moisture, it is humid here right now). It seems to be the right bud which also is 20% lower battery than the L....

I've tried an initial go at re-setting, but thus far no success - the issue is still happening. If anyone else has experienced this or has a good tip please let me know!

I did turn off the "auto-pause when an earbud is removed" option just in case.

Thanks!
Did you do the below? My new pair came with the updated firmware and had a minor issue but I did this and they've been fine for weeks now:

From Devialet back when the firmware was bad:

"Thank you for your response.

Your headphones are up to date, good news.

I invite you to perform the following manipulation:

- Remove and put the earphones one by one in the case.
- Close the case
- Press the button, and in the meantime
- Open/close the case twice in a row
- Release the button

Did the light turn flashing orange and then green for a moment?

If yes, the reset has been well done, and you will be able to put the box in pairing mode again.

Forget in your phone's Bluetooth settings any device linked to Gemini.

Then repair with Gemini L and pair with R.

This should solve the problem you are experiencing.

Feel free to come back to me if you need me.

Wishing you a very nice day!

Maxim | Customer service & support Devialet"​

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #34,581 of 62,416
i have both, and i happen to use donut foams on them to beefy-up the sound a bit. it also add grip, but in term of fitting i think even without foam it still sit snug on my ears. here's a couple of picture comparison to help a bit
Thanks chinmie, just what I was looking for!

The Vooplay do look like they'll sit snug outside my canals better than the Buds Live. Especially with the covers on for extra grip.

A couple of colours are currently $42.99 on Amazon.com anyway, so I've taken a punt on a pair and a bag of foam/sponge covers.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #34,582 of 62,416
EQ-wise, here's where I am with the 85t. It's subtle, but brings a little more life back into the mix while staying compatible with most genres.
I thought my 85ts where a bit boring as well until I got the Diofit eartips for them as they have bigger sizes. The new eartips made all the difference for me, there not the best but definitely no slouch.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #34,583 of 62,416
Ah, thanks for the detailed response! I was originally gonna order the CA MT's too, but I feel like they lack a few of the features that I want right now, because I'm trying to just get myself a pair of earbuds that will be my go-to earbuds for at least a year or so. So I really do want the ANC, Qi, comfortable fit, reasonably sized charging case and all that jazz. I could see myself ordering the CA MT's more like a complement if anything because of that price, but yeah.

I've heard some really bad things about the sound on the KEF MU3 and the NFP's are way too expensive for me to order them overseas as well not being able to demo them. I live in Europe and I definitely prefer ordering at least from within the EU if possible, to avoid unnecessary import taxes and stuff, I think the NFP's would end up costing me as much as the PI7's if I ordered them honestly. I can find the KEF MU3 but from what i've heard they're not worth the money.

I'm thinking the MTW2's or the Gemini's right now, but i'm worried about the Gemini still after all the issues people seem to be having with them. The MTW2's sound pretty good and where i'm at they cost like... $70 less than the Gemini's, it's not enough to warrant going for the MTW2 if they sound worse than the Gemini's in my opinion.
MT are pretty much barebones. They are great if you are just looking for comfort, good quality sound, app, and a cheap price. You get ipx3 and hearthrough mode, but I haven't extensively tested either. You don't get a lot of other features. Just the bare essential stuff to keep the cost down.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #34,584 of 62,416
It's not your ears; it's the 85t's default tuning. Very boring. I gave it a little bit of a facelift with EQ, but they'll never be on the same SQ level as some of the other stuff out there.

Way too many with the safe and more polite tuning that can be boring. This reminded me to pull the screens from my ATH-CKR70TW and get a look and...
1624402340627.png

...find these are in there and pull them out. The set up is there to sound lively and balanced not smoothed and have a polite slope downward as you go up higher in the freqs.
1624402614288.png

What is in there and the sgnature didn't quite equate. Yes, if the Victor and Senn MTW2 are equal like some reviews state this does slightly edge out on the Victor which I have sold recently. Worth the price but not the signature and crispness and detail retrieval it seemed it could have and was nagging me a bit. Now they are lovely and more what they should sound like. Might be playing it safe with the sound and perhaps the moisture protection/IPX rating. Still a potentially excellent sounding earphone masquerading as a very good sounding one. Arrrgh! Damped more of the thump out of the driver as well. Maybe we need to organize a "free our drivers" protest! :)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #34,585 of 62,416
Maybe we need to organize a "free our drivers" protest! :)
Hahaha the TWS equivalent of compression wars? Could be fun!

