Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 31, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #33,691 of 62,437
Are both equally comfortable?

Looks like I would probably need Large for Final type e for tws or medium for EPro TW00. Latter is $5 cheaper on Amazon.
Yep they're both very comfortable. I'd suggest starting with the Final as they won't be as fussy with other pairs of TWS.
Understand your annoyance, completely. Oddly enough, when I came on to check out HF tonight, I had the BPs in my ears and find them sublime, using the large OEM tips. I was an early buyer, $79, as I had mentioned. Damn, though, they just sound soooo nice. Not very specific, I know. But when I compare them to the two sets of CAs Ihave (MT and M1+), they just sound, well, more balanced. No EQ required. Listening to Amazon Music HD on an LG V30, a mix of female vocalists, mostly jazz, and the BPs are knocking me out.

Now, I also have the Status BT-1 on-ear TW phones, which I love and find and amazing value at $49, which is what I paid at the time. I think the Status folks got in over their heads here, but in the end, I think they are worth the wait. No ANC (I can hear the NBA playoffs in the background, time to mute the TV). I am no expert/audiophile, but I have owned a s-load of IEMs in my time, and the BPs make me happy. I would just hang on, not give up. After all, most of those on this thread have plenty of other TW phones to pass the time. Hang in there, I guess is my message. I want someone to tell me I am out to lunch on this pair of TW phones.

The other thing is, check the comments on Indiegogo. A lot of po'd people, no doubt about it. But almost everyone who ends up getting them is more than happy. Not the HF crowd in terms of experience and knowledge, but most are very happy. And there are several youtube reviewers who are on the bandwagon. That's not necessarily a definitive thing, but it is pretty consistent across reviewers. Issue is, can they compete with much more expensive TW phones? I have owned a few, the Sony M3, the Senns, Jabras, Nuarl and a few others, all gone. Keeping the BPs.
I hear you and I gave them some choice words via email. They promised me it'll be shipping soon, so we'll see. Wouldn't be the first time poor logistics crippled a good product.

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #33,693 of 62,437
It’s kinda irrelevant, but as I see LG is retreating from Smartphone segment, I’m not very confident if they have enough resources to dump into consumer electronics either.
https://b360nepal.com/lg-retreats-from-the-global-smartphone-market-a-farewell/

In Portugal they’re not retreating, they’ve declared game over, with a period of assistance for existing devices. I’m on iPhone so it doesn’t bother me much. But those guys had better DACs in their phones, thus catering for the more discerning crowd. But the market must’ve been narrow and they pulled the plug. Most of the people I know are on iPhone or Samsung anyway and most of them don’t care about sound quality as we do.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #33,694 of 62,437
Jun 1, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #33,698 of 62,437
How does the first gen Sony true wireless compare with their over ears when it comes to sound signature?

I wasn't really a fan of any of the Sony ANC over ears when it comes to SQ... :/
Not a fan of the Sony over ear ANC either, seemed quit “dull” or ”wooly” sounding. But they had great ANC. While I am intrigued, I won’t be an early adopter, but instead will excitedly await early user impressions before purchasing.

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #33,699 of 62,437
Guess that confirms my ears are definitely non-audiophile. I have the Sony XM3 over-ear ANC phones, and albeit with a bit of EQing, they sound very nice to me. The upside is I am not alone having that POV, including some reviewers at places like Tom's Guide and a few others. They were a bit expensive, true. So far, I haven't heard any rattling plastic. Goes to show you, different strokes ...

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #33,700 of 62,437
Guess that confirms my ears are definitely non-audiophile. I have the Sony XM3 over-ear ANC phones, and albeit with a bit of EQing, they sound very nice to me. The upside is I am not alone having that POV, including some reviewers at places like Tom's Guide and a few others. They were a bit expensive, true. So far, I haven't heard any rattling plastic. Goes to show you, different strokes ...
Absolutely, everyone is different, and I am thrilled for those that do like Sony cans!!

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #33,702 of 62,437
Almost tempted to try out the XM4, almost. Nah. This addiction is just plain nasty.
Well, wearing my XM3s today, I realise 1. damn they're uncomfortable and how I've put up with them for so long and 2. any wind renders the whole noise cancellation utterly useless. If Sony have truly solved these two things, plus a real upgrade in sound quality then let's see, because they do get used a lot.

Jun 1, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #33,704 of 62,437
Well, wearing my XM3s today, I realise 1. damn they're uncomfortable and how I've put up with them for so long and 2. any wind renders the whole noise cancellation utterly useless. If Sony have truly solved these two things, plus a real upgrade in sound quality then let's see, because they do get used a lot.
Sorry for the curve here; There was deiscussion about the WH-1000XM3 over-ear phones, not the WF-1000XM3 in-ear TW phones. I agree re the WF-1000XM3. I had them and returned them. Didn't like the form factor at all. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Both are TW phones, but one is full-sized, of course. Using just XM3 or XM4 got it all confused.

Turning to the WF-1000XM4, not going to buy them. Just hate spending more than say $150 on TW phones with the inevitable dead batteries ahead. Not when you can get a really good sound from less expensive brands/models, like the Melomania Touch, M1+ or the ADV M5 TW phones that recently came out and apparently on sound quality alone are pretty amazing. I am resisting them, however.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #33,705 of 62,437
Turning to the WF-1000XM4, not going to buy them. Just hate spending more than say $150 on TW phones with the inevitable dead batteries ahead. Not when you can get a really good sound from less expensive brands/models, like the Melomania Touch, M1+ or the ADV M5 TW phones that recently came out and apparently on sound quality alone are pretty amazing. I am resisting them, however.
The Sony would seem to be coming at the $279 price point. If, esp. with LDAC and the new chip and driver they are even better sounding and all the features they have I would think they are not bad. $129 more than the $150 M5. Perhaps even more rock solid connection and capable of more hours per charge as well. The PI7 are a bit much at $400 but if $279 on release the Sony will be popular and worth the $$$ if they realize the promise of SQ, better ANC, and everything else they tout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back