Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 28, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #31,231 of 62,798
Terrible addiction this audio hobby, now especially with TWS .. it seems I can never have enough ...
In the last few weeks I got the Bose QC Earbuds AND the Jabra 85t and consider them both endgame material ...
and yet ...
I keep wondering ...

WHAT NEXT?

anyone else?

and seriously, what next?
(Oh, I also have the Amazon Echobuds waiting in the UK for me, pending visa for the courier)
How about that ADV custom?

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #31,232 of 62,798
Terrible addiction this audio hobby, now especially with TWS .. it seems I can never have enough ...
In the last few weeks I got the Bose QC Earbuds AND the Jabra 85t and consider them both endgame material ...
and yet ...
I keep wondering ...

WHAT NEXT?

anyone else?

(Oh, I also have the Amazon Echobuds waiting in the UK for me, pending visa for the courier)
Yes.

Currently rocking...

Oppo Enco X
Kef mu3
Samsung galaxy buds pro (my least fav..)
Libratone Track Air+ (my old trusty)

Id put them roughly in that order overall, kef wins for sound.

What next? Pi7? Wf-1000m4? OnePlus Colorbuds Pro?

Thats the 3 im eyeing up.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #31,233 of 62,798
How about that ADV custom?
Interesting, did not see those before ... (I admit I had to google search and wade through many motorcycles first)
but no way I can get those here :) If I find something in this small island market place at all, it has to be fairly mainstream ... or old! Saw one e-vendor still trying to sell the first Sony WF1000 for about 250$

I could get the Galaxy Buds Pro, for some strange reason the official Samsung store here only offers them in that weird lilac color.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #31,234 of 62,798
So my love affair with the 75t is ending. Bought them for my riding bike. I am getting a ton of wind noise and they keep slipping out just enough to make the wind unbearable. Tried M and L stock tips. No difference. The M30 are much quieter in every respect. Before I send them back, any tips?

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #31,235 of 62,798
Yes.

Currently rocking...

Oppo Enco X
Kef mu3
Samsung galaxy buds pro (my least fav..)
Libratone Track Air+ (my old trusty)

Id put them roughly in that order overall, kef wins for sound.

What next? Pi7? Wf-1000m4? OnePlus Colorbuds Pro?

Thats the 3 im eyeing up.
Some interesting food for thought ... I see that I could get the Oppo Enco W31 here ... so, maybe in a few months they have the Enco X :D
I had been looking at the Kefs for a bit ... also interesting ... never got around to try the Libratones.

Has there been any word if / when XM4 might be happening? I remember that one rumor / leak design pic ...

And what's Pi7?

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #31,236 of 62,798
So my love affair with the 75t is ending. Bought them for my riding bike. I am getting a ton of wind noise and they keep slipping out just enough to make the wind unbearable. Tried M and L stock tips. No difference. The M30 are much quieter in every respect. Before I send them back, any tips?
Try different tips. The stock ones are slippery. Do you have foams you can slip on? If not, I can confirm the EA75t don't budge in my ear once the Small Final tips are on.

Sorry they're slipping out. Alternatively, you could kinda wear a 'do rag to hold them in place. Fabric should be light enough to still allow the microphones to work. Might look a little goofy, but might help.

And if that doesn't work, there's always that Kickstarter for rubber bands for your ears I linked back (only half-kidding).

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #31,237 of 62,798
Some interesting food for thought ... I see that I could get the Oppo Enco W31 here ... so, maybe in a few months they have the Enco X :D
I had been looking at the Kefs for a bit ... also interesting ... never got around to try the Libratones.

Has there been any word if / when XM4 might be happening? I remember that one rumor / leak design pic ...

And what's Pi7?
The Pi7 is a rumored B&W flagship. Basically takes the Pi5 that's due out and gives it steroids in driver count, ANC, and probably some other features I can't remember. We're expecting retail to be about $400 on it. Making them the second-most expensive TWS I've found and the most expensive universal TWS.

Problem is all the product pages have been pulled. They may end up only available by request and within the dealer network.

As for the XM4, nothing new. Sony's staying pretty hush-hush about it.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #31,238 of 62,798
Try different tips. The stock ones are slippery. Do you have foams you can slip on? If not, I can confirm the EA75t don't budge in my ear once the Small Final tips are on.

Sorry they're slipping out. Alternatively, you could kinda wear a 'do rag to hold them in place. Fabric should be light enough to still allow the microphones to work. Might look a little goofy, but might help.