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #34,586 of 62,416
I seem to have misplaced one of my Grado GT220 earphones and therefore looking to get a new pair.

I'am not up to speed with all the latest products and wanted to check with you all whether there were True Wireless Custom Earphones or the current Devialet Gemini still the top sound quality ones.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #34,587 of 62,416
I seem to have misplaced one of my Grado GT220 earphones and therefore looking to get a new pair.

I'am not up to speed with all the latest products and wanted to check with you all whether there were True Wireless Custom Earphones or the current Devialet Gemini still the top sound quality ones.
There are currently two options for customs that I know of:

Custom Art Go One
ADV M5 Custom

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #34,588 of 62,416
Are there any current TWS that have a similar shape and size to the Mpow M30+, preferably with a transparency mode, ANC not a big deal. These have been the best fitting TWS I've tried so far and they're are so minimal, similar to the EarFun free Pro's but a much better fit.

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #34,589 of 62,416
The Good News. The new Lypertek Pureplay Z7 are really nice. Unboxing experience was quality. You get a many tips, silicone and foam. USB C cable and wireless charging. Charging case is a different build but the charging contacts on the bottom of the buds are the same. The nozzles are the same as the NFP except they're metal on the Lypertek, not plastic. The buds do have the same lower half shell as the NFP, but the top half is a button, not a touchpad. Both use the Qualcomm 3040 Chipset, which is Bluetooth 5.2. After doing more research, both the Lypertek site and the Noble audio site have photos of the build inside the buds. They're identical. I'm sure they're tuned different but...

The Bad News. I opened them up, charged them, wait, they were charged. Put on the foam tips. They were a bitch to get on. After a second I decided to put silicone tips on, but as I pulled the foam of, the nozzle on the left bud broke off instantly. Design flaw? All in all, they're going back for a replacement. They're very nice and definitely worth another shot. Had them about ten minutes and didn't even get to listen more than 30 seconds. Bummer!

Here are some pics, including two screenshots of the driver build inside both the Lypertek and the NFP.

Attachments

• IMG_6558.JPG
    IMG_6558.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6566.JPG
    IMG_6566.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6563.JPG
    IMG_6563.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6560.JPG
    IMG_6560.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6565.JPG
    IMG_6565.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6562.JPG
    IMG_6562.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6559.JPG
    IMG_6559.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6564.JPG
    IMG_6564.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6561.JPG
    IMG_6561.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6567.JPG
    IMG_6567.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6568.JPG
    IMG_6568.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen_Shot_2021-06-22_at_3.14.00_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2021-06-22_at_3.14.00_PM.png
    999.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #34,590 of 62,416
The Good News. The new Lypertek Pureplay Z7 are really nice. Unboxing experience was quality. You get a many tips, silicone and foam. USB C cable and wireless charging. Charging case is a different build but the charging contacts on the bottom of the buds are the same. The nozzles are the same as the NFP except they're metal on the Lypertek, not plastic. The buds do have the same lower half shell as the NFP, but the top half is a button, not a touchpad. Both use the Qualcomm 3040 Chipset, which is Bluetooth 5.2. After doing more research, both the Lypertek site and the Noble audio site have photos of the build inside the buds. They're identical. I'm sure they're tuned different but...

The Bad News. I opened them up, charged them, wait, they were charged. Put on. Put the foam tips. They were a bitch to get on. After a second I decided to put silicone tips on, but as I pulled the foam of, the nozzle on the left bud broke off instantly. Design flaw? All in all, they're going back for a replacement. They're very nice and definitely worth another shot. Had them about ten minutes and didn't even get to listen more than 30 seconds. Bummer!

Here are some pics, including two screenshots of the driver build inside both the Lypertek and the NFP.
darn.. that's why i always a bit wary with metal nozzles on plastic/resin bodies.. always have a bad feeling that would happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back