Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #31,201 of 62,452
I am interested in this feature too: what about Earin A-3?
I have them and use them all the time in certain situations. They basically just sit in your ear and could definitely fall out while you’re sleeping. That said, I have not tried sleeping with them yet. I’ll test this out one night and report back.

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #31,202 of 62,452
That canal story gets weirder the more you look into it, but things are going to get a lot worse if they can't free that ship by Monday (especially if it's taken on water). May have to say goodbye to Chi-Fi as an "affordable" alternative for a while.

Just hope my Edifiers made it over first...
Ya it really is weird. I remember a few years one of the dictators or Supreme Masters over there threatened to blockade the Suez Canal and I just laughed, thinking it was some giant waterway. Benefits of an American public edumucation I guess :)

Mar 27, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #31,204 of 62,452
Does UE Fits have good balanced sound? I've been curious about them?
Yes, they're considerably more balanced than most of the mainstream offerings. There's a couple midrange peaks that you can tame to taste, but I think it starts you off much closer to neutral.

Mar 27, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #31,205 of 62,452
Hey everyone. I’m thinking about getting the Fiil T1 Pro. Seems the sound signature would be more to my taste. If anyone has them, can they recommend some tips, that also still fit in the case? I want to achieve a more secure, comfortable fit. Spinfits, foam?

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #31,206 of 62,452
Hey everyone. I’m thinking about getting the Fiil T1 Pro. Seems the sound signature would be more to my taste. If anyone has them, can they recommend some tips, that also still fit in the case? I want to achieve a more secure, comfortable fit. Spinfits, foam?
I find I get a great fit with the stock tips which is rare for me

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #31,208 of 62,452
Pandemic life. I’m so pathetic. New addition to the collection.
E1749BB4-8AF9-4BF3-AA8A-31DF1BF19BB1.jpeg

Mar 27, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #31,209 of 62,452
Mar 27, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #31,210 of 62,452
Does UE Fits have good balanced sound? I've been curious about them?

It does have a very good balance overall. The 5-band EQ does allow you to have a bit of control over it too; the headphones don’t default to a “flat” EQ either as it defaults over to UE’s EQ which is not flat (they depict this in app). I’m not sure what the true tuning of the driver actually is (and how much DSP they’re using). Outside the “custom” tips, there are no special features for this IEM though; it’s more of a no-frills setup. Isolation isn’t the strongest with the tips for me as they kind of are shallow on me, but they are second in terms of comfort to a CIEM IMO.

UE does have a 30 day risk-free trial, so if you’re not happy, you can send them back. If you don’t want to put down a ton of money up front, their Affirm offer has 12-months 0% (so you pay like 20 bucks and change up front).

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #31,211 of 62,452
Whaddya think?
Overpaid, I'm sure, but whatever. I only have the Ety ER4XR's and these Moondrops are fun. More bass. The Fostex's seem to be working well. No battery case, but the adapters last around 10 hrs, probably less. I knew what I was getting into. They're very light. Barely noticeable compared to the Shure TW1's. Soundstage is wide. You can EQ in the app if need be. They really do make an album like Dokken's Back for the Attack which was mastered in the 80's, sound really great. Loud Love by Soundgarden is hypnotic.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #31,212 of 62,452
It does have a very good balance overall. The 5-band EQ does allow you to have a bit of control over it too; the headphones don’t default to a “flat” EQ either as it defaults over to UE’s EQ which is not flat (they depict this in app). I’m not sure what the true tuning of the driver actually is (and how much DSP they’re using). Outside the “custom” tips, there are no special features for this IEM though; it’s more of a no-frills setup. Isolation isn’t the strongest with the tips for me as they kind of are shallow on me, but they are second in terms of comfort to a CIEM IMO.

UE does have a 30 day risk-free trial, so if you’re not happy, you can send them back. If you don’t want to put down a ton of money up front, their Affirm offer has 12-months 0% (so you pay like 20 bucks and change up front).
+1 on those UE Fits. Love mine. Plus, UE's customer service is stellar. They also told me that they're working on a true wireless adapter for their fitted IEM's. No release date yet. I also suggested they add a passthrough/transparency mode to the rep.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #31,213 of 62,452
Outside the “custom” tips, there are no special features for this IEM though; it’s more of a no-frills setup. Isolation isn’t the strongest with the tips for me as they kind of are shallow on me, but they are second in terms of comfort to a CIEM IMO.
But...but...we have volume control now!

Seriously, though, these are basically listen-only TWS. They'll take calls, too, but won't do much else. And I absolutely love them anyway.

Just wish that the UE did a bit more in the features department. Having all of that Logitech R&D at their disposal and not using it is such a tease.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #31,214 of 62,452
Overpaid, I'm sure, but whatever. I only have the Ety ER4XR's and these Moondrops are fun. More bass. The Fostex's seem to be working well. No battery case, but the adapters last around 10 hrs, probably less. I knew what I was getting into. They're very light. Barely noticeable compared to the Shure TW1's. Soundstage is wide. You can EQ in the app if need be. They really do make an album like Dokken's Back for the Attack which was mastered in the 80's, sound really great. Loud Love by Soundgarden is hypnotic.
Only Moondrop I've heard is the Kanas Pro and really wish those had more of the fun factor, but man are they smooth otherwise. Glad you found a good combo.

Here's a Navarro side project if you fancy. Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun on that combo:

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #31,215 of 62,452
Only Moondrop I've heard is the Kanas Pro and really wish those had more of the fun factor, but man are they smooth otherwise. Glad you found a good combo.

Here's a Navarro side project if you fancy. Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun on that combo:

Moondrop makes a bunch of good ones evidently. I've been analyzing the Crinacle list: https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/
I've heard of that side project. Been a while. Added!
Here's one right back at you:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back