Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 21, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #32,146 of 62,424
learned my lesson from the AKG N400, having them sound good is nice, having them actually function properly is better.
Im currently quite satisfied with my freebuds pro and if the next sonys have LDAC or APTX i´ll consider it.

Im going to sit this one out,

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #32,147 of 62,424
learned my lesson from the AKG N400, having them sound good is nice, having them actually function properly is better.

Im going to sit this one out,
I actually rediscovered mine recently and love the sound. As far as the comparison to B&W, I don’t think it’s fair at this time. There is zero evidence the B&W don’t function properly. None of the reviews have mentioned any gremlins.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #32,148 of 62,424
Yeah okay that’s what I figured. So virtually no mainstream phone supports adaptive atm (one plus being the exception) but the bridge with the case will be fine for my intended use.
V60 does too. I found that out when my Qudelix 5K kept connecting via aptX adaptive instead of LDAC. Had to disable adaptive on the 5K to get LDAC to work with my V60.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #32,149 of 62,424
If you order from B&W direct it appears to be available now? It doesn’t say it’s a preorder so I’m hoping for a quick shipment.
Got it. I had gotten an email from Audio46 earlier today. Didnt realize you pulled the trigger. Did you get the PI7? Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #32,150 of 62,424
Got it. I had gotten an email from Audio46 earlier today. Didnt realize you pulled the trigger. Did you get the PI7? Look forward to hearing your impressions.
We will see when they ship. The website didn’t say anything about a preorder. Seems like a trend to sell the first batch direct before distributing to retail partners.

Yes, pi7. Go big or go home.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #32,151 of 62,424
Still has to be supported by the host device and it's weird. My phone can support all the codecs, but I can't make the NFP go into aptX HD. It's either Adaptive or normal.
Is this your One Plus 8T? I have that phone as well and it does seem buggy (first time in a very long time that I have not had a Samsung phone and not too impressed to be honest). As noted before, I had a similar problem with my 5K and V60 with LDAC (it preferred adaptive). I wonder if it is an Android issue.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #32,152 of 62,424
We will see when they ship. The website didn’t say anything about a preorder. Seems like a trend to sell the first batch direct before distributing to retail partners.

Yes, pi7. Go big or go home.
I placed my order for black with Crutchfield today with Friday delivery.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #32,154 of 62,424
Guess I lucked out with the timing.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #32,155 of 62,424
Agree, definitely real. Got emails to preorder today as well. Looks like some retailers previously jumped the gun when the product had not been officially released yet and had to pull the pages.
No one technically jumped the gun. Any words about it were embargoed until early this morning, though it was a shorter embargo than I've seen in the past.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #32,156 of 62,424
I don't like the fit on the bomaker sifi 2 as they are shallow fit bud like Tws set. I used the large set off my broken mifo 05, which are very thin with a small nozzle, but it was hard to get a seal with my massive lugs and still get a tip into the case. I tried large tcm tornados with a fin inside the tip that I had lying around and the fit was worse. So tried a gamble and ordered some tcm large 14mm tips with a wide bore shallow fit, and they now fit both my ears and the case fine. Weird thing is, it seems to have upped the bass a smidgeon and tamed the upper mids a bit. Now they are pretty much my preferred v shaped tuning. I don't understand tip rolling sometimes, I thought wide bores decrease bass and make treble and upper mids sharper?

The moral of the story is, sometimes it pays to tip roll! Your normal preferred tips just might not work. Especially true with tiny Tws cases and those blessed with cavernous ear holes. I think it was £6 for 7 pairs, and the spares are going in my tip rolling bags.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #32,157 of 62,424
I preordered the B&W PI7's. Been waiting too long for these to not try them out. Spoke to a online order rep at B&W. They said they are in stock, ship via Fed Ex and their shipping warehouse is in California. Lucky for me.

Apr 21, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #32,158 of 62,424
I preordered the B&W PI7's. Been waiting too long for these to not try them out. Spoke to a online order rep at B&W. They said they are in stock, ship via Fed Ex and their shipping warehouse is in California. Lucky for me.
Ahh crap. California again. I may try to cancel and get from crutchfield.

Apr 21, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #32,160 of 62,424
bowers & wilkins pi7 ordered. If the sound is better when Falcon Pros, when it's a keep for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back