Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 6, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #31,591 of 62,417
I had to (again) reset network/Bluetooth, but mine did update eventually. There were some scary bits before that where it seemed I lost pairing ability, but it sort-of fixed itself. Anyway, all said and done it does appear they fixed the drain issue, as mine have now been standing by for a couple of hours and still show 100% charge.
Something to investigate if you're doing this via Android as I just figured this out last night:

Some LE devices need location services for the respective TWS app to be Always On, not just when the app is in use. I didn't do this when I tried to upgrade the NF1 and the system went haywire in the process. Once I changed it to Always On, the update went perfectly. Might be worth checking on the Devialet app to see if it's the same issue and I'd assume a cold boot would be a good idea as well. Conversely, if you're trying to do this on iOS and it's being a pain, do you have an Android device to try updating the firmware on as well?

This could also potentially be why my MTs were acting all screwy with volume. I'll have to spend some time with them after work today and report back on my findings. More to come...
Custom Art announce new wireless custom/universal called the Go One.
Had this saved in my quotes stack, but never attached it to a post. Sorry about that.

Do you have a link to the discussion on it? Couldn't find anything on Piotr's site. And to think I had the FIBAE 7 in my sights. Might not have to anymore.
Screenshot_20210406-121624.jpg

Update: found the product page, at least. Have fun with the customizer :)
https://thecustomart.com/shop/acrylic-products/go-one/

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #31,593 of 62,417
Anyone heard when the Devailet Gemini will be back up for the sale ...now the firmware fix is out🤔
I keep asking them and they have no info as of last night. Frustrating!

"
Thank you for your message.

This product is currently unavailable and we will be glad to let you know when shipments resume.

I apologize for not being able to provide a solid answer at this stage.

Please kindly stay tuned via our Newsletter or Latest-News
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/categories/200536421-Latest-News
I will close this ticket temporarily so that you will not keep receiving a reminder e-mail from our system. You are always welcome to come back to us at any time. Simply give us a buzz or reply to this email when you need assistance.

Once again, thank you for your contact. Your support means a lot to Devialet.

Wishing you a very pleasant week.

Best regards,

Masaji | Customer service & support Devialet"​

Apr 6, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #31,594 of 62,417
Sometimes it's the dumbest settings that can make or break a pair of TWS...I think I've narrowed down, at least in my case, the issue I was having with volume control on the MT.

With my particular flavor of Android, the Location popup that comes up on the first boot of each app (that would require it) did not present to me every available setting for the MT app. As a result, the TWS were only being granted location access when the Melomania app was open. Apparently, this can wreak havoc on certain features of a TWS. In the NF1's case, it prevented me from being able to select each bud in the firmware update app. Turns out that it had a similar effect for the MT, only with regard to volume control.

If you're on Android, I highly encourage you to test this theory out:
  1. Open your Android settings menu (the big system-wide one)
  2. Open Location (depending on which flavor of Android you have, this may be buried under additional settings menus)
  3. Open "App access to Location" (or whatever sounds like "app-specific location settings")
  4. Scroll until you find the Melomania app and select it
You should see something similar to this:
Screenshot_20210406-133045.jpg
For me, Deny was selected at first. Once I selected Allow all the time, I got my volume control back. And, so far, it's stayed back.

The rationale behind why this matters, as far as I understand, is that LE devices need permanent location access to function properly. Guess it'll bork the OnePlus 8T's volume control without it.

Maybe it'll work for you, maybe not. Don't know what to suggest for the iPhone folks, if anything is even required.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #31,595 of 62,417
Devialet firmware is out. Tried to install and... bricked.

(edit) Ok it's back now. These things are weird. It's like they need time to heal themselves!
Both of my earbuds updated first try, but the case is bricked :/ so I can't re-pair them with ANY source.

So I have two up-to-date earbuds but no way to use them :frowning2:

NOTE: There is a tech note on their website re: getting a case to update - doesn't work for me. Mine seems completely dead (firmware shows 0.0.0, charge at 0%, button completely unresponsive).

