Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #31,051 of 62,386
I initially ordered the 85t as an all-arounder but later tested my friend's pair and wasn't too keen on the tuning (treble was a bit rolled off for my tastes but aside from that, just sounded a bit flat) so my set is still sitting BNIB (will be putting them up 4sale). Took advantage of a coupon and got the EA75t refurb'd due to your vouching for them and the mention of fun tuning - these things are the "bee's knees", "cat's pajamas" and whatever quips you'd care to throw at them, granted due to the fun tuning, the bass out of the box is a bit more than I care for but easily tweaked via EQ. Thx!
Got mine today. Listening to them now. Definitely a punchy and energetic sound. I dialed the bass down and the treble up a bit. With the ANC update and for 80 bucks hard to complain. Fit is really nice. Small and just disappear.

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #31,052 of 62,386
@Canabuc - was $79.99 - $10 coupon - I see it now dropped to $74.99 (includes 2 yr warranty from Allstate due to being certified refurb'd - caveat emptor they share your info as a trade-off but I already have a bunch of Sq. Trade contracts)

@clerkpalmer - yes, the comfort is great and love the multi-point (albeit I get a few interrupts on PC every now and then), ANC, transparency mode, IPX7, etc. etc. IMO, it's fantastic bang for the buck with the included warranty.

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #31,053 of 62,386
Behold the future...
1616447598214.png

X77 (tentative name)" is said to be a high-performance complete wireless earphone belonging to the high-end class in the NUARL lineup, and in addition to Snapdragon Sound, compatible devices are expected to be released in 2021 "LE audio (LC3)" ) ”, And plans to support cooperation with various services such as music and telephone calls.

In addition, specifications such as adoption of the original dynamic driver, support for Adaptive Active Noise Canceling, and installation of a hear-through function have been clarified.

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #31,054 of 62,386
Behold the future...
1616447598214.png
X77 (tentative name)" is said to be a high-performance complete wireless earphone belonging to the high-end class in the NUARL lineup, and in addition to Snapdragon Sound, compatible devices are expected to be released in 2021 "LE audio (LC3)" ) ”, And plans to support cooperation with various services such as music and telephone calls.

In addition, specifications such as adoption of the original dynamic driver, support for Adaptive Active Noise Canceling, and installation of a hear-through function have been clarified.
Woah they need a better advertising firm.

So same driver, better ANC, and HearThrough? What's so revolutionary?

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #31,055 of 62,386
Woah they need a better advertising firm.

So same driver, better ANC, and HearThrough? What's so revolutionary?
Original driver(ignore the bad Google translation) meaning new and not the same and Snapdragon with LE audio/LC3. They should be in the know so the compatible devices to be released in 2021 is a nice tidbit.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #31,056 of 62,386
Original driver(ignore the bad Google translation) meaning new and not the same and Snapdragon with LE audio/LC3. They should be in the know so the compatible devices to be released in 2021 is a nice tidbit.
I mean I've been hearing the buzz about Snapdragon jumping into the codec realm, but thought they were a far cry off from implementing. Any idea if there's existing silicon this will be compatible with?
I'm just worried this is also going to go the way of HiBy's wireless codec; important only in its small ecosystem.

Mar 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #31,057 of 62,386
Behold the future...

Snapdragon sound? Lol What does a Snapdragon sound like? Does it sound like a SoC chip?

Mar 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #31,059 of 62,386
Snapdragon sound? Lol What does a Snapdragon sound like? Does it sound like a SoC chip?
Think of it like a unification/standardization platform. Similar to "Works with Windows 10" or "Made for iPhone," except there's some legitimate improvements to how things are handled on the backend (Aqstic could be interesting if they pull it off).

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #31,060 of 62,386
"Snapdragon sound" seems totally unnecessary given the features of Bluetooth LE/LC3 tho?

Similar features, but without Qualcomm license fee.

I guess Qualcomm are getting pretty desperate 😂

LC3/Bluetooth audio LE will standardize so many features that's either new or previous proprietary tech from mainly Apple/Qualcomm/Samsung.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #31,061 of 62,386
@Canabuc - was $79.99 - $10 coupon - I see it now dropped to $74.99 (includes 2 yr warranty from Allstate due to being certified refurb'd - caveat emptor they share your info as a trade-off but I already have a bunch of Sq. Trade contracts)

@clerkpalmer - yes, the comfort is great and love the multi-point (albeit I get a few interrupts on PC every now and then), ANC, transparency mode, IPX7, etc. etc. IMO, it's fantastic bang for the buck with the included warranty.
Contemplating getting em but really have no use. They are perfect for winter outdoors as buttons work with hat and gloves. That might be only use case though as the freebuds pro outside of IP rating outperform it for me and I'm having a hard time justifying them the freebuds pro and Melomania touch all at same time.
1st world problems lol

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #31,064 of 62,386
Anyone with the samsung pros have alternative tips they are using? Just like my 85ts the right side large ear tip is to small.
Spinfits just slip off due to the short boss.
There's an eBay listing for 85t foam tips. They're a little tricky to install, but worth it if you're finding the Large a bit too small for your ears.

Worst case, maybe you can cannibalize whatever adapter they put on the stem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back