Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 8, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #33,001 of 62,426
This is just my opinion, but the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wireless are the best sounding ANC headphones I have heard (plus they are pretty cheap comparatively right now. I have not heard the 3, but from everything I have read Sennheiser went the "consumer sound" route with these. Also keep in mind Sennheiser made the ANC on these purposeful for plane or train travel. This means that it will cut out all lows, and some lower mids, but keeps voices (so you can hear the flight attendant for instance). So, if you are wanting something that will cut out ALL then these aren't the ones you want. But if you want good battery life, excellent sound, and great ANC in the range it was meant to be, give these a try.
I tried the momentum 2.0 on a steep discount at the end of 2016. They were the muddiest,...i've got nothing nice to say about sq from there. killer Bluetooth range, something like 200 feet from my desk, walking past a server room among other things. The M3 have alot less bass than M2.0 in default setting. it's not neutral by any definition, but it's not tuned like a pair of Skullcandy headphones, which is exactly how i'd describe the 2.0.

May 8, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #33,002 of 62,426
Sorry if it may not be in the right group. I’m returning the PI7, and planning on buying a pair of headphones instead. What’s the best pair for ANC and sound? I’m just looking at the two big ones (Sony MX4 and Bose 700). Any other ones? Thank you.
I just looked at Sennheiser Momentum 3. It seems to have better sound quality but worse ANC.
Maybe also look at the Bose QC 35? Those have been my main cans for years now and I LOVE them. I tried the 700 when they came out and I did not see / feel / hear anything that made me want to upgrade ...

May 8, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #33,003 of 62,426
Screenshot_20210508-112944.png

Listening to some Black Keys this morning with the UTWS3 and ZAX combo. I am reminded just how good the ZAX are at layering. The Black Keys sound amazing and this combo is an excellent match.

I'm chillin at a Dunkin, sippin on a iced cappuccino with these in my ears. Life is good. :)

May 8, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #33,006 of 62,426
yup, love the UTWS3 with the ZAX, excellent synergy….got a second set of UTWS3 with MMCX connectors and trying them with DUNU DK-3001 pros….also really good, excellent detail and very
neutral
That DK-3001 Pro/CF01 combo is so good. Wholeheartedly know what you mean.

May 8, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #33,007 of 62,426
By Nobles, do you mean the Falcon Pro?
If so, and regardless of connection issues, I would like to ask how does the B&W PI7 compare to the Falcon Pro in sound quality, and soundstage?

The Galaxy Buds Pro are the only Samsung earbuds I have, but if you're contesting musicality and pure sound quality between it and the Buds +, I wouldn't even recommend the Buds Pro for their sound. Get them for their myriad of technological features, or that 360°/3D sound feature (if you own a One UI 3.1 device).
Was giving the PI7 a chance to break in and for myself to get used to their sound signature. I’m returning the PI7’s for myself they are not worth the price. Longest battery life with anc off was 3 and a half hours, most frequent battery life was 3 hours 18 minutes. ANC I only tried a few times, was not impressed as it adds to much artificial noise to cover background noise. Does not mask voices well, but some brands purposely leave mids in case you want to hear someone trying to talk to you.
Nobles Falcon Pro verse the PI7, they really are fairly similar in sound quality with a few differences. The PI7 has better EQ out of the box, but has no EQ option in its app. The PI7 is a little mid bass heavy for my liking but I could live with it if battery life and dropped connection wasn’t a major issue. The Noble Falcon Pro and PI7 have very similar sound stage, width and depth, both are good for wireless iem but otherwise just ok. Both have good amount of detail, best I’ve heard for Bluetooth iem, the Noble requires EQing, out of box it’s a bit strange, although this is easy to do with a 10 way EQ in the app. The Noble holds the EQ no matter which device you connect it to or even open the app which is great, I wish they all did this. PI7 has no EQ in app and very little controls on the earbuds. You need to be near your device for doing almost anything and I’ve had many disconnect issues when walking around. Wether my phone is in my pocket or stationary while I walk around both inside and outside. That may get fixed in an update. The PI7 has 3 to 3 1/2 hour battery life compared to Noble at 8 to 8 1/2 hour battery life. The Noble only has passive noise canceling by sitting fairly deep in your ear, which works better then the active noise cancelling on the PI7. PI7 doesn’t block nearby talking well, Sony is much better at that. Both are comfortable to wear, light in weight. Noble has a bit more mid details and slightly better timing in the bass region. The B&W has better high details, with spin fit they get nicely detailed, but mid bass is bloated and does slow down the timing a bit. I feel if you could EQ a little this would drastically help this. For myself I’ll stick with the Nobles, between battery life, drop outs, not great active noise cancelling and similar sound quality to the Noble at more money they are not worth keeping. Going back Monday, not sure if Crutchfields sells returns at a discount, if it does mine will be on there next week.

