Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 17, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #34,396 of 62,417
Yea I agree, the Melomania touch kinda reminds me of the Shure Aonic 50, perfect SQ-wise/comfort, that pushes way above its price tag, but with a lackluster technical experience.

If CA can launch the next iteration without any bugs/connection issues with decent ANC-functionallity and Bluetooth LC3... I'd buy it in an instant. The case itself wasn't really that great build quality wise, I wouldn't mind a slight price increase compared if they gave us ANC and a better case.

This first phrase in this post could’ve been written by me. I own both and love both.

The second phrase relays my thoughts exactly, thanks.

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #34,397 of 62,417
They passed the biking test with flying colors. Very little wind noise - best I’ve had so far. Transparency off but that’s a given. Really like these. Probably gonna cancel my beats preorder - hard to think they could be better.
Awesome! Mission accomplished, then. Yes, the sound signature has shifted over time and it's considerably more balanced than it used to be, but we could get a little further with treatment in the midrange. It may just be a mechanical limitation of the driver at this point, but I do know Cambridge is working on another firmware that was slated to come out soon. They may tweak tuning a little more, but I haven't heard anything definitive.
In defense of the Gemini it’s only 2.25 pairs. If you don’t need ANC it’s debatable. Actually the tuning on both of them is similar. The Gemini have tighter bass which is probably the one area the CA could be improved. The bass is a little loose.
Wonder what I'd do with a quarter pair of TWS and what that would look like...would it be just the battery? Totally agree that the bass isn't as punchy (leans a little warm). It's the one thing that I think separates the MT tonally from the M5-TWS. Those are two other pairs that have a lot in common with each other, come to think of it.

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #34,398 of 62,417
HiBy's claiming the WH2 will have 5 hours of battery life streaming redbook (16/44), volume unmentioned. Don't know if that shifts anybody's opinion on the matter. Think mine is still the same.

1623948390212.png

I think our current estimates of 3-4 hours in unrestricted LDAC (990) are probably going to be accurate.

Seems like things are getting a little heated. Don't know who's managing the social aspect on HiBy's end, but they probably need to check themselves before this blows up further:

1623949476882.png

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #34,399 of 62,417
Which spinfits are these? I'm currently using the silicone that came with the XM3s, which is working out ok. Not a fan of the foams, but will give them another try in a few days.
CP100Z, but the CP360 work well also. Both tips M.

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #34,400 of 62,417
New XM4 firmware. I have no issues, but maybe it'll help those who do.

Attachments

• IMG_A99D0667D799-1.jpeg
    IMG_A99D0667D799-1.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 17, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #34,401 of 62,417
HiBy's claiming the WH2 will have 5 hours of battery life streaming redbook (16/44), volume unmentioned. Don't know if that shifts anybody's opinion on the matter. Think mine is still the same.

I think our current estimates of 3-4 hours in unrestricted LDAC (990) are probably going to be accurate.

Seems like things are getting a little heated. Don't know who's managing the social aspect on HiBy's end, but they probably need to check themselves before this blows up further:

It could end up blowing up in their face if that ended up being true. The people who don't read the FAQ, Q/A will still buy it though and potentially get swindled. Not a good look for HiBy.

Are they chi-fi too? This is the sort of thing I expect 100% from a chi-fi company, and I wouldn't touch those with a 100ft stick.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #34,402 of 62,417
It could end up blowing up in their face if that ended up being true. The people who don't read the FAQ, Q/A will still buy it though and potentially get swindled. Not a good look for HiBy.
Yeah, it's really not cool. I know they thought it was a joke, but this isn't the first time I've seen a Chi-Fi company trip over themselves trying to explain why something looks eerily similar to another product.

If only they realized it's that back-pedaling that turns everybody off. I'd understand if they just spoke up and said "yes, we saved money by repurposing a mold that was made to cast the TFZ/MiFo shells because it was cheaper than tooling new molds." Instead, they're not only giving the perception that perhaps it's not just the charging case and earbuds that look pretty much identical; they seem to think it's funny.

I was already sore from basically getting no answer on what HiBy plans to do with the WH3, which leads me to believe they're just abandoning it after having been out for less than a year. What happens when they do the same for the WH2? I mean I've got to apply trend analysis here, right?

Can someone give me a reason to stay on this campaign? Because I'm about to deuce out and pull my funding. Someone else can have 'em.

Let's try this again for anybody who thinks I'm overreacting. Spot the differences:
mifo-o7-indigo_1024x1024@2x.jpg
hibywh2.jpg

Are they chi-fi too? This is the sort of thing I expect 100% from a chi-fi company, and I wouldn't touch those with a 100ft stick.
Technically, they're in HK, but seems like it's the same standard practice in this case (pun half-intended).

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #34,403 of 62,417
Yeah, it's really not cool. I know they thought it was a joke, but this isn't the first time I've seen a Chi-Fi company trip over themselves trying to explain why something looks eerily similar to another product.

