Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 4, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #28,981 of 63,208
If ANC is important the 85t with latest firmware is wow!
Snow removal trucks outside my bedroom very noisy. ANC on with nothing playing and nothing!
Buds pro reduced the noise but could still hear it.

Comfort wise also the 85t are great lying in bed after 15 min I almost don't feel them in my ears.

As for sound playing with the EQ and raising the treble up a fair bit and tiny drop in bass and midrange and the sound is much more detailed than before. Not quite up to Samsung treble detail, but nice natural sound and the Cumberland etc are cleared than before and not hidden in the music.

Unless a different tip can fix the Samsung's comfort issues I think my search is over for best all around ear buds.

If course when I began this journey I also ordered the Fiil t1pro as a cheaper experiment based on great reviews. These will arrive any day.

Any Fiil t1 pro users rate the sound quality to the more expensive bugs discussed here? Just sound not ANC or transparency. And yes will have access to the Chinese app.
The Fiil t1 pro ranks at the top of my tws pile now for sound quality, with the buds pro close behind. T1 pro has clear and natural highs and mids. The bass hits deep and is very fluid.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #28,982 of 63,208
Anyone here ever used their IPX7/8 buds in the shower with no issues? I told a friend I was going to use my IPX8 buds in the shower and he said I know you can but I wouldn't. So I didn't.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #28,983 of 63,208
Anyone here ever used their IPX7/8 buds in the shower with no issues? I told a friend I was going to use my IPX8 buds in the shower and he said I know you can but I wouldn't. So I didn't.

Yes. IPX7 Mavin Air-XR.

Fell out of my ears into the drain a couple times. Earwax plus warm water under pressure & silicone tips = extra slippery. No issues, after being submerged a few times, just blew the water off the driver opening and left the case open after.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #28,984 of 63,208
The Fiil t1 pro ranks at the top of my tws pile now for sound quality, with the buds pro close behind. T1 pro has clear and natural highs and mids. The bass hits deep and is very fluid.

how's the other features (anc, ambient, fit, reliability, etc) of the T1 pro compare to the Buds Pro's in your opinion?

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #28,985 of 63,208
I bought the Mobvoi Ticpods ANC, and after trying it out for a couple of days, i like it. it has a warm and "old tape" analog sound, good rounded bass and slight roll off on the treble, great for long listening. fit is nice too, it's kind of a hybrid of open earbuds and IEM in fitting, so it does block noise slightly, but doesn't make my ears "sweaty" even after very long usage. with usual IEMs, i have to take them off every two hours at max to let my ears breathe.
i also like the ambient and ANC..it's not great, but works adequately. i tested it for running with ambient mode, and no runner's thud and no wind noise. i haven't test it for bike riding though.

the cons about it is the controls, which is reliable, but really simplified (no volume and previous track control), and tad bigger than my other earbuds TWS. here's a comparison to the Onyx Ace and Vivo Neo

20210205_084326-01.jpeg

both the signal and range of the Ticpods and Vivo is great, while the Onyx Ace have annoying random dropouts from time to time...shame though.. because i quite like the sound, especially with foams on it.

anyone else here using the Onyx Ace have the same problems?

i also use the Vivo with foams, but have make slight adjustments on the case with some small grinder so it would fit inside the case. with the Onyx Ace, it can fit inside the case with foam just fine without adjustment.

20210205_084835-01.jpeg

Feb 4, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #28,986 of 63,208
how's the other features (anc, ambient, fit, reliability, etc) of the T1 pro compare to the Buds Pro's in your opinion?
The ANC cuts off rumbling noise, so they are effective for engine noise. The effect is not as strong as the buds pro though. Ambient is also very soft, can't hear much ambient sound when music is playing. Fit wise, it is pretty comfortable due to its small size. There was one occasion where the right bud died, I read that it is quite common for Fiil. Just leave the buds in the charging case for 1 to 2 days and it came alive again. Connection is rock solid and latency is very low.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #28,987 of 63,208
Yes. IPX7 Mavin Air-XR.

Fell out of my ears into the drain a couple times. Earwax plus warm water under pressure & silicone tips = extra slippery. No issues, after being submerged a few times, just blew the water off the driver opening and left the case open after.

Thanks. Lol yeah, I've got a removable metal drain plug which allows water to drain but not enough space between it and the drain to lose buds. I'd better remember to put it in the drain before I use them!

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #28,988 of 63,208

I am most likely keeping the Touch. I still have like another month to decide, but I'm leaning towards keeping. Sound is great and so are comfort/fit/battery life.