May 8, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #33,009 of 62,426
Screenshot_20210508-112944.png
Listening to some Black Keys this morning with the UTWS3 and ZAX combo. I am reminded just how good the ZAX are at layering. The Black Keys sound amazing and this combo is an excellent match.

I'm chillin at a Dunkin, sippin on a iced cappuccino with these in my ears. Life is good. :)
That exact combo is exactly what I’ve been using for workouts. It completely satisfies.

May 8, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #33,010 of 62,426
In case of interest to anyone the M&D MW07 Plus in the Nike KD13 colours are currently 50% off direct from M&D with the code HYPE. I have a pair inbound in the U.K. for £114.50 delivered.
Yeah i saw that. I was very close to ordering, then spent £350 on the PI7. Lets see if its regrettable or not.

At 115 i think theyre a steal tbh

May 9, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #33,011 of 62,426
Thanks for the tip! Bought the MW07 Plus for 125€ including shipping. It was too good of a deal to pass!

I had the MT's, but returned them because of all the problems with connectivity etc. I was using them with OnePlus 8 Pro and my Carbon X1 g7 laptop. After reading about the update, i reordered them from Amazon again arriving tomorrow.

I also have the Fiio UTWS3, but I got glasses couple of months ago and over the ear hooks just arent the best fit with glasses. I still like them and will keep them for now, but time will tell how much I will be using them.

I also had the Shure RMCE-TW1's (before I had glasses) but sold them. The design was probably the best from any over the ear hooks, but offering only controls to play stop answer a call isnt enough for me.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #33,012 of 62,426
Thanks for the tip! Bought the MW07 Plus for 125€ including shipping. It was too a deal good to pass!

I had the MT's, but returned them because of all the problems with connectivity etc. I was using them with OnePlus 8 Pro and my Carbon X1 g7 laptop. After reading about the update, i reordered them from Amazon again arriving tomorrow.

I also have the Fiio UTWS3, but I got glasses couple of months ago and over the ear hooks just arent the best fit with glasses. I still like them and will keep them for now, but time will tell how much I will be using them.

I also had the Shure RMCE-TW1's (before I had glasses) but sold them. The design was probably the best from any over the ear hooks, but offering only controls to play stop answer a call isnt enough for me.
IMO, you will be glad you reordered the MT. The (undocumented) change in sound signature is fantastic, not to mention the fixes that they implemented (that worked). I would bet the new tuning will please both consumer friendly and audiophile preferences alike (for the most part). They really are almost like a unicorn in that way. I remember when I first got them. I thought that they were just terrible! I am so glad I held on to them (actually I didn't decide that, I was just too lazy to send them back LOL).

I would be interested in hearing any thoughts you might feel like sharing on the UTWS3 also.

May 9, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #33,013 of 62,426
for me the UTWS3 is a no-brainer…it simply blows away every other wireless IEMs I have owned, it is not even a close call and for often half the price of the higher end offerings..

comfort wise I find them excellent and they fit very securely , no problem with spectacles either, way better than the Sony WF that alway felt like they were going to fall out (same story with the Senn MTW)

May 9, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #33,014 of 62,426
for me the UTWS3 is a no-brainer…it simply blows away every other wireless IEMs I have owned, it is not even a close call and for often half the price of the higher end offerings..

comfort wise I find them excellent and they fit very securely , no problem with spectacles either, way better than the Sony WF that alway felt like they were going to fall out (same story with the Senn MTW)
Have you had opportunity to compare the UTWS3 with the iBasso CF01?

May 9, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #33,015 of 62,426
Personally I don't think you should compare ordinary tws with these tws adapters...

A True-Wireless earbud is all about convenience and portability, the earbuds are small, the case is small, you got features like ANC/ambient mode which is awesome when you're out and about.

Whereas true-wireless adapters like the UTWS3/CF01 are big and bulky (both case and the actual adapter), there's also no ANC/ambient mode. Obviously they will sound much better since ordinary IEMS dont need to make room for all various tech components like a tws. There's also plenty of space in the actual adapters for better amps etc.

They're two completely different products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back