Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 3, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #28,936 of 62,439
Strange. I do know that sometimes I have to open and close the case right after I stop listening to make them disconnect from my iPhone. Haven't connected to a computer yet. I'd reach out to Devialet. Worth a shot.

Yeah, emailed them and here is the response:

To fix the problem, please try the followings:

1. Get a clean microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth to clean the earbuds pins (the 4 tiny metal pins) and the holder where you place the earbuds in the Chamber. 

2. Please leave the charging case plugged in with both earbud inside + the charging case closed, for 2 hours. 

3. After 2 hours, try the below instructions to see if the LED light starts blinking: 
* slide open 
* take out the left earbud (LED green one time) and place it back in the chamber (LED green one time) 
* take out the right earbud (LED green one time) and place it back in the chamber (LED green one time) 

Note: when placing any of the earbud back in the casing, 
* If LED blink Red it means the earbud needs to be charged so place both of them back in the casing. 
* If LED blink Orange or Green when placing back both earbuds then you proceed with next step. 

4. Kindly uninstall Gemini app and install it again.
1. Delete an app from the App Library and Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in the App Library to open a quick actions menu, tap Delete App, then tap Delete.
2. Re-install Gemini app

5. Pair your Gemini by following the steps below 
  1. Slide up the casing 
  2. Press the front button of your casing for 2 seconds (Blinking white LED light) 
  3. Activate the Bluetooth of your Phone 
  4. Select Gemini L and wait till a pop appears to authorize a connection to the Gemini R (Android), or Headset (ios). 

Please let me know the outcome. 

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #28,937 of 62,439
Can you explain the pics? You have to pull the adapter?

Right now the stock tips on left is good. On right nothing is comfortable for long. Best is a comply tip I cut down to be shorter but still comfort is an issue for more than 30 minutes of listening. Better than before where I couldn't make it through a song....

You just remove the foam tips from the adapter, just like removing a foam tip from an IEM. It slips or pulls off.

I’m not sure if they’ve gotten any better, but the last pair I got (generic Chinese foam tip for the APP) separated from the the plastic core... Also, the plastic cracked when I removed it. I’d argue that Comply foam is likely better though.

Yeah, not a huge surprise. We're removing them from the adapter anyways, so it's a non-issue. As I'm not using them on APP's.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #28,942 of 62,439
Yeah, emailed them and here is the response:

To fix the problem, please try the followings:

1. Get a clean microfiber eyeglass cleaning cloth to clean the earbuds pins (the 4 tiny metal pins) and the holder where you place the earbuds in the Chamber. 

2. Please leave the charging case plugged in with both earbud inside + the charging case closed, for 2 hours. 

3. After 2 hours, try the below instructions to see if the LED light starts blinking: 
* slide open 
* take out the left earbud (LED green one time) and place it back in the chamber (LED green one time) 
* take out the right earbud (LED green one time) and place it back in the chamber (LED green one time) 

Note: when placing any of the earbud back in the casing, 
* If LED blink Red it means the earbud needs to be charged so place both of them back in the casing. 
* If LED blink Orange or Green when placing back both earbuds then you proceed with next step. 

4. Kindly uninstall Gemini app and install it again.
1. Delete an app from the App Library and Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in the App Library to open a quick actions menu, tap Delete App, then tap Delete.
2. Re-install Gemini app

5. Pair your Gemini by following the steps below 
  1. Slide up the casing 
  2. Press the front button of your casing for 2 seconds (Blinking white LED light) 
  3. Activate the Bluetooth of your Phone 
  4. Select Gemini L and wait till a pop appears to authorize a connection to the Gemini R (Android), or Headset (ios). 

Please let me know the outcome. 
Wow. Well if that didn’t work and you’re still under warranty they need to replace them.

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #28,944 of 62,439
Feb 4, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #28,947 of 62,439
For those fortunate ones getting the Galaxy Buds Pro for free, try them with different ear tips before you trash them. I am pleasantly surprised when I put AZLA Xelastic and Azla SednaEarFit short on them. Their SQ is very close to my MTW2 with the Azla SednaEarFit short, and the buds pro's ANC actually works very well.

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #28,950 of 62,439
For those fortunate ones getting the Galaxy Buds Pro for free, try them with different ear tips before you trash them. I am pleasantly surprised when I put AZLA Xelastic and Azla SednaEarFit short on them. Their SQ is very close to my MTW2 with the Azla SednaEarFit short, and the buds pro's ANC actually works very well.
Wait, people are trashing the buds pros? But crinacle gave them a very high score, the best globally-available TWS in fact!

Does the case accommodate the Azla shorts?

Also, is there a 'Clear' setting in the app and does it improve sound quality? (It does on the Buds Plus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back