Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 17, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #33,302 of 62,142
My first pair was like that. The replacement has been stable so far.
Waiting for B&W to respond. I tried the 3.5mm last night with my desktop and it was unusable from 2 feet away. I am pretty sure mine is defective.

May 17, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #33,303 of 62,142
Sounds pretty similar to signal strength with the M5; maybe it's something about the radios they use. I'll see if I can get some details from ADV to help narrow it down.

So, what is the deal here? This is new and improved M5 2nd gen with boosted connectivity. What happened? :)

May 17, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #33,304 of 62,142
I’m kind of in the same boat. I’ve had the Jabra 65Ts for years and they’ve been very solid. They have average sound and average battery life but rock solid connectivity, build quality and call quality. I keep looking for an upgrade but very few offer multipoint combined with good sound quality. The 75Ts are meant to offer slightly improved sound but vastly improved comfort. The 85Ts seem to be a step back in the sound quality department unfortunately.

My only hope is that the new releases from Sony and Samsung will introduce multipoint this year.
Yeah.. Ive read that TWS that has
I’m kind of in the same boat. I’ve had the Jabra 65Ts for years and they’ve been very solid. They have average sound and average battery life but rock solid connectivity, build quality and call quality. I keep looking for an upgrade but very few offer multipoint combined with good sound quality. The 75Ts are meant to offer slightly improved sound but vastly improved comfort. The 85Ts seem to be a step back in the sound quality department unfortunately.

My only hope is that the new releases from Sony and Samsung will introduce multipoint this year.
Yeah. Weird that tws hasnt been focusing on Multipoint/connect. Especially since it was available in BT4. I found an article that said that the TWS need to support A2DP and HFP/HSP for multipoint to function. Will that says that all TWS that has it support it? Or is it just a requirement to build it upon? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.soundguys.com/bluetooth-multipoint-explained-28601/amp/

It would be nice with a completely list of devices of which who support Multiconnector and which dont. On both commercial and more uncommon TWS models.

Its a shame that spatial audio on Galaxy bus pro. Only works on Samsung S21. Im a sucker for spatial audio/immersive music as long is done right(but not when critical ly listening). Saw that Apple music announced Lossless and spatial audio(Dolby) today and will be available later on their streaming service. I wonder how good the spatial audio on Airpods and Samsung is.

May 17, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #33,305 of 62,142
So, what is the deal here? This is new and improved M5 2nd gen with boosted connectivity. What happened? :)
Not sure. I disabled Gabeldorsche this morning, so we'll see if the problems persist.

May 17, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #33,306 of 62,142
Doesnt anyone own the Moondrop Sparks here? The app has releases for Android and i really need to know how the app is😃

May 17, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #33,307 of 62,142
Having trouble deciphering Apples “lossless” announcement today. It’s not clear whether and how this will be done wirelessly? Seems to be a lot of confusion. They say a DAC is required for true lossless which makes me think this is a wired solution? I don’t see anything about improving or replacing AAC for streaming but the information is scant.

May 17, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #33,309 of 62,142
Having trouble deciphering Apples “lossless” announcement today. It’s not clear whether and how this will be done wirelessly? Seems to be a lot of confusion. They say a DAC is required for true lossless which makes me think this is a wired solution? I don’t see anything about improving or replacing AAC for streaming but the information is scant.
I was wondering the same too… Apple use ALAC format. Regardless, lossless format will likely take up around 150M upwards per song hence Bluetooth 5.0 unable to handle?

Funny that I just got my ITB05 to enjoy the wire-free listening but might have to drop back to wired with Q5s again…

Unless somehow Ikko can introduce some miracle firmware upgrade to allow large file transfer between iPhone & itb05 which shouldn’t be possible - if AirPods not able to support. So to enjoy true lossless will be back to wired route for now it seems

May 17, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #33,310 of 62,142

Remains to be seen I guess. For me the main use case would be Airplaying lossless to my home hifi set-up rather than any on the go listening.

Although I am more interested in the Spotify HiFi offering that is yet to come.

May 17, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #33,311 of 62,142
On that note, keep in mind also that these are not like typical IEMs that insert deep into your ears. They sit more on the outside and just seal up the hole. I think this is the reason that they can be polarizing with a lot of people. I had a heck of a time getting them to fit correctly in the beginning. Once I switched to the Spinfit CP360s, they became very comfortable, and they sealed correctly.