If only they realized it's that back-pedaling that turns everybody off. I'd understand if they just spoke up and said "yes, we saved money by repurposing a mold that was made to cast the TFZ/MiFo shells because it was cheaper than tooling new molds." Instead, they're not only giving the perception that perhaps it's not just the charging case and earbuds that look pretty much identical; they seem to think it's funny.

I was already sore from basically getting no answer on what HiBy plans to do with the WH3, which leads me to believe they're just abandoning it after having been out for less than a year. What happens when they do the same for the WH2? I mean I've got to apply trend analysis here, right?

Can someone give me a reason to stay on this campaign? Because I'm about to deuce out and pull my funding. Someone else can have 'em.

Let's try this again for anybody who thinks I'm overreacting. Spot the differences:

Technically, they're in HK, but seems like it's the same standard practice in this case (pun half-intended).
It looks the same down to the font of the L and R lol. Color the L and R are written in is the only difference but the font/location is the same when you zoom in. Even the paint job on the buds might be the same with photo taken in different lightning sources & angle.

Jun 17, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #34,404 of 62,417
It looks the same down to the font of the L and R lol. Color the L and R are written in is the only difference but the font/location is the same when you zoom in. Even the paint job on the buds might be the same with photo taken in different lightning sources & angle.
The MiFo image might be a render. Here's another one:
1623955892225.png

Don't think I need to say more. I backed out. The more I think about this, the less comfortable I am supporting what's become a mainstay in the Chi-Fi market. Borrow from someone else's stuff if you want, but don't lie about it and then double down when you get caught. Some of us have a pretty good idea how that market works. Here's a primer for those who might not:

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #34,406 of 62,417

mifo-o7-indigo_1024x1024@2x.jpg
hibywh2.jpg

They suspiciously look similar.
With that being said, as you mentioned, it's a common practice in the Chi-Fi world and I'm guessing these are OEM shells or were co-developed with MiFO (less likely).

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #34,408 of 62,417
They suspiciously look similar.
With that being said, as you mentioned, it's a common practice in the Chi-Fi world and I'm guessing these are OEM shells or were co-developed with MiFO (less likely).
HiBy's response was as follows:

Screenshot_20210617-125333.jpg

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #34,409 of 62,417
I decided to RMA my MT's. This is actually the second time Im returning them. I liked the sound considering the price point, but there are just too many problems. Most annoying one being them waking up in the case on their own and connecting to my phone. I might be in the middle of a phone call and suddenly all goes silent. After a while I would realize, one of the buds has activated on its own in the case and took control of the phone call. What is really weird about this behaviour, is the fact that I wouldnt even have to touch the case. It would be sitting somewhere without any movement and this would happen.

I have the MW07 Plus I got from the -50% Nike sale and they are ok for that price. The sound is little unexciting but listenable. The mics in the MW07 are miles better than on on the MT's. No one could ever hear me if I was out walking in normal speed with the MT's and I would have to disconnect and use the phones mic. With the MW07 no one complaints, so its totally on a different level.

Now Im eyeing on a new pair. Any other suggestions? Important would be the sound, good fit (the MW07+ fit is really good), battery life, decent mics for phone calls, need AptX (Android and Windows use)...

What do you guys think about the Nuarl N6Pro?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #34,410 of 62,417
I decided to RMA my MT's. This is actually the second time Im returning them. I liked the sound considering the price point, but there are just too many problems. Most annoying one being them waking up in the case on their own and connecting to my phone. I might be in the middle of a phone call and suddenly all goes silent. After a while I would realize, one of the buds has activated on its own in the case and took control of the phone call. What is really weird about this behaviour, is the fact that I wouldnt even have to touch the case. It would be sitting somewhere without any movement and this would happen.

I have the MW07 Plus I got from the -50% Nike sale and they are ok for that price. The sound is little unexciting but listenable. The mics in the MW07 are miles better than on on the MT's. No one could ever hear me if I was out walking in normal speed with the MT's and I would have to disconnect and use the phones mic. With the MW07 no one complaints, so its totally on a different level.

Now Im eyeing on a new pair. Any other suggestions? Important would be the sound, good fit (the MW07+ fit is really good), battery life, decent mics for phone calls, need AptX (Android and Windows use)...

What do you guys think about the Nuarl N6Pro?
You should be able to get a similar tonality with the JBL Club Pro+ (and apparently now the Tour Pro+) with better luck all around on the other stuff. Although, if you're willing to wait it out until the end of the month, there is a MT firmware update that's coming around the corner and should address some of those issues you're facing. Alternatively, there's the Noble Falcon 2 which is effectively the Falcon 1 in a different case. No aptX Adaptive woes, great battery life, stellar fit. Should be a good contrast to the MW07 Plus:

https://www.nobleaudio.com/wireless/p/falcon-tws-white-xr5za

Regarding the connecting while cased issue, my suggestion is to clean the charging contacts on both the buds and the case with some isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab (like the ones that go into your ear). Sometimes it's just a spotty connection. At this point, only my UE FITS tend to auto-connect in the case if they're just a little off, but the MT have been champs. Just need to work on the "powers off after an hour" thing, which is probably due to the Snapdragon 865 in my phone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back