And if that doesn't work, there's always that Kickstarter for rubber bands for your ears I linked back (only half-kidding).
Thanks. Not your fault ... lol. I think the lack of a wing is the problem. I had the original Jabra elite sport and the 65 and the bigger size actually helped them stay put. Are the final tips available for stand alone purchase anywhere? Any other suggestions worth trying? I think they need to have low profile for wind. Interestingly I had no issues with the MTW2 on my bike. Maybe I’ll go back to those.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #31,239 of 62,798
Thanks. Not your fault ... lol. I think the lack of a wing is the problem. I had the original Jabra elite sport and the 65 and the bigger size actually helped them stay put. Are the final tips available for stand alone purchase anywhere? Any other suggestions worth trying? I think they need to have low profile for wind. Interestingly I had no issues with the MTW2 on my bike. Maybe I’ll go back to those.
Might be worth going back to the Senns if they're a known quantity for you. Here's a link to the Final tips. They shipped reasonably fast:

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-for-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-2-pairs

And I'd definitely buy them again as their silicone (might be ptfe, not sure) is super soft and non-irritating.

If not those, then the Dekoni TWS foam tips I got have been working really well stretched over the Noble X; if they can hold those in place, I have to imagine they're good for the EA75t as well. Once the family is up and running here, I'll check fit to make sure they won't pop off the short EA75t stem.

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...black-the-mercury-true-wireless-4-9mm-3-pack/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dekoni-Aud...7?pageci=8fe00d3e-768f-4f8f-a12e-bd49504f98ea

For some reason, these are slightly different. I think the ones in the eBay link have a slower rebound on the foam whereas the Mercury have effectively no rebound time at all. I could be wrong, though.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #31,240 of 62,798
Might be worth going back to the Senns if they're a known quantity for you. Here's a link to the Final tips. They shipped reasonably fast:

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-for-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-2-pairs

And I'd definitely buy them again as their silicone (might be ptfe, not sure) is super soft and non-irritating.

If not those, then the Dekoni TWS foam tips I got have been working really well stretched over the Noble X; if they can hold those in place, I have to imagine they're good for the EA75t as well. Once the family is up and running here, I'll check fit to make sure they won't pop off the short EA75t stem

Mar 28, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #31,241 of 62,798
Well my white MT going back. It takes a good 10 tries to get the right earbud charging. I have to rotate the right bud clockwise and then it is 50 50 if it turns red and charges
First pair was not like that at all the only issue first pair was the creaky case.

Still in fence about the white. They look nice and all but my bed and sheets are white and man I can never find the case or bud if they end up on the bed. Worried wil get filthy in a few months too.

wondering if people with right ear bu case issues mainly had the whit ear black model?
wonder if it’s random or maybe a certain manufacturing batch that has issues.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #31,242 of 62,798
and yet ...
I keep wondering ...

WHAT NEXT?

anyone else?

I'm down these after selling a few.
Sony XM3
Sennheiser MTW
Jabra 85t
Jabra 75t
Samsung galaxy pro
Lypertec Tevi
I'm going to see how long I can stick it out with these.

Mar 28, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #31,243 of 62,798
Well my white MT going back. It takes a good 10 tries to get the right earbud charging. I have to rotate the right bud clockwise and then it is 50 50 if it turns red and charges
First pair was not like that at all the only issue first pair was the creaky case.

Still in fence about the white. They look nice and all but my bed and sheets are white and man I can never find the case or bud if they end up on the bed. Worried wil get filthy in a few months too.

wondering if people with right ear bu case issues mainly had the whit ear black model?
wonder if it’s random or maybe a certain manufacturing batch that has issues.
I had this issue on my first black pair.

Mar 28, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #31,244 of 62,798
After getting some new wireless stuff, just grabbed a Senn HD250Bt and the also new Soundblaster Jam V2 among them, I thought letting something go if I can barely use it. Most interesting would be the Victor FX100T and figure I'd post here before making a FS thread if any were wanting to try them here in the US. You can check most of the reviews on Amazon Japan and ask me any Q's.

Mar 28, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #31,245 of 62,798
I had this issue on my first black pair.
I just figured out if I put them into the case and rotate a tiny bit clockwise as it seats it makes the connection to power off and turn on red charging light every time. If I put them in any other way it fails 90%. Debating if I return or repurchase or just accept as is as it seems this is a common issue and next pair might be as bad or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back