Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #31,921 of 62,417
Thank you for that clear answer. I had considered the Falcon Pro, the V shaped sound signature can be an issue... or not if the stage is close enough. I also will wait a bit to see if Sony release something interesting.
@erockg can expand on his own experiences since he has dabbled with EQ on them more than I have, but I enjoy the tuning right out of the box fwiw.

Noble's in-app EQ is a graphic, but they give you 10 bands which is hopefully enough for any upper midrange concerns. I do find it annoying that changes aren't applied until after you release the slider, so it's not a gradual effect.

Mids are definitely not distant to my ears, nor are they in your face. If the material is recorded to be shouty, though, it will feel shouty. You can curb this by dropping 8k by a few dB without completely collapsing the stage or taking life out of the vocals, though. Can also just turn the volume down as this only becomes an issue past 50%. They don't seem to be shy in upper midrange energy if the mastering requires it. None of this is required at lower listening volumes; it's just a byproduct of what V-shaped signatures do as you move up the loudness curve. Have to compensate for that extra energy somehow.

There's enough treble detail to make out variations on cymbal strikes without much effort. On Cornell's Songbook rendition of "Black Hole Sun," you can make out his lips smacking before certain lines of the song. I personally find the Technics to be a more live-friendly pair as they seem to scale staging with the venue really well.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #31,922 of 62,417
I'll give you my 2cent. I think that no tws at the present time is able to reproduce classical music in a perfect or satisfying way, so try those most appreciated here, and judge by yourself. I guess Sennheiser could be the best bet.
I actually love listening to Qobuz classical on my Kef mu3s. It sounds amazing

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #31,923 of 62,417
Made a Tidal version of the playlist:

https://tidal.com/playlist/78247f26-f498-4846-bdca-997b703889d7

I should have clarified that, while the first half is almost all electronic, the second half picks up with a couple different blends of Hip-Hop (start at DJ Format), followed by rock (Citizen King) and classical (David Zindman). If EDM isn't your thing, I've tried to make sure you don't feel left out.
Can’t wait to check your playlist! I wouldn’t mind a thread just for sharing Tidal playlists

My guitar music: https://tidal.com/playlist/cc6df6a8-a907-45a8-9307-325d5e893c82

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #31,924 of 62,417
@erockg can expand on his own experiences since he has dabbled with EQ on them more than I have, but I enjoy the tuning right out of the box fwiw.

Noble's in-app EQ is a graphic, but they give you 10 bands which is hopefully enough for any upper midrange concerns. I do find it annoying that changes aren't applied until after you release the slider, so it's not a gradual effect.

Mids are definitely not distant to my ears, nor are they in your face. If the material is recorded to be shouty, though, it will feel shouty. You can curb this by dropping 8k by a few dB without completely collapsing the stage or taking life out of the vocals, though. Can also just turn the volume down as this only becomes an issue past 50%. They don't seem to be shy in upper midrange energy if the mastering requires it. None of this is required at lower listening volumes; it's just a byproduct of what V-shaped signatures do as you move up the loudness curve. Have to compensate for that extra energy somehow.

There's enough treble detail to make out variations on cymbal strikes without much effort. On Cornell's Songbook rendition of "Black Hole Sun," you can make out his lips smacking before certain lines of the song. I personally find the Technics to be a more live-friendly pair as they seem to scale staging with the venue really well.
I love the EQ. I’m able to give the bass a nice punch. Same with me, I was listening to something last night and I kept hearing the singers lips snack and a breath.

Attachments

• B95FFB76-570F-432F-BD56-58716C9CEA2F.jpeg
    B95FFB76-570F-432F-BD56-58716C9CEA2F.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #31,925 of 62,417
Can’t wait to check your playlist! I wouldn’t mind a thread just for sharing Tidal playlists

My guitar music: https://tidal.com/playlist/cc6df6a8-a907-45a8-9307-325d5e893c82
Good thinking, but I don't want to overdo it with the amount of threads I try to pay attention to and music threads take literal months out of my life. Been there. I'll add your playlist, though!

For now, I've got a slightly different delivery to mess around with...
IMG_20210414_160647.jpg
Time to see what all the fuss is about and that means I have to start in my least favorite way possible. Straight outta the 3.5mm plug.

Based on feel, though, these might make an absolute banger of a combo with the UMTWS3/BT20S Pro, assuming they have enough power to lift them up over excitation. Nice, tiny buds need a nice, tiny BT dongle to go with 'em. Each side must have 5W of Class A RMS power and a 12-hour battery life. Weight? Under 10g.

Well it would certainly be a more attractive combo than the inevitable portable stack I'm going to have to make with the E12a...all jokes aside, I am curious to see if someone's been able to give them enough juice over BT because they'd be perfectly-sized for it.
I love the EQ. I’m able to give the bass a nice punch. Same with me, I was listening to something last night and I kept hearing the singers lips snack and a breath.
A mastering engineer somewhere just threw his beer against the wall for wasting an entire week trying to EQ those out.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #31,926 of 62,417
Good thinking, but I don't want to overdo it with the amount of threads I try to pay attention to and music threads take literal months out of my life. Been there. I'll add your playlist, though!

