Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 15, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #29,296 of 62,441
Anyone here tried t1xs or t1pro for long time? How does it hold up after some months of use? What about comparison with other tws under 100$ (especially senn)?

Feb 15, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #29,299 of 62,441
I keep hearing good things about galaxy buds pro but after listening to them with my s21u for 2 days I gotta say the sound quality is not very impressive... A/B ed with N6 pro and clarity wise the difference is night and day.

Tried xm3, mtw 2, also got crushed by n6pro. I'm thinking if the bose gonna do better...

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #29,300 of 62,441
Not sure how good but may be worth a look at the right price(currently $119.99 on Amazon)... Monster Clarity 700dB
QCC3020, 5.0 , SBC/AAC/aptX, IPX5, 6.5 hours per and 100 hours with the case.
1613440980314.png

1613441016369.png

1613441047314.png

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #29,301 of 62,441
Didn't these get a bad rap when they came out? I get that the price is really tempting. I put them in my car twice then deleted after reading reviews. JRR had a lot to say about them. Any issues anyone?
I originally purchased them when they were $150+ and enjoyed mostly everything about them except for the fit (at the gym) and some mixed feedback as it relates to phone calls. That being said, I enjoyed the sound, just the quirks at that price point turned me off. For $20 bucks or so? I'll take them for the sound. They're V-shaped, but not to the extent of Monster earbuds (love the bass, but hate the shrill treble). These are basically a little tamer version of Monster. I think they sound great, but I know there are others that aren't a fan of the signature.

The funny thing is, I'm actually able to get a secure fit using the M tips that come on it out of the box. Who knows, maybe calls will work better with the new iPhone 12 Pro!

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #29,302 of 62,441
I keep hearing good things about galaxy buds pro but after listening to them with my s21u for 2 days I gotta say the sound quality is not very impressive... A/B ed with N6 pro and clarity wise the difference is night and day.

Tried xm3, mtw 2, also got crushed by n6pro. I'm thinking if the bose gonna do better...
I returned my GB Pros for the same reason. They don't sound bad by any means, but they definitely sound "regular". Also, with audio off and ANC on, a whooshing sound began to occur in the right earbud.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #29,303 of 62,441
Not sure how good but may be worth a look at the right price(currently $119.99 on Amazon)... Monster Clarity 700dB
QCC3020, 5.0 , SBC/AAC/aptX, IPX5, 6.5 hours per and 100 hours with the case.
1613440980314.png
1613441016369.png
1613441047314.png

I’ve always had mixed experiences with Monster headphones. Their earbuds tended to be very nice and well designed, but their cabling kept a lot to be wanted. With TWS I guess that latter issue is kind of moot. Their sound was always slightly overpriced. Not nearly as bad as Beats, but still a little over. Most of what I’ve received from them did sound good though.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #29,304 of 62,441
If you need the features, get the MTW2. You may not be h

I've been using the Grado since the day I got them. I love them. More than the Melomania Touch so far (still have to go on a tear with them). I really really dig them. Worth $259? To me, yes, because I'm happy with the sound. If folks have the money to spend, get what you want, not what you want to pay. That's just my opinion. My buds are a revolving door. I get what I want when I want them because I love the tech. I keep trying to force myself to use over ears or wired and I keep going back to my TWS. I'm a junkie, what can I say :wink:
I’ve had the MTW 1& 2. I prefer the sound of my Grados.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #29,305 of 62,441
I originally purchased them when they were $150+ and enjoyed mostly everything about them except for the fit (at the gym) and some mixed feedback as it relates to phone calls. That being said, I enjoyed the sound, just the quirks at that price point turned me off. For $20 bucks or so? I'll take them for the sound. They're V-shaped, but not to the extent of Monster earbuds (love the bass, but hate the shrill treble). These are basically a little tamer version of Monster. I think they sound great, but I know there are others that aren't a fan of the signature.