It is not so much that they didn't fit correctly with the stock tips per se'. It was more that they did seal, but if you smiled, or yawned, or turned your head it would break the seal. This has been fixed with the longer Spinfits. Also keep in mind that you can't just tip roll with these "willy nilly". Regular tips will fit, but they will be too long and will cause the buds to not fit into the case for charging properly. The MT do seem to follow the standard for TWS tips though, so any of those (and a few that are not like the Spinfits) will work. Don't even bother with foams unless you plan on trimming them down.
Agree re seal, I have to move around the MTs with the OEM tips a bit, but once I get a good seal, I then stop yawning, smiling or turning my head! Kidding, but they don't seem to break the seal for me on the go. I will say the left side is more snug than the right, due to my asymmetrical ears. Not the MTs fault.

I am glad it's working, that's for sure. I sort of like the M1+ and the MTs equally. TBH. That's why I am keeping both.

As for foam tips, a member further down mentioned they don't last. True of most, but somehow, some way CA made (or had made) foam tips for the M1/M1+ that not only deliver the best sound (compared to silicone ones they include), but they are fully washable and the last forever. Worried they would stop selling them, I bought 10 pair from Amazon ($20 total, amazingly cheap) so I would have enough for the long haul. So far, I have been using the same two pair of foam tips since I bought the original M1s a year ago. I swap between them (wear one and clean the other pair). Once cleaned (use hydrogen peroxide), they are like new, unlike Complys, which lose their "spongy-ness" when cleaned, for lack of a better term.

Unfortunately, CA did not make foam tips for the MTs, but I think they would be too dark with foam, while the M1+ are much better with foam.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #33,312 of 62,142
Remains to be seen I guess. For me the main use case would be Airplaying lossless to my home hifi set-up rather than any on the go listening.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Chances are, Apple is going to utilize something similar to Sonos with Wi-Fi tx/rx. Not sure how else they intend to get the throughput.

Got my third set of UE tips (Size 2) in the mail this weekend, but needed to give myself (and my ears) a serious break, so didn't put them on until this morning. Turns out third time's a charm. Dumb as this is going to sound, the instructions work as intended. Don't do what I did on the second round and try bringing in a bite block or reinventing the wheel. UE knew what they were doing; I just wasn't following instructions. Here's what I did differently:
  • This time around, I spent a lot more time wiggling the buds around to find a secure fit
  • Instead of pushing in on the buds once I found their sweet spot, I just held them in place (again, per the instructions)
  • When the instructions told me I could relax, I took my hands off the buds, but kept my jaw relaxed. As I looked into the mirror during this process, I could only chuckle inwardly at how funny I must have looked, but dared not laugh at the risk of messing everything up again
  • Weirdly enough, the right channel audio did cut out halfway through the process. I had to put the buds back in the case and pull them back out again before I got audio again, but I did get it back.
The end result is significantly better. It's more comfortable, more stable, and that issue I was having with breaking the seal when I'd do things like chew or open my mouth are gone. I'll continue listening to see if there's any signs of the channel imbalance, but going through the back half of my sound test playlist hasn't shown any signs of the bass being weaker on one channel vice the other. Very grateful to UE for giving me one more chance, though I would have been more than happy to pay for a replacement set

Additionally, listened to the ADVs in bed with the foam tips last night. Wasn't a big fan of how they softened up the attack, but I can see how some people would lean towards that sort of sound signature. So far, I think the "Type A" tips (or the ones that have a less bulbous shroud) have worked the best in my ears. Connectivity is still a mixed bag, but I did disable Gabeldorsche and will continue to put them through their paces. Signal drops are very sporadic, but as a general rule of thumb, I cannot leave whatever room my phone is in without having a ton of dropouts. Heck, I can't even make it fully across my living room if I leave my phone at the desk, but there's also a lot of other devices competing for signal.

Still expecting a response from ADV, though, so hopefully they'll be able to shed some light on why this is happening.

May 17, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #33,314 of 62,142

Yes it is confusing. The good news is if you are an Amazon Music HD subscriber (which carries a $5 a month add-on to the regular charge for the service), they will now reduce your bill by that $5 charge to compete with Apple, effective immediately. I prepaid for the year on Amazon Music HD on April 1, and upon contact with Amazon via chat, they already refunded the $53 portion of the bill for the HD upgrade. Sweet. On the other hand, I suppose I also am paying a premium for the HD feature, which I am not getting wirelessly. For example, the Eudelix F5 reports that the bitrate is far below the HD level when using BT, more in the 256-320k range. Oh well, it's good for wired listening with phones plugged directly into the LG30 I guess.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/17/22440058/amazon-music-hd-price-cut-apple-lossless-audio

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #33,315 of 62,142
For those listening on Apple stuff, go to Accessibility and go to the Audio/Visual and change the settings for Headphone Accommodations. I set it to Balanced Tone and put it to Strong. Everything sounds really nice. I only need to turn up the headphones to 1/3 of the volume (with no headphones safety, of course) before it gets really loud. Also, I set Deezer EQ and Apple Music to Acoustic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back