For now, I've got a slightly different delivery to mess around with...
IMG_20210414_160647.jpg
Time to see what all the fuss is about and that means I have to start in my least favorite way possible. Straight outta the 3.5mm plug.

Based on feel, though, these might make an absolute banger of a combo with the UMTWS3/BT20S Pro, assuming they have enough power to lift them up over excitation. Nice, tiny buds need a nice, tiny BT dongle to go with 'em. Each side must have 5W of Class A RMS power and a 12-hour battery life. Weight? Under 10g.

Well it would certainly be a more attractive combo than the inevitable portable stack I'm going to have to make with the E12a...all jokes aside, I am curious to see if someone's been able to give them enough juice over BT because they'd be perfectly-sized for it.

A mastering engineer somewhere just threw his beer against the wall for wasting an entire week trying to EQ those out.
Once upon a time, I went to school to be one of of those guys. Good thing I didn't pursue it!

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #31,928 of 62,417
Got an email from Status this morning stating that they're getting their next 10k units over the next two weeks. They'll ship out in 2k batches. If you order after today, you aren't projected to receive until June. Otherwise, sounds like everybody else will be taken care of. Keeping my fingers crossed I actually get them this month.

Sadly, I think the Edifier are lost forever. No movement since March 20th. Win some, lose some. Only 50 more days until I can make a claim...
I ended up jumping back on the Status Between Pro wagon so looking forward to trying these. Between the positive reviews and CocaCola's experience I think they are going to be great. Ended up paying a bit more than the $79 deal they originally offered but at $99 I think they are still a good deal especially if they have as good audio as reported. I already own 2 ANC models so am fine with just focusing on audio quality on this pair.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #31,929 of 62,417
I ended up jumping back on the Status Between Pro wagon so looking forward to trying these. Between the positive reviews and CocaCola's experience I think they are going to be great. Ended up paying a bit more than the $79 deal they originally offered but at $99 I think they are still a good deal especially if they have as good audio as reported. I already own 2 ANC models so am fine with just focusing on audio quality on this pair.
Are they done with the Early Bird pricing? Surprised it was being offered as long as it did.

Congrats on ordering the Status! Considering what HiBy charges for the WH3 (though it is currently marked down), I'd say $99 for a 3-driver arrangement is still a job well done.

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #31,930 of 62,417
Totally agree :). I ordered them a while back because I was afraid the $99 price would disappear. According to that latest update mine should be in the next week or 2. I am fine with the delay as I enjoy my AZ70 and WF-1000XM3.

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #31,931 of 62,417
I actually love listening to Qobuz classical on my Kef mu3s. It sounds amazing

From what has been written lately, I’d really like to try these KEF’s, the Falcon Pro’s and the MW08. Just wish I had more wiggle room in my wallet and, since I’ve been reading about LE Audio and LC3 (I just hope Apple will have this available on an iPhone...), I honestly do not want to invest much now on what’s soon gonna be really different. Anyway, it’ll take some time...

Do you guys have any take on how long this will take to materialize and then eventually become a standard?

I’m a firm defender of keeping info condensed in one place and not dispersed. A “general” thread like this, about ALL the TWS makes very much sense to me, because comparison is paramount. I’ve thrown in the occasional playlist and really like when other people do that too or even mention what they’ve been listening to. Very interesting.
I understand and sometimes like to compartmentalize some issues but this is evolving so fast that I’d hate to loose one bit. I’m glad I followed this thread early and read through more than twenty one hundred pages of information you guys keep sharing. Some people have even been accused of doing too much but that’s very far from my view. It’s been VERY useful info (thank you) and EVERYONE is encouraged to chime in (please do). I try to do my humble bit. Cheers!

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #31,932 of 62,417
For anyone with the mw08 how is the fit? Does the lack of wings make them unstable?

comparing the mw07 go to the ue fits is simply boys against men. The mw07 just destroy the fits in sound quality. But I am having an awful time getting the mw07 to stay put. The fin just slips out of my ear and the tips are so rigid they pop out as well. Gonna try some spinfits but the fins seem to make them worse not better. I may take a gamble on the mw08 if they fit well.
The MW08 fit differently than prior generations -- you really need to try them (ideally for an extended period of time) to see how well they fit you. For me, they're very stable.

Apr 15, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #31,935 of 62,417
Jbl will be more comfortable but ymmv as to how they fit. For me with stock tips they still didn't have perfect seal and angle vigorous head shaking they would fall out.

For secure fit the MT,Fiil T1 pro both have rubber wing or fin to help keep them in place and are more comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back