The funny thing is, I'm actually able to get a secure fit using the M tips that come on it out of the box. Who knows, maybe calls will work better with the new iPhone 12 Pro!
I grabbed them and added the extended warranty off Amazon for an extra $2.99 🤘

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #29,306 of 62,441
I’ve always had mixed experiences with Monster headphones. Their earbuds tended to be very nice and well designed, but their cabling kept a lot to be wanted. With TWS I guess that latter issue is kind of moot. Their sound was always slightly overpriced. Not nearly as bad as Beats, but still a little over. Most of what I’ve received from them did sound good though.
I’d be curious to know if Monster is even really Monster anymore or if a Chinese company just bought the naming rights.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #29,307 of 62,441
Only had em a week so far and love the sound and fit.(T1Pro)
I am looking forward to your feedback after a month. I had a mpow, which started dropping connection right at the edge of 1 month. Good thing they were from Amazon, I returned them! Turns out many has the same issue after a month, talk about ticking time bomb.
Btw, even though you ranked T1pro 3rd in your sound ranking, can you compare them a bit more? You have a nice collection, I would definitely love a detailed sound analysis between them. Like how is the separation, clarity, tonality etc.

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #29,308 of 62,441
Welp, if anyone was ever curious what the insides of a TWS looks like (in particular the Mavin Air XR), here you go:
20210215_142933.jpg20210215_143541.jpg
20210215_143508.jpg20210215_143315.jpg
20210215_143816.jpg

Was the victim of an accident, the case has some small dents but still seems functional, PM me if you want them (free).

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #29,309 of 62,441
I am looking forward to your feedback after a month. I had a mpow, which started dropping connection right at the edge of 1 month. Good thing they were from Amazon, I returned them! Turns out many has the same issue after a month, talk about ticking time bomb.
Btw, even though you ranked T1pro 3rd in your sound ranking, can you compare them a bit more? You have a nice collection, I would definitely love a detailed sound analysis between them. Like how is the separation, clarity, tonality etc.
Allow me to pitch in. I've owned the T1 Pros for several months now and they do their job of delivering. Ergonomics, feature set, sound presentation, etc. all of them for a reasonable price.

Vocal precision and detail retrieval are the FIILs trademark. The lows are well-defined and are handled nicely but it takes the back seat in the mix, ultimately giving the mids and highs a chance to shine. If you need to tweak the sound to your liking, then the app gives you a choice of 15 presets and a custom graphic EQ.

Overall a complete package with great versatility.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #29,310 of 62,441
Well I have them ranked 3rd but the difference in the 3 is marginal and for certain genres I like them better than the ones ahead.

My opinions are not on stock sound as they have very adjustable EQ. They have great bass. It goes deep and is powerful but doesn't feel bloated like 75t. The highs are a little brighter than MTW2 but not fatiguing and very good detail.

Mids are good nothing stands out except that they don't get cluttered or lost/masked by the bass.They are not too forward or shouty that is for sure but are not as recessed as some other v shaped buds.

Soundstage is quite good. MTW2 are best I have heard and these are close behind. Some reviewer referenced thriller and another song for soundstage and found these and Sennheiser were neck and neck.

Volume is very good not quite at L2P or 85t but better than MTW2.
I don't listen to these past 80% and they are plenty loud. Might distort a tiny bit at highest volume though.

Battery life and connection and fit are great.

Weaknesses:

Touch controls do everything but you can't customize what does what. You have to settle for how they are set. And that means false presses as these unlike the MTW2 are so small there isn't really side surface to touch to I sent remove or adjust them.

ANC is average. XM3 and Jabra blow these away Samsung's do to with a good seal. Sennheiser a in brief testing weren't much better.
Ambient mode isn't strong enough and adds only a hint of volume over not being on.
Charging case is small Qi enabled with 3 recharges so great but the lid closes too easily and not always easiest getting the buds out.

Don't look as premium as some of the expensive ones but build seems fine.

Honestly these should be higher in my ranking for sound.
And as a complete package they are up there. Only Jabra 85t has everything this does though better controls and ambient but with worse sound and fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back