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #31,596 of 62,417
Both of my earbuds updated first try, but the case is bricked :/ so I can't re-pair them with ANY source.

So I have two up-to-date earbuds but no way to use them :frowning2:

NOTE: There is a tech note on their website re: getting a case to update - doesn't work for me. Mine seems completely dead (firmware shows 0.0.0, charge at 0%, button completely unresponsive).
Android or iOS? Sometimes dumping app cache (and potentially app data) can release the update gremlins.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #31,598 of 62,417
iOS. I uninstalled and re-installed the app, as well, to no avail 🤷‍♂️
Have any other devices at your disposal? If not, you may also want to attempt a cold boot (power off fully, wait about 10 seconds, then power on your iPhone).

Unfortunately, I don't know iOS architecture above basic troubleshooting steps; the daily users should probably be able to help more than I can. Hope you manage to figure it out!

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #31,599 of 62,417
Have any other devices at your disposal? If not, you may also want to attempt a cold boot (power off fully, wait about 10 seconds, then power on your iPhone).

Unfortunately, I don't know iOS architecture above basic troubleshooting steps; the daily users should probably be able to help more than I can. Hope you manage to figure it out!
Double scared now. Hard to believe they took 3 months to push this update and it’s still not working. Debacle.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #31,600 of 62,417

Yes, have tried all that - I really don't think it's the phone. I think the case is simply bricked - it's completely non-responsive - though, oddly, it still seems to charge the earbuds ... so at least they won't run down, even if I can't listen to them :p

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #31,601 of 62,417
Double scared now. Hard to believe they took 3 months to push this update and it’s still not working. Debacle.
Plot twist: that's what Devialet means in ancient Aramaic...or something.
Yes, have tried all that - I really don't think it's the phone. I think the case is simply bricked - it's completely non-responsive - though, oddly, it still seems to charge the earbuds ... so at least they won't run down, even if I can't listen to them :p
The buds communicate to the phone through the case? Uh oh.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #31,602 of 62,417
Plot twist: that's what Devialet means in ancient Aramaic...or something.

The buds communicate to the phone through the case? Uh oh.
No ... but like many other buds, you use a button-press on the case to trigger pairing. So after the update, my buds were no longer paired with my phone, and now I can't re-pair them with my phone, or anything else.

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #31,603 of 62,417
Sony WF-1000xm4 has been certified with Bluetooth 5.2 but no aptx/aptx HD. Seems they may be going for LDAC, and I'm sure it will have AAC/SBC.

Meanwhile, the FCC describes that the WF-1000XM4 has a MediaTek MT2822S SoC, up from the MT2811S found in the WF-1000XM3. Based on The Walkman Blog's findings, the MT2822 has a faster CPU combined with an improved DSP coprocessor. The MT2822 supports up to 24-bit and 192 KHz audio like the MT2811S, but the former utilises Hardware Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and hardware gain control, among other features.

The FCC has provided a sketch of the WF-1000XM4's charging case too, although possibly only of the top of its lid. While the presence of a MediaTek SoC rules out the WF-1000XM4 from supporting any aptX codecs, leaked box art points to Sony including its proprietary LDAC codec. It is unclear when Sony will release the WF-1000XM4, but the FCC suggests that the earbuds will arrive before September.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-S...les-out-aptX-or-aptX-HD-support.531036.0.html

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #31,604 of 62,417
Sony WF-1000xm4 has been certified with Bluetooth 5.2 but no aptx/aptx HD. Seems they may be going for LDAC, and I'm sure it will have AAC/SBC.
That's going to make some people grumpy, but I assume Sony will still manage to pull it off.

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #31,605 of 62,417
I had that as well, but after close/opening the case it just worked. The right earbud is supposed to passively update the case. If it doesn't then their suggested remedy is to take the right right out and put it back in after waiting a few seconds. It should work eventually.

I agree that this is one of the weirdest update procedures I've ever seen.

basically you just want to see the light go on. don't bother pushing the button, but do try taking the buds out and back in and close/open the case. If it doesn't come back to life after a number of tries then I guess it's a brick, and they will replace them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back