I tried Sennheiser cx400bt, Technics AZ70 and Sony wf1000-xm3. Sony had everything I wanted but was massive - not secure enough to use while lying down in bed at night reading a book with music in background. Touch had similar sound signature to Sony but in smaller package. Only thing missing is ANC, but I don't really need ANC for my use. I actually think Touch have slightly better overall sound quality than the Sony.

I'm just bit displeased by how many issues I had out of the box before the firmware update. I think it was inexcusable and unprofessional to rush something out without proper quality control & testing before release. I am glad they fixed the connection issue. The case is still not great - it doesn't always automatically start charging, but I think I'm used to it now. It's all about how you place the earbuds. It's not bad after getting used to it.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #28,989 of 63,208
I don't want to put a damper, but has anyone been surprised at the sound quality of wired iems/headphones after using wireless for so long? I've been using Airpods Pros for a very long time, which I thought sounded decent. I then recently got the Galaxy Buds Pro, and those sounded even better, albeit less comfortable. I decided to chuck 20$ and get the Sony MH750's and was blown away at the sound quality compared to my wireless options at a cost of 1/10 of the Buds Pro.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #28,990 of 63,208
I don't want to put a damper, but has anyone been surprised at the sound quality of wired iems/headphones after using wireless for so long? I've been using Airpods Pros for a very long time, which I thought sounded decent. I then recently got the Galaxy Buds Pro, and those sounded even better, albeit less comfortable. I decided to chuck 20$ and get the Sony MH750's and was blown away at the sound quality compared to my wireless options at a cost of 1/10 of the Buds Pro.
This exactly. I am coming from wired IEMs and full sized headphones. I have read reviews and read a ton of this thread, and have bought 2 pairs blindly (no place to audition anyhow), and found both to sound like crap to my ears. Almost everything I have read about the melomania touch (for instance) says they sound really good (just have other issues). I am so surprised at how off they actually sound, but more suprised at how much people have gotten used to listening to bad sound, and don't really know it.

That might also be part of the problem. I don't think I will ever find some TWS that compare to what I have unwittingly gotten used to with IEMs and headphones. If I could find those unicorns, I would then be end game with TWS AND IEMs... All I would need to complete would be the full sized headphones. I think I am close with either my HE400S or Deva (if I could find a combination of the 2 I would have it).

I hope I have not offended anyone, I was just offering my personal opinion.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #28,991 of 63,208
Well if the ANC is half decent then maybe everything else does back and I wait for the next generation which will all have multi pairing better ANC and sound.

Feb 5, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #28,994 of 63,208
Did you receive a shipment confirmation yet? Ordered as well but haven’t heard anything since the order confirmation.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them gentlemen. The old me would have bought them already, but not getting burnt again after CA Melomania Touch lol

Feb 5, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #28,995 of 63,208
This exactly. I am coming from wired IEMs and full sized headphones. I have read reviews and read a ton of this thread, and have bought 2 pairs blindly (no place to audition anyhow), and found both to sound like crap to my ears. Almost everything I have read about the melomania touch (for instance) says they sound really good (just have other issues). I am so surprised at how off they actually sound, but more suprised at how much people have gotten used to listening to bad sound, and don't really know it.

That might also be part of the problem. I don't think I will ever find some TWS that compare to what I have unwittingly gotten used to with IEMs and headphones. If I could find those unicorns, I would then be end game with TWS AND IEMs... All I would need to complete would be the full sized headphones. I think I am close with either my HE400S or Deva (if I could find a combination of the 2 I would have it).

I hope I have not offended anyone, I was just offering my personal opinion.

I know my Elecom GB41 are my best sounding BT item and they cost $49. They have dual chambers and big drivers with different layers of diaphragms in a nice sandwich. Dual venting as well. Hard to get really good sound in TWS with all the stuff in there so with the pods out on the cable you can do what you want with speakers and housing and venting and pressure relief to get the best sound.

The Victor are a close second and surprise there claim to SQ is puting the driver more separate with space behind it to "breath".
1612530874074.png

TWS is difficult cause you are taking up space that can be used to improve sound. TWS is getting better though. Perhaps the stem kind will have a better shot since they can put more of the other stuff out of the way. Still, headphones and cabled wireless models still have the edge. TWS will sacrifice for the convenience of ditching that one wire and pod/s in between or the size and headband off wireless headphones.

Did you receive a shipment confirmation yet? Ordered as well but haven’t heard anything since the order confirmation.

I know here in the US it is pre-order so they might be able to purchase but not quite ready to ship.

Any concerned about the output power? Specs say max 5mw and the earpieces get 9 hours of battery life with ANC and they have 50mah batteries. Unless they are some silly easy to drive speakers I fear low volume headroom on the KEF. 16 Ohm and 104sens. on the drivers so pretty easy to drive but still a bit worried since I use MSEB to tune and it cuts to avoid clipping and